It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread. Personally between you and me, I have read the history of everything, and think it's a crock!

But it's great that you enjoy it!

The victors write it and rewrite it, and they rewrite it to manipulate us, and teach it as such in schools.

It's why history keeps repeating itself in the form of bad things, that happen over and over again. Because they don't teach the truth about what really happened.

Lots of research and thought went into the post.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

If I had the ability to give you APPLAUSE, I certainly would. I read every word of your OP. The way you connect the dots so flawlessly was truly amazing. It all makes sense.

Thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing. This could easily be put into a book and sold. I feel honored to have read it. Would you mind if I print it off and share it?

Also, I too feel the history books are manipulated. Many people are beginning to feel this way. Several of my friends home school their children as a result of disinfo being taught in schools. You're on the right path.

The religious aspects of your thread fascinated me the most by far. I have read the Sumerian text and found it interesting. It was originally what caused my search for truth, and in the end, away from Christianity. I now feel that religions are the worst thing to have happened to this planet.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing! I hope this thread remains on the front page for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I really like your posts and you as a person because I ussualy happen to read them.
Though this time there are many lose ends and so many things reported wrongly. I don't think you did something on purpose.
Of course you seem you are in to something interesting in trying to combine all the resultant dynamics from all the cities you described.
Good luck in your discoveries.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Hey thanks my friend, please do feel free to print it and share it, just make sure you let everyone know you found it right here on ATS, the greatest site on the Internet!

I wrote it hoping that people would in fact share it with others, and they say that the best things in life are free!

Thanks for posting and sharing.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

I really like your posts and you as a person because I ussualy happen to read them.
Though this time there are many lose ends and so many things reported wrongly. I don't think you did something on purpose.
Of course you seem you are in to something interesting in trying to combine all the resultant dynamics from all the cities you described.
Good luck in your discoveries.

I would not so much say they are reported wrongly as they are differently to what people are used to seeing them presented as.

There is a lot of research involved, there is a lot of speculation involved, and the speculation involves reverse engineering history, from the present backwards, theorizing, that the outcome of ever stage, had to have been purposefully manipulated to achieve the result, and who would have benefited the most to have done that.

It's a conspiracy theory, and not a history thesis, it's a conspiracy theory, on what I consider to be the biggest and mother of all conspiracies, and not a text book history text.

I am sorry if it offends you in some way, but honestly the conspiracy that is driving world events to such tragic conclusions and events offends me in some way.

To the point in fact, I think we should start considering the possibility that maybe, just maybe we have been lied to for a very long time about most everything, and that it might be a good idea, to figure out what is really happening, by starting out, trying to figure out exactly what really has happened.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
**STANDING OVATION**

I do not have words to reveal how gratifying it is to read a post that obviously had a plethora of time involved in it.

I have been reading ATS for nearly 2 years now. I have made roughly 5-6 posts in that time period, partially for the fact of laziness. I felt a need to comment on this post.

But I have one question.

You mentioned the Italian Mafia in this post, I am just wondering what "role" they play in your theory?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Genius22

They allow Rome to profit off of our vices, and in fact to promote vices for Rome to profit off of. For instance the biggest cash industry in the world is Heroin.

The War in Afghanistan is actually being fought to end the dominance of the Chinese Triads in the Heroin trade, after Rome first lost the Golden Triangle Opium Fields in the fall of Saigon, and then the Afghani opium fields when the Soviets fled.

Rome exists for profit, as a business, it simply uses religion as a front.

It looks to profit off of us no matter what we do good or bad, and the Italian Mafia is part of that.

They also can be used as contract killers, for when loose ends need to be tied up.

Thanks for posting and asking.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

First of all, thank you for replying.

Secondly, I wanted to add my thoughts on something. As a Christian, I was an evangelist. I was raised with the Christian beliefs. They were rooted deeply within me. I was completely brain washed, for lack of a better word.

When I started seeking out other paths, I felt as if I were blaspheming. I could almost feel the flames of hell licking at my feet. Turning away from ones' beliefs is probably the most difficult thing in the world. It was certainly no easy task for me. Not only because I was scared, but I literally had a mental block set against other thoughts. I believe someone mentioned it being hard to even read the Sumerian text if you're a Christian. Well, it's true. It was VERY hard for me. I knew it would raise questions, and to me that was a huge sin.

