It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
ok, its over (finally). ok yes, ill admit this thing had even me going for a little bit. but its finally over, if your noticing wierd skies or whatever, its just your imagination. the real gartrell has come forward, ab even spelled his name wrong (gartel i believe). read that article if your still nervous, buts its over. go get some sleep, no comets tonight!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Maybe AB is Prof Gartrell.....

He just wants to have the most famous blueberries on the planet......ha ha ha

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Im sorry but Im still finding coincidences to this story, can someone comment on this please? _javascript:icon('
')

Giant blast believed to be meteor
11 June 2004
By BERNARD CARPINTER

A meteor entering Earth's atmosphere is the most likely explanation for a huge bang and flash of light that woke people all over Wairoa.

People reported what sounded like an explosion at 3.40am yesterday from Kotemaori, south of Wairoa, to Mahia Peninsula in the north and Lake Waikaremoana inland. ......

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the link is not working anymore?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
web page again :

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
More on the same story:. (Why isn't this information on CNN or any other news site?)
++++++++++++++++++++++

TOP STORY: Mysterious blast rocks Wairoa

10.06.2004 - Hawkes Bay Today

MARTY SHARPE

A massive mysterious explosion in Wairoa this morning shook windows and woke people in Mahia, Kotemaori, Ruakituri, Lake Waikaremoana and Wairoa.

Wairoa senior sergeant Chris Flood said the explosion occurred about 3.40am.

Police called several people around the district. "They report hearing a loud explosion and seeing the whole sky light up. Everyone heard it," Mr Flood said. He thought it might have been a meteor. ....

mytown.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You all seem to be missing the bigger picture

Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Aerosmith have all refused big money for ventures occuring within the next two months, its obviously so they can be blasted up to the object/make the soundtrack in order to save the world.

Anyway, best go now, the sky seems to be getting darker all of a sudden.

------------------------------------------

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never never land

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
LOL... i dont get it... but seriously, you people dont know when to quit. this is yesterdays news! can we please get an admin in here to lock his thread, its over people!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Can you tell what it is yet ?

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Lousy PC sent the thing twice !!!

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Did anyone hear something from this Aussie Bloke person again? Im extremely interested in how he came up with this hoax. But ofcourse we will probalby never know how he was. I really envied him. How is it possible that just one person can get the whole world crazy with a story.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcoreyn

Originally posted by Satariel
Eh no the info I posted was saying that the info about "the information about a giant cloud with comets headed toward the earth " being a hoax was a hoax.

YEP...the hoax, was a hoax, that was a hoax.....

A hoax is a hoax of course of course, and no-one would fall for a hoax of course
Unless that hoax happens to be the famous Aussie Bloke thread!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I having be following this AB thingy for about 2 weeks now, I have not seen the sky turn hazy, but I have heard of increased meteor sightings, or at least more "booms". Hmmmmm I wonder if it might be true..and the hoax of the hoax of the hoax might be a cover-up?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I've been following this Aussie Bloke saga since it popped up on the IMDb boards a couple of weeks ago. One of the sites (along with this one - great resource) I've taken to following as a result is godlikeproductions: it's hilarious. Some of the posters do keep up with the news, so it's not totally devoid of practical use, but it's mostly just good for a larf.

Someone going by the name of ABSOLOM started posting there a couple of days ago, sounding very like Aussie Bloke in tone and offering some pretty keen insights which could at least explain how such a hoax could be prepared and how it was so effective. Whether it's him or not is actually irrelevent, and I haven't caught up with his/her (sounds like a bloke) most recent posts. But it's worth checking out if you've been caught up in this story, whatever you happen to believe.

www.godlikeproductions.com.../12/04

I don't believe either way, though of course you have to lean towards scepticism, but I was never totally satisfied with some of the points made by some of the debunkers. Aussie Bloke's posts were inconsistent, some sounding more coherent and credible than others. For example, who's to know whether the actual Aussie Bloke was the one who claimed to be Grant Gartrell. There's absolutely no proof that every single poster using the handle 'Aussie Bloke' was the original doomsayer. Frankly, I was unconvinced by the post in which AB claimed to be "Dr Gartrel". The person who posted that was obviously trying to pull our collective leg. Then there are the references to the War of the Worlds radio broadcast. First, there is a Canberra Tracking Station 43 - or at least something that could be referred to as such. Secondly, going back to my previous point, there's no proof that the reference to Grover's Mill was made by the original AB.

I have to sit on the fence regarding the hard science.

