It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new kind of cloud formation boils over the central US

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here's a photo I took a few weeks ago. It's not nearly as cool as some of the photos on this thread though.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/434f3733ad94.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They look so surreal - beautiful! I saw some of these photos online several months back. Also, I took a photo of a cloud formation such as this when leaving on a trip on the highway from Kentucky. If I can find that photo I will post it here. Amazing - thank you OP and others that contributed!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How about these roll clouds?
Horizontal tornadoes?

www.everythingselectric.com...

You folks who think that these are just Natural clouds should talk to some old folks and especially people who have spent most of their lives working outside. They would tell you that they had never seen such formations in their day.

Thos lenticular clouds are said to be formed from air flows off mountains. Well I can tell you that I have seen them here in florida coming in off the Gulf. This was a one time thing and I haven't seen them since. I did wonder as I looked at them if this was cover for some type aircraft.
edit on 24-12-2010 by OhZone because: To add further comment/

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I had these pictures on my cell phone from June 25, 2008. I was on "Alligator alley" between Ft Lauderdale, FL and Ft Myers, FL. Very crazy clouds.

imageshack.us...
edit on 3-3-2012 by KyleH because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join