It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Ten Commandments influenced from The 42 Principles?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

well i have, as i mentioned before, a rather unorthodox view of biblical texts. for example, i think the bottomless pit mentioned in revelation 9 is a wormhole that is gated and buried under the euphrates river, and the gate requires a key, and the key is in the hands of an angelic being (extra-terrestrial) that figuratively (in the stars) and literally, comes down to open the gate. the astronomy layer serves to determine place of origin, place of destination and time frame. ( revelation is not an one layer affair, which is what has made it so enigmatic and easy to misunderstand. )

this opening of the gate, resolves in an influx, of what to me, sounds like some kind of alien invasion. also note that i believe the bottomless pit, which is in reality the "abyss" is the same thing as Enki's ABZU. and that there was more than one ABZU, but the one in revelation 9 is referring to the same abyss/abzu from which Enki arrives on the planet in the sumerian texts. (see also, the primeval mountain rising from the primeval abyss called the nun in egyptian texts).

the big secrets are layered affairs. like compartmentalized top secret data, it has been understood in layers or phases, but no one person has had the entire enchilada.

i am not sure what to make of the concepts like hell, hades, lake of fire, especially since it appears to go hand in hand with the abyss and bottomless pit. so my current theory is that they are the same thing, and that in fact, hell is a subterranean star gate which goes.....somewhere

edit on 28-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In the question of Hybrids...

What do you all think of Grace Powers and the work she has done investigating "Monkey Blood"?

arnoskatas.wordpress.com...

Creationists believe that the human race was created by God, which means that God genetically engineered us. Most believers would agree that God is a being or an energy not of this planet or of this dimension. God must therefore be an alien. Many of the ancient texts talks of God’s who came to Earth from the heavens, and created man in their own image. In the Bible’s Book of Genesis, the Gods are described as giant beings called the Nephilim, or fallen ones. The Egyptians, Phoenicians, Chaldeans, Mayans, Aztecs, Areians, Assyrians, and the inhabitants of Ancient Indian Tibet, have all recorded the arrival of Gods from the heavens, in their ancient writings.

Good discussion here, thanks for sharing your views!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thats a mistranslation - for one very essential reason.

The pagan concept of G-d is inherently different than the Jewish idea.

Judaism considers G-d to be the absolute of reality, who relates with his creatures in a very real personal way.

The pagan idea generally is more so a minor emphasis on the 'great' G-d. Yes, this G-d would be similar to the Jewish version, but their relationsbhip to it is much much less than that of the Jews. Notice that paganism is mostly POLYtheistic. They worship many gods. Yes, the highest manifestation in their heirarchy is the creator. Some however, have a dramatically different view about Judaism. The gnostics for instance believed the Jews worshipped a deluded archon or angel, an 'archetype' of power, might, etc. They believed him to be only one half of the divine picture. He was masculine, whereas the feminine, Earth, known as Ishtar in babylon, or Innana in akkadia. Earth as opposed to rigid judgement and morality, is all about natural things, like emotion, lust, desire for wealth, power, fame, etc, these natural urges they believed and still today pagans believe to be the other half of spirituality. they believe people should be composed of half good deeds, and half bad, as aristotle taught, people shouldnt be too virtous or too vice. They should have a moderation of each. This is in essence the basis of modern psychology. The ego needs to be 'strengthened' and encouraged a little for the sake of psychic health.

So, the Jewish idea of G-d is fundamentally different. Also, theres a very cursory and superficial criticism going on here. Learn about the mystical side of religion. Thats where the real knowledge and philosophy is.

edit on 28-9-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I like those 42 principles more than the ten commandants! They seem to be all inclusive.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
42?

where have i seen that number????

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ill give you a hint to my theory as far as Anu. Atum = Atom. Then Adam. The first man or Adamu in Sumerian.Maybe. Wordplay is fun as is arguing over stuff we surely will never have revealed to us. The concept of religion is man made though...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

i've considered that too.
but i think the ATUM cloned themselves. the creation texts seem to suggest that. the clones were the images of the ATUM and were named after the ATUM. adam=atum and is plural, not singular. males and females. it isn't till later, that the second adam and eve are created, and eve seems to be cloned from adam and adam made of clay, like a gollem. really odd.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

'the earth beneath' and 'water beneath' is in juxtaposition to 'the heavens above.' its speaking about the ground and water below the heavens, which is just your plain old grounds and waters.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

All Nephilim wore Hybrids, the evil Anunnaki toke the doughters of men and created hybrids, Nephilim.

Just to be clear- not all Anunnaki were evil. Just like all humans are not evil.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

might i inquire as to which anunnaki you refer? i have my own ideas about it, but wanted to see who you were talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join