Ultimately, it was the incredibility of the claims, the fact that they were made where they were and with so little to back them up with any certainty that slanted my opinion towards dismissal. 'Aussie Bloke' was certainly very persuasive, but dreams can be persuasive too. I've often woken from dreams and spent half the morning wandering around convinced of their reality - including apocalyptic dreams. But that's unreailty. Aussie Bloke's claims were emotive and terrifying, rather than realistic. They seemed calculated towards that end. If such events were an imminent reality, I'm pretty sure the dissemination of that knowledge would happen very differently - it might end up as rumour on an internet message board like godlikeproductions, but it wouldn't arrive as first-hand knowledge from a supposedly respected scientist.

But then, anything's possible.

Some people are more convincing than others. Politicians manage to convince vast numbers of people that what in reality is total bollocks just happens to be the truth. Charisma seems to me often more persuasive than the truth.

[edit on 12/6/04 by Grimnebulin]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, after all the nearly three hours of reading I've done on this subject since I learned of it, here's my two cents worth: proven that it's a hoax, no one has done. Proven that it's real, no one has done.

What I can tell you is that when I read much of what AB wrote, I felt sick and something inside me told it just might be true. I have had recurring dreams for many years that I would die by a massive tidal wave. I had a dream not too long ago of a giant fireball coming out of the sky. I was in a restaurant at the time. Not that that's important to you, but it's something for me to remember. I oftentimes look up to the sky and wonder if today will be the day that something comes down and destroys us. So of course, I am inclined to believe something like this.

Well who knows? But I guess we will see, as those doomsday dates are quickly approaching.

One more thing, I'm sure many here are familiar with small synchronous events or asking a specific question and opening a book to point to a word or sentence for an answer. I had my radio on mute for some time while I was reading about all this and a random selection of Gordon Lightfoot was playing all along. Well I finally had the urge to take it off mute and hear what message I might get:

"You've got a lot more living to do
and a lot more loving too"

I took that to mean not that it won't happen, but that I just might survive it.

Anyway, MTCW. I will be burning the midnight oil to get to the bottom of this!!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I thought this article was interesting.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VORTEXAS Proven that it's a hoax, no one has done.
Oh, so the fact that someone used the name of a retired Australian astronomer, and that actual person denied any involvement and is seeking legal action, is not enough to convince you the story is all a hoax? Really now... you're just in denial and would prefer to believe in terrible end-of-the-world stories than the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have not read through all 19 pages of this discussion so forgive me if this has been proven.

Do we have proof beyond doubt that the actual person who denied any involvement is really who he says he is? This is the internet.

Like I said I'm sorry if this is proven but I did not follow this so-called hoax too much as I did not believe it.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am new here, I'm Aussie and I have a friend who speaks and writes as the "Aussie Bloke" does (most older Aussie blokes 'do' talk like him) younger people tend to adopt a more American speak-eze.

This friend of mine has written a book called "Something is Wrong with the Sun" about a scenario he claims is likely to happen in 2011, a time when the Sun will be very active during it's 11 year maxima (a mega cycle), and also in a period of a triple eclipse. He gives graphs and time frames to decide if his theory is correct or not. I believe wholeheartedly that he is absolutely correct and I see this story from AB as a way of negating his very plausible theory and also adding the 'boy who cried wolf' aspect to it.

Kev tells people to watch the "weather", not the skies, to decide for themselves if he is correct or not, and I have been doing just that for aprox. 5 years, and to date he has been spot on, and if you watch the weather you will also see the violent and unsual weather accumulating, also the ridiculous reasons given by so-called experts, then changed as the conditions change.

What I'm saying is I agree there is nothing we can do to stop a catastrophe such as this, but there is something you can all do for yourselves, and that is to take your life into your own hands and look inside yourselves concerning 'awareness', find the time to sum up your lives and your spitituality, there is a growing awareness (or awakening) worldwide, and people are discovering how they have been 'fooled' not by the likes of AB, but by their governments, and the Elite, and not seeing a pretty picture of what we have become.

Do some extra study on the Sun cycles, the weather, and the ancient past and see that history really does repeat itself. There have been many civilizations mysteriously disappear over the millennia, are you prepared to say it's not possible it could be us next??

The Sun is the only SOURCE of weather change, granted ocean currents etc influence the weather but the source is still from the sun, the sun also reacts to the passage of celestial bodies.

Think about it!!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You Do we have proof beyond doubt that the actual person who denied any involvement is really who he says he is? This is the internet.
Several news stories about the hoax and the person's non-involvement. E-mails to our members. E-mails to me. The person named as "Aussie Bloke" is a blueberry farmer in Australia and is very angry that his name became involved. Before you make a blanket statement that furthers something we are calling a HOAX, you should do dilligent and read up on the material. Such behavior is how disinformation spreads, and how hoax stories rely on confusion to disseminate.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join