It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Australia and New Zealand - now it's Ireland and England in the wrong locations!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vita eternus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e216432390a.jpg[/atsimg]

Id love if Ireland was there, then the UK could take all our rainclouds.. Not to mention the proximity to the Scandinavian's, Holland etc..

Now im annoyed at the crappy location we got

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

you're right, how unthoughtful of me to forget the NZ/Australia Thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The funniest thing about this thread is the fact that so many people actually believe the OP.. who is clearly taking the piss

There's just waaay too many people around who take themselves waaay too seriously

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You might just be a part of some government experiment to study perception in our world. In my high school I use to go to there were people hiding in these rooms with windows which allowed them to study student behavior. Humans are studied every day just like other animals.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Most Americans are so horrible at geography, they can't point to Canada on a map. It doesn't surprise me in the least they can't tell where New Zealand or Ireland are.

It's embarrassing really.

I have to concur, I'm not saying all Americans, but you have to admit that the basic overview of the world in the eyes of an American is wrong.

Last time I checked people were pointing twords Australia claiming it to be France, and these were regular people on the street. I mean you just don't get that kinda entertainment where i come from.

With all respect to Americans but please start doing something about it! If school isn't learning your children intelligence then try to learn them yourself as much as possible because the road to a good and stable society starts with intelligence.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hmm My initial reaction to the sheer stupidity of this thread would have resulted in my post being immediately removed and probably incurring a serