It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Ten Commandments influenced from The 42 Principles?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Let me say this. The Egyptians, Sumerians, Minoans, Chinese, Mayans, and virtually all ancient civilizations tell a similar story, all of which include the story of a returning planetary body and great deluge. Also, in particular the Egyptians, Sumerians and Mayans had advanced astronomical knowlege, which is documented in stone carvings and tablets. Along with the Egyptian version of the commandments, which to obtain passage into the heavens you would hopefully be able to confirm compliance, as questioned by Ociris and legered by Toth. Why are many mainstream academics, particulary those with government ties, so quick to dismiss these historical accounts? It's because they're paychecks and positions depend on it.

Why was it such dramatic news when peices of the Hale-Bopp Comet impacted Jupiter in '94, yet a similar impact with Jupiter last July barely recieved notice? That's rhetorical. Not reallly difficult to understand. Pay close attention from this point in. Don't rely on the media to assemble information for you, because they won't.

You are being handled. By that, I mean it would be preferable, in the eyes of the federal government, that you don't concern yourself with the obvious until such time that the upper reaches of the federal government, many of which are being handled as well, are safely situated for whatever may come. abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Well there are different definitions for Truthers. your definition is no more correct than any other interpretation made.
That's my opinion. The Fallen have risen since being imprisoned for so long and it is time for me to shine.

Enough said yo are a hybrid.

So in other word, you think Satan will win this war? God gave the kingdoms of earth to Satan not earth it's self, and if Satan promise you this planet and everything in it? your wrong because non of this is Satans nor the hybrids.

Yeshua is coming for you hybrids and he will establish the law of God and peace to all human life on earth and you nor Satan can't do nothing about it. Time is ticking fast because your end is near.

No wounder you ask me about Alex Jones.

edit on 28-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Let me say this. The Egyptians, Sumerians, Minoans, Chinese, Mayans, and virtually all ancient civilizations tell a similar story, all of which include the story of a returning planetary body

I wasn't aware that any of them told of that? And many don't talk of a great deluge either.

As for the OP I'm more intrigued that there were 42 principles. 42? We all know what that signifies ......

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the complement!
I have a lot of time on my hands so God can continue to hold on for another century. lol
Where does evil come from? Satan, God? who?
www.usbible.com...
www.usbible.com...
www.usbible.com...

The Apocalypse of Jesus A broken clock keeps perfect time twice a day.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

www.chrisbeach.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

What does 42 signifies?
en.wikipedia.org...
Here's more on flood myths.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Essan

What does 42 signifies?

the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Again thanks for the complement. I love it when people give me power over themselves. The more you troll the more power I get from you.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I for one believe in GOD and JESUS and atheists can take a flying jump! unbelievable romantic rebel trying to push his satanic agenda I am laughing ;you are very wrong and seriously outnumbered ,and by the way God WINS everytime!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Probably is a pretty weak word when trying to steal the Torah...
.A theory is one persons point of view.

Prove your case with facts...folk law is a good way to uncover the history...A bit like the many thousands
that there with Moses on the mountain....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Who ever is a fan of history, skepticism, religion, and what not. . . . Just now I came across the The 42 Principles of Ma'at, the Goddess. Which is very, very similar to the Bibical Ten Commandments.
. . .
Tell me I'm not seeing plagiarism here! I would like to see what you guys think about this.
I believe people who created the Jewish religion copied these commandments.
Take a look at the links and judge for yourself!

You're not seeing plagiarism. What you're seeing is something compiled on some websites which don't quite understand what's going on and didn't bother with scholarly research.

Let's look at the timelines here -- the "Judgement" scene comes from "The Book of the Dead", which originated in "The Pyramid Texts" of the Old Kingdom and the "Coffin Texts" of the Middle Kingdom. The scroll known as "The Book of the Dead" was a collection of these texts that were placed in coffins and written on tomb/temple walls and typical examples are from about 1400 BC. They grew and changed over time and no too books are similar.

They were basically "I'm dead -- I've been good! Don't throw me to Apep!!!" verses. If you'd been bad and made sacrifices to Anubis, he would put his thumb on the scales of judgment and help you.
en.wikipedia.org...

The part quoted by one of those sources (which mentions "God" instead of "gods") really mangles the translation in order to make the point. Here's a better translation. Notice the version that mentions the 42 gods that the deceased would swear by :
www.wsu.edu...

The reference to "Lord of the Double Ma'at" refers to Thoth, who was the high god of Heliopolis.

Soooo... from its beginning around 2800 BC, we fast forward up to 700 BC and the "ten commandments."

The people who wrote that (the Jews) don't have "10 Commandments." Those are the ten divisions of the 613 commandments that all Jews are supposed to obey: www.jewfaq.org...

Here's the list: www.jewfaq.org...

How close are those to the Judgment scene in the Book of the Dead? Not very. How close are they to the laws of other societies in the same area (Babylonian laws, Sumerian laws)? "Some similarities, but not copied (particularly the laws on worship and religion.)"

Now, from the writing of the Torah, fast forward 700 years to the birth of Christianity in a Roman controlled area of the Middle East and then another 300 years to the formal writing of the Bible. Christians at some time during this phase (for whatever reason) quit believing in the 613 commandments, and instead place special significance on the ten divisions of the law. This gets reworked during the split between Protestant and Catholic (about 1500 AD) so that the phrasing of the Protestant and the Catholic laws are slightly different.

They aren't derived from each other -- however they are social rules that almost every society has because these rules make a society stable -- obey authorities, don't steal, honor your deities, don't kill, don't lie. You find them in Confucianism (en.wikipedia.org... ), Code of Hammurabi (and others of that area) en.wikipedia.org... the Tlingit of Alaska (ankn.uaf.edu... )... and many others that never had contact with each other.

So, no, they're not copied.

Wikipedia's article goes over a lot of side issues with the ten commandments that you may find interesting.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Book of the Dead and the Judgment of the Dead and the Negative confession make interesting reading... I suggest googling for "Egypt negative confession" to get the real scoop on things.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

okay, here's a challenge for ya.

it's david flynn, a researcher of ancient texts. he's shown here at a roswell conference, discussing the whole 2012 thing. he explains the passage of time in biblical prophecy (particularly apocalyptic prophecy in revelation) using the movement of constellations and the precession of the equinoxes. he's very soft spoken, so you need to turn up the volume and listen carefully.
this is part 1

part 2
www.youtube.com...
part 3
www.youtube.com...
part 4
www.youtube.com...
part 5
www.youtube.com...
part 6
www.youtube.com...
part 7
www.youtube.com...
part 8
www.youtube.com...
part 9
www.youtube.com...
part 10
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sure I'll except your weak challenge. 2012. Where does that originate?

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012, which is said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't see Jesus or the Book of Revelation anywhere here. There have been similar events where people went crazy for the revolution.
www.usbible.com...

The year 1,000 was a big event for apocalyptic Christians. Thousands of pilgrims in Europe sold their belongings and journeyed to Jerusalem to await the Son of Man to come on a cloud. Like a hoard of locusts, they destroyed and pillaged whatever they needed to sustain themselves. Jerusalem became overcrowded with more people than the city could support. Every phenomenon of nature filled them with alarm. The plague added to their excitement while fanatic preachers kept the flame of terror. When the end didn't come, they were left impoverished because they had sold their belongings.

We also have this here.

During the great plague between the year 1345 and 1350, it was generally considered the end of the world was at hand. Pretended prophets in the principal cities of Germany, France and Italy were predicting that within ten years the archangel would sound the trumpets and the Savior would appear in the clouds to call the earth to judgment.

2012 is just another date in which Christians use to bring upon the imaginary wrath of Jesus.
www.bible.ca...

Over 200 predictions and counting! Yes the end is coming, but all human predictions are wrong!Text

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

watch the videos (all 10 of them).

then comment on what you think he's talking about.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sorry! I just don't have enough faith to be a Christian! It's pointless to watch another person present themselves knowing what's going to happen in the world. Non of them have ever been accurate. 2012 is just another date being used to sell books and scare people into believing in God.
The Mayans believed in multiple Gods.
www.religionfacts.com...
I don't see the Jewish/ Christian God any where here. So why use 2012?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

okay, you really can't say you've taken the challenge until ya do. that's why i offered it as a challenge.

i will summarize it for you. it works like this:

the constellation draco (draconis) is mentioned in revelation 12, verses 3 and 4. what they basically describe is the precession of the equinoxes in conjunction with world events of various kinds.

here's the verses in question

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

that third part of the stars of heaven is one third of the precessional cycle. his second video describes how that is relevant to understanding how time has been, from the days of sumer and ancient egypt, determined. at least watch the second video in the series, where he explains how the calendar works based on the precessional cycle

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Humm! Thanks for the summarizing! Off topic I have some sites you would enjoy!!
Seems you're a fan of astrology.
www.usbible.com...
Check out all the articles. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

no no not astrology, but rather astronomy. astrology is the belief that the stars dictate your personality, temperament and so on. astronomy is the science of the movements of stars, planets, in relation to the passage of time and the various features of those heavenly objects and how they function inside the laws of physics. revelation has what i refer to as an astronomy layer. revelation 12 is referencing the precession of the equinoxes and the events transpiring in the precession.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

How do you view the end times. If you believe the world is going to end whenever. Tell me what are your views.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Enough said yo are a hybrid.

So in other word, you think Satan will win this war? God gave the kingdoms of earth to Satan not earth it's self, and if Satan promise you this planet and everything in it? your wrong because non of this is Satans nor the hybrids.

Yeshua is coming for you hybrids and he will establish the law of God and peace to all human life on earth and you nor Satan can't do nothing about it. Time is ticking fast because your end is near.

No wounder you ask me about Alex Jones.

We are all hibrids, mix, same boat mate, they know it was a mistake doing what they done.
Our history is so long, the bible and other books are a way of describing it.
We are the androids, what I get is that we are subject to suffering, if you ask me we had enough.
Some people feel more than others, some don't, some have sold out thinking it's easy.

edit on 28-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join