It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

www.azcentral.com

Adriana Miranda leaned against the door frame and started to sob.

Her husband hasn't found steady work in a year. Then, on Friday, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed the tough anti-illegal-immigration law that will allow police to arrest illegal immigrants like her. It was the last straw. After seven years in Arizona, the family was moving.
"Yesterday, we sold our trailer," Miranda, 38, said between sobs. "We don't know exactly where. Another state."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Arizona's new immigration law is not so much about using local police to round up and deport as many of the estimated 460,000 illegal immigrants in the state as possible, said state Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills, it's about creating so much fear they will leave on their own.

Seems to be working and just where will the nearly half million Hispanics go? Kansas, Iowa, maybe New Hampshire to hang with the ultra rich? There not going to go back to the hell they left so obviously they will be looking for other parts of the heartland to move to.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
how bout Mexico ???
that would be a nice place for them.
Nice warm tropical beaches, Coronas, etc...
freedom

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oh my gosh! What struck me about the opening of this article is that they interviewed a woman who has been in the US for 7 years illegally!

How does an illegal blend in so well for 7 years that they can buy, and then sell a trailer? Who is notorizing papers without identification?

Not only that, if her husband has not worked in over a year, how are these people surviving?

While I don't blame these people for leaving the state, it's time for them to go home! Leaving AZ will just force other states to adopt the same new laws!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Why the hatred for Latinos?

Maybe the illegals should leave but the one's who are there legally have a right to stay... everytime i read a thread on Latinos it's like you are saying you hate all Latinos!

They have as much right to be there as you as they were forced out many years ago... why do you think every street name in Cali is a Hispanic one?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

How does an illegal blend in so well for 7 years that they can buy, and then sell a trailer? Who is notorizing papers without identification?

Not only that, if her husband has not worked in over a year, how are these people surviving?

Same way a lot of Americans do, food stamps welfare he might take day jobs for cash.... Not saying these people are this way but I used to know this Mexican who made a good deal of money as a professional shoplifter... you told him what you wanted from a store He'd name a price if you agreed...he'd go get it for you... He never did get me that Police laser detector I wanted... oh well

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Whoa there buddy I never said I hated Latinos...
My grandmother and great grandmother were from Spain so I share common ancestry with a lot of these folks...

I have no problem living and working with Hispanics as long as they do it the right way, legally... and Hell I speak Spanish better than I do English... my first language is Apache though...Yeah I'm a Red Skin...

Maybe before you make wild claims like "you hate all Latinos!" you should double check your facts before you embarrass yourself

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
And Im supposed to feel sorry for a woman who has been here illegally for 7 years? Good riddance I say! Every other country gets to enforce their immigration laws and we should be able to as well. Let them go. Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm actualy very interested to see how this pans out.

Lets see....

Arizona population is at 6,595,778....

The estimated Illegal Immigrant population of Arizona is at 475,000....

I'd say each illegal immigrant generates around 2 dollars a day in Taxes, sales and such.

and around 1 dollar in federal income take under a fake social number a day.

So 3 X 675,000 (because estimates are always under when it comes to these thing) = a loss of around $2,025,000 dollars day in one month that will be $60,750,000 dollars completely lost from the State of Arizona.....Each month.

And this is not counting all the produce and worthless China made items Mexicans love to buy.

The destruction and annihilation of your precious state.....Priceless.

I hope I'm totally wrong tho, I hope you guys all end up is Arizonatopia now.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

One other thing is AZ sells a lot of there produce to Mexico.
oh yeah there are big commercial farms there, ranches too!
if they alienate themselves to much those much, services critical to their economy will more elsewhere, New Mexico or Texas.

they are walking a very fine line here...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Fortunately Arizona is a state that can afford the loss unlike Cali. Iz, you're from Mexico. Why don't you tell us some of Mexico's immigration laws and how they are enforced?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So your saying your grand mom and great grand mom arrived to the US on some boat filled with lice infested scurvy immigrants a long time ago my mom has to go through the proper channels to be good in your book?

What proper Channels did your Great Grand ma go through? Just wondering.

Look you descendant of immigrants, you need to understand that you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Sure no problem...

First of all you can't get a job unless your a Mexican National or are working under a work visa.

Next you can't own land unless your a Mexican.

Then you shoot people dead who try to cross your southern border.

It's simple really, and it works great.

It's called enforcing immigration laws and not flooding the country with them. America should try it some time.

Ah who am i kidding America would never look out for it's people.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

People love to spout off about how they have immigrated ancestors but Ellis Island wasn't exactly the INS. They didn't care if you could speak English or not. The only group they banned for awhile was Asians. It was just "K you don't have pink eye get over here and go slave in a factory kthnxbye". As opposed to the modern reality to having to pony up hundreds just to get a visa and then having to pony up even more to get citizenship.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

LOL...
Turns out my great grandmother is a very famous local character in my part of the world so you better nto go bad mouthing her or she might come talk to you about it
Here's a little vid about my great grandmother

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

which reminds me that America is the only country in the World that actually sells citizenship for money. the people who usually buy citizenship are presidents and politicians or terrorists who rape pillage and plunder all the countries you Americans whine about getting their act together.

Other counties do this of course but it's called curuption in these countries.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I enjoy the financial loss statements I've been hearing on the news and within this thread.

How much money will the state save everyday from illegal health benefits, false unemployment claims, and welfare fraud. I guarantee you it's more than their perceived loss. You will not hear this number reported as it is politically incorrect to point out how illegal immigration is a leech on society.

California would save billions if they had the balls to do what AZ is doing.

No one also mentions how AZ unemployment rate will drop as jobs open up with illegal aliens forced to return to their land of origin.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And so many of American legal citizens in this nation are in the same situation, no jobs and unemployed after been working for many years.

Mrs. Miranda can always go back to her nation of origin American citizens can not.

I hope they don't migrate to GA we are after all a welfare state that unemployment is over 100% if that is possible and state are eating the salaries of those that still have a meaningful job.

Plus we have also an immigration problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I would never bad mouth a mans Great Grand Mother....

But After taking one look at her picture I can tell you she was a cool Lady, an immigrant at that, one that most likely faced a lot of racism for being an immigrant And a healer at that.

I'm surprised she has not been to see you and slap your mouth for bad mouthing people who have walked the same path as her.

BTW, the creators of this video were as insulting as it gets, They made a harmless spirit seam like a scary monster. not cool

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

This is adressed to the person who replied to hinky! Sorry about that!

Yes, and right in this article, it just goes to show how long leaching can go on for. The woman interviewed has been here for 7 years.

Now, tell me in those 7 years, why hasn't this woman tried to become a legal citizen?

How does she have any right to complain about her current situation?

Interestingly, my husband and I were seriously thinking about moving to Mexico, because my husband has serious health issues, and even with 2 insurance coverages, we still pay deductibles, and co-pays.

Anybody interested in moving to Mexico, should research what it would take to get a job there. They don't make it easy for people who move there!

I'd also like to add, that I have moved around the country quite a bit in the last year, to find a job, which I lost during Katrina. I moved up to a suburb of Chicago for a while and looked for a job there. My husband could not take the cold, so we headed back south. I was offered a couple of jobs, through temporary agencies, but applied everywhere. Even though I am over qualified for many jobs, I applied at gas stations, and even McDonalds, and was surprised to learn to work at those menial jobs, up by the Wisconsin border, that you have to be bi-lingual! You can't get a freaking job at a gas station or McDonald's, unless you speak spanish!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

edit for clarification! This was not addressed to hinky!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join