It sounds silly to many I'm sure. But I was deeply indoctrinated. When I finally did break free, it took a very long time to overcome the pain I felt. The feelings of 'what-if' and so forth. To make matters worse, I live in the bible belt and everyone is constantly saying, "I believe you will return to Jesus someday. Let me pray with you"

The things you're saying in this thread will stir up people. You're challenging them to think outside of the box. It will be hard for some. They're being told not to buy into the history lessons of school. Of their holy books. I am sure the path you have walked has not been an easy one either.

Kudos to you for being open. For being determined. And for having a desire to share your findings with others.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

On another note, as thinking back into the post, I decided to reread it. I find it thrilling to just see everything "click" as the possibilities on numerous events in history can be tied right into your theory.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

The things you're saying in this thread will stir up people. You're challenging them to think outside of the box. It will be hard for some. They're being told not to buy into the history lessons of school. Of their holy books. I am sure the path you have walked has not been an easy one either.

I was rather fortunate though some would consider otherwise, in that I began reading about conspiracies and conspiracy related history about the time most people were reading, see Dick, see Spot, see Jane.

By the time I reached the eighth grade I was considered to be such a political maverick to the point of being incorrigible the School District offered by way of contract not forcing me to attend school, if I didn’t demand an education.

There is a little bit more to it of course, I had to do some serious convincing of them first on multiple levels in multiple settings they weren’t going to educate me, but the outcome, has allowed me to actually develop my entire life not just as an out of the box thinker, but living outside the box.

In fact they wouldn’t let me, and didn’t want me in the box! So when you are shut out of the box, looking in from the outside, you develop a very different perspective from a very different vantage that can observe the totality of what’s going on inside the box, without being caught up in it.

Without really any exception almost everyone posting to the thread has been wonderfully mannered when posting objections or criticism, which I do welcome both.

Everyone should always be heard and considered, but I do believe we are reaching a critical juncture in history and time, where a lot of people are coming to the conclusion that they are being boxed in, more and more by repressive and intrusive government and institutions and feel it’s only going to continue to get worse.

I too feel it will, if we don’t start thinking more out of the box, and looking more outside of the box, and back in the box, and being honest about what we see.

I think this thread is demonstrating just how many people on ATS are really reaching that point.

To me that is a very hopeful sign indeed, thanks for sharing your experiences! I am sure we can all learn something from one another and through one another, when we take the time to honestly communicate.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genius22

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

On another note, as thinking back into the post, I decided to reread it. I find it thrilling to just see everything "click" as the possibilities on numerous events in history can be tied right into your theory.

That's the real enlightening thing, about the conspiracy regarding Rome, it's actually the missing ellement in most people's various conspiracy theories on singular events.

They can never quite tie all the threads completely together, because they seldom ever see how Rome fits into it and it benefits Rome.

When you add that missing ellement though, then all of a sudden, everything clicks and falls into place!

Thanks my friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

A quick question for you Proto. I was looking at my earlier post to undo and realized that I brought up an intriguing point in it. I surmised that Julius Caesar did in fact go on a world domination tour with his soldiers and fought with them on the very front lines of those battles. It was this among other things that made him so wildly popular.

Now after this I concluded that any sacred texts and or top secret information about that civilization would have been handed over to him after they had been defeated and that he could have used these texts to get a broad picture of how the human mind and control systems worked. After which he would have seen how it could be possible to dominate the entire globe.

Is this true of Julius, going out with his armies? I know I have heard this before. Is it possible that this is how he came up with his master plan? Or am I way off track here?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Utterly awesome thread - really really enjoyed the read. Time well spent

Ding-ding, the ring of truth, sounded many times whilst I read this.

My personal interest is in the obvious (to me) awakening of human consciousness that appears to be 'coming to a head' or at least bringing us to the thresh-hold of some major awareness shift.

I assign a 'greater than human' intelligence to this 'movement', so wonder if:

a) you share this observation
b) you link it somehow to the conspiracy

Perhaps as the 'end times' of the Roman conspiracy of control gets ever closer, the fundamental yearning of consciousness to express freedom gets ever stronger.

