It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Homosexuality Fad.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Masterjaden

I can't get an erection for a woman. I have never, since the time I can remember, been remotley attracted to any woman. Can you please explain how I purportely made a choice to like.men and face a lifetime of discrimation? Do you think the gay people who burned in Holocaust ovens made a choice to be gay? How about Matthew Sheppard, who was murdered at the hands of two homophobic bigots in Wyoming, or the multitude of other murders and hangings in the middle east, where people are put to death for simply loving someone of the same sex. You people who think we just want to be gay for #s and giggles are a #ing joke. When did you make the "choice" to be straight?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yea, and you're the person who thinks that me holding hands with my fiance in public is "pushing my homosexuality on others". Tell you what, once straight people stop with PDAs, ill stop holding hands with my fiance out of the house.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

The post isn't "offensive", people are simply sensitive.
In fact, she couldn't have sugar coated it any better.

If you can't discuss this the way she words it, then you can't discuss it at all.
I'm personally more blunt.
People don't need to be getting all teary eyed from these things.
They're quite necessary, you know?
Maybe we'll get somewhere with this and end the rein of wannabe gay kids trying to invent false emotions as part of their gimmick.

And truth be, if I were gay, I would be offended by people pretending to be gay.
So I think I get what you were saying for the most part. People pretending to be gay is very insulting...and sort of under minds any person that is a mature, legit homosexual.

A lot of kids are very gullible...I mean, dressing up for Halloween every day cos they saw it on Twilight or Elmo, whatever...they're followers.

Everybody wants to be gay and wear plastic teeth. It's sort of made out to be a joke, so I definitely see reason to be offended by them....but the discussion of it is just fine, even necessary.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I look forward to the day when prurient pervs stop peering into other peoples' private lives.

The biblical laws against homosexuality were there because desert clans could die out if the offspring did not "do their duty" and create more children.
Even now Judaism emphasises the responsibility of the young Jew to produce a child.

Some people really dislike homosexuality, and I think a deal should be struck with them. They don't have to do sex the gay way, and gays don't have to do sex the straight way. Fair enough?

We really need to be considering the future of humanity. As humans have overun this Earth like a locust plague, it would be more reasonable to worry about hetero sex than gay sex. Less people means a better environment, healthier food and less global warming. (because there will be fewer cows to fart.)

Perhaps we could at least stop these debates about what causes homosexuality and just be greatful that some people do prefer gay sex. If two people love each other, what business is their respective genders to anyone but themselves?

edit on 4/10/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

Why then is the homosexuality "fad" so often followed by a suicide "fad?"

If they are acting gay and offended the world doesn't seem to get it...for example the prevalence of posts like your own...why go all the way to killing yourself because you cannot change?

This is some pretty good acting.

What will these crazy kids think of to get attention next?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LimbicSystem
Maybe we'll get somewhere with this and end the rein of wannabe gay kids . . .

It's reign, they're not horses.

And truth be, if I were gay, I would be offended by people pretending to be gay.
So I think I get what you were saying for the most part. People pretending to be gay is very insulting...and sort of under minds any person that is a mature, legit homosexual.

How often have you felt offended and insulted by still-in-the-closet gays pretending to be heterosexual?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
double post

edit on 4/10/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

If two people love each other, what business is their respective genders to anyone but themselves?

True.
Marriage is a legally recognized contract
between 2 consenting adults, an officiator and a witness (optional)
These are the only requirements.

If I am a Catholic prevented from marrying a Jew - this is discrimination based on religion.
If I am Caucasian prevented from marrying a Negro - this is discrimination based on race.
If I am a woman prevented from marrying a woman - this is discrimination based on sex.

Eventually people will be able to marry who they want and this will no longer be news.
Children will not cry themselves to sleep because hatred and homophobia reign.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Powerless men, most of them know they aren't gay, but they need to fill their sexual urges anyway because of the onslaught of sexual subliminal messages in the media.

Those in charge don't care, as long as you sucking each other off and getting drunk and dumb and spending money, the media has done it's job.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

A fad? You stick a penis up an anus to join a fad. Don't get offended becuase that is what it is!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, I'm bi-curious myself and like what others said people do seem to get into it just for attention

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The other day a gay male committed suicide (jumped off a bridge) because his roommates posted a video of him committing sexual acts with another college guy.

There are people who are gay. Those pretending to be gay are just mocking them.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LimbicSystem

Really? Everyone wants to be gay? Including the guys who slaughtered Matthew Shepard because of his sexual orientation? I had no idea it was a fad that everyone wants a part of. Thanks for the information.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
The other day a gay male committed suicide (jumped off a bridge) because his roommates posted a video of him committing sexual acts with another college guy.

Not sure how that relates to the delusional theory that homosexuality is a fad. But thank you for bringing that up. It's a shame we still live in a society where gays are discriminated against. Not just children are doing it but adults. Adults who can't grow up and accept homosexuality. Quite disgusting.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Never...I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt. Try to stay on subject.

We are talking about kids that do it for attention.
Maybe those kids NEED attention, maybe you need attention...
but really, calm down. It'll all be okay.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

There are people who are gay. Those pretending to be gay are just mocking them.

Well spoken.
Too true.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Did you not read the whole thing?

Not gays...fake ones.. Ones that are not gay, not in the closet, but are literally PRETENDING to be gay.

This has nothing to do with your deep emotions. You could find a thread that actually does insult gays somewhere else.
This one merely mentions it and brings up a good point about a FAD...it's a fad, yes, it's not being gay, it is more like a style...because the people doing it aren't really gay.
Those are the ones she is referring to.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A metroman can pull off "gay" quite easily and may view it as a gateway to get a girl, "let's see if you can turn me".
The girl viewing that as a challenge, takes him up on it. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, with Lorraine and that gay guy.

But seriously if being "gay" has become so popular in your area that people have to fake being gay, that is, well, just wrong on so many levels.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LimbicSystem

Thanks for that demonstration of mockery. As you showed, mockery and flattery by imitation are two quite different things.
And don't worry about my feelings. One must feel some respect for a person before one can be insulted by them.

Now let's try again, Limbic dear, and see if you can answer the question this time.

Originally posted by LimbicSystemAnd truth be, if I were gay, I would be offended by people pretending to be gay.

How often have you felt offended and insulted by still-in-the-closet gays pretending to be heterosexual?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Awe. You called me dear! LOl I can picture you actually talking that way...

I'll leave your credibility on the respect bit in question, but I like talking to you so far...I guess I'm...flattered..

Have I felt insulted by gay people pretending to be straight?

Well, yes, actually. Or at least I felt pity that they're hiding.

I just feel that's different though. It nearly angers me that people are pretending to be gay, but when gay people pretend to be straight, I just feel pity.
A better question!
Are people in the closet a fad?
No...they're in the closet, they're gay pretending to be straight...and not for attention or to get laid.

In the fad, however, you have straight kids pretending to be gay for attention.
They aren't really hiding their being straight..they aren't in the closet about it, usually after a couple of years go by and they move onto a different gimmick, they say they're straight again.

Simple, really, if you don't think about it.
edit on 5-10-2010 by alien because: removed the personal attack

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join