Perhaps it will be the restriction and control that eventually sets us free - or at least returns us to the freedom we once enjoyed.

Great question my friend, and thank you for asking, and sorry it’s taking me a while to get to everyone’s post.

I do feel that the world is coming to an evolutionary turning point.

I honestly would not say that there is a greater than human intelligence involved, so much as I would say, perhaps we suffer from only seeing ourselves as humans, and that our intelligence is intrinsically linked to what it means to be human and is defined by being human.

I think we all possess inherent universal knowledge, as parts of the universe that we are each a part of. Because we are presently in temporal human corporal form, we think of our intelligence as being human in origin, since most of our world view and experiences are defined through that human vantage point.

I think in many ways what is happening is that a growing number of us, are no longer entirely content with just that human framing, of our universal intelligence, and inherent universal knowledge, that is suppressed in large part by the present system of governance that has been going on for thousands of years.

In my own humble opinion we are more or less forced to abandon our universal intelligence and knowledge to instead adopt rules of engagement imposed on us in this present state and place.

So I think that the evolution for some of us, is moving away from that contrived notion of our intelligence as simply human, and not universal, and embracing our inherent universal knowledge and intelligence that has always been there but suppressed.

So yes there is something bigger involved, but I believe when all is said and done, its going to simply be us realizing our own higher universal selves, and becoming more and more and progressively engaged with that.

Thanks for posting and the great questions.

[edit on 26/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Yes Jackflap, Caesar and in fact all Consuls actually would fight in the battles.

Many Consuls died in battle. Rome glorified battle, and bravery, and the highest honor you could achieve was laying down your life in battle for the State.

The spoils would generally be collected and then divied up according to rank, the bulk would go to the Consul, Generals, and other officers, and then from there, each man would get a fair share of what was left based on his rank.

In those days soldiers fought voluntarily and they did it as a business, and the business was the plunder, taking slaves, and taking property, and taking resources and enjoy a portion of what the army captured.

Most politicians in the Roman republic bought their votes through basically bribing the citizens, and Caesar was very generous as far as taking a large portion of what his share was, and sending it back to Rome, and literally having it thrown into the crowds on the street.

He was in an ideal position to do that, because he was constantly in rich territories and constantly acquiring wealth through plunder, that he had little need for himself, because his wife was rich, and you really don't have much use for money and gold, and jewels living in an armed encampment year after year with nothing but men.

Of course there was no way for his political rivals to match the generosity, without going broke, because they didn't have the endless stream of fresh wealth through theft and plunder like Caesar did.

Naturally because of this the citizens of Rome adored him, and the Senators and his co-consul were jealous and resentful, for they knew he had an unstoppable power base in the citizenry.

Caesar though was a genius in that he understood human nature. Roman politics was cut throat and all about exploiting human nature and vices, through being able to predict typical human behavior in who you wanted to bribe or intimidate.

Caesar was a true Master at this, in his early years as Sulla, and Gaius Marius, who was Caesar's uncle and political benafactor sparred for control of Rome, Caesar was at great risk from all the political intriques, Sulla would have had him killed, had he not fled to self exile in Greece.

He actually got kidnapped by Pirates on his way back, and held for Ransom, and actually told the Kidnappers they had asked way to little for him, and could have gotten ten times more!

When the ransom was paid he promised them he would hunt them down and kill them, which he did, in untypical merciful style, because they had treated him well in captivity.

He was a serious reader of everything he could get his hands on, and adept at cultivating the intelligence of others around him and tapping into it.

It wouldn't have been hard for someone of his vast intelligence, and capability to observe, study and solve problems to come up with a rationalized theory on how to conquer the world through the simple math of divide and conquer, realizing that constantly emerging technologies which Rome was good at creating, would make that easier and easier.

Octavian his nephew was every bit as brilliant.

This is there plan, painstakenly followed from one generation to the next.

Thanks for asking my friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

One night after putting down the Colt I heard an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting to my left as soon as I began to open the cover of a small green Gideons NT (that a woman from the Plains had given me a few days earlier) that said-my Name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK (not being raised "churched" or knowing any scripts) I stood to my feet and said yes Lord and later came across these-

Christ has indeed been raised from the dead

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

For the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy."

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike.

"The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving Spirit.

For where two or three come together in my Name, there am I with them."

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Conspiracy and Rome become two indistinguishable meanings occasionally..
It's how they decided they want to run the world. Of course Rome made it so they belonged to the winning side. as we know winners often get to write the history but Rome even went out of its way to also create it. Problem is, everything was sort of already there, so Rome had to do what Rome knows best. Conspire.
Should God be happy of what Rome has become? I am only a human. I can't pas such verdicts.
There is never a thing such as a complete history. We humans are flawed and so our interpretations BUT be sure to always check with the Source. Don't trust others telling you YOUR history because you are capable as any to look it up by yourself and understand itm, as you are capable of making history and making sense. It is your world as it is theirs.
You did not offend me. I am slowly starting to understand what is going on beyond my own little rock.

For the matter, we are being lied all the time but it's with people that couldn't stand the lies that we eventually end up learning about the truth, against all odds and all conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I think we are all learning and growing and learning to look a bit further and deeper my friend.

I try never to judge people, but simply actions and events. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

But in my humble opinion, our strengths are often exploited and manipulated for gain, by those who know how to do that through taking advantage of our weaknesses.

Knowledge is power, so the best way to make sure people have weaknesses to exploit is to limit their knowledge and that oten means obscuring or gaurding the source of the truth, and trying to hide it from people.

Consider when I say, that I rush to no judgement on anything, including those things I write about and post, without careful consideration of everything that I can possibly find first to consider my opinions, thoughts and perspectives with great and detailed care.

We all make history every day, in some way, shape or form, to someone.

I think it boils down to what extend each of us is dedicated to that propisition of understanding our actions and words do have an impact.

In my humble opinion we have been trained and duped into letting too few decide what is best for too many of us, and it shows in our history, which whether you go with a text book version, or one more creative and based on interpretation as mine, is way too full of tragedies, and calamities, that haven't served us particuarly well.

In my humble opinion, all too often, they are though then glorified and glamorized in ways that alter our moral fabric into accepting more bad, and expecting less good.

A good example of that is on the TV News, and how they place captions under political leaders as they are speaking to help us formulate our opinions of them...Hardline President of Iran, Strong Arm President of Venezuealla, Nobel Lauriete President of the U.S., even though he has more blood on his hands than the Hardline and Strong Arm President.

They blur and obscure and manipulate us right in our faces in the present even as we see it.

To think they would do less with the History that they write????

Great post my friend, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Spartan? Gideon 300! thought you might like this-

The LORD said to Gideon, "With the three hundred men that lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hands. Let all the other men go, each to his own place."-Judges7.7

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalGnostic

Thanks for such a sensible (and believable) expose on the Roman Conspiracy. As I read your post I found your history made a lot of sense, more sense than many other explanation.

I'd like to know where you place the Cathars (Albigensians), whose lands were coveted by the "Catholic" King of France. In order to seize that land the Cathars had to be declared heretics by His "Holiness" the Pope of Rome. Pope declared the Cathars heretics, and therefore their property was forfeited to the King. More money for the TPTB, IMO.

S&F

[edit on 4/26/2010 by RadicalGnostic]

I would place them on a long list of people robbed, killed, and terrorized for the profit of the Roman Papacy, and the Monarchs that they empowered, enriched, and controll.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Language is an interesting thing in mesopotamia. There are dyslexic type changes in letters such as b, p, and d. there are variants between one city-state and another and the most prevalent change of all is, many biblical names are titles not names. for example, nimrod's real name was not nimrod. that's just one of his many titles as the post flood world emperor. it means rebel. his real name was enmerkar. in egypt he was known as narmer. his burial name in assyria was asir, which in egypt was ausir (greek osiris).

so there's one of three possibilities with the gilgamesh story:

1. he was the king of sumer and not noah at all.
2. he was the king of sumer and that was one of his many titles
3. both the king and noah were saved for totally different reasons. the king was saved by enki and noah was saved by enlil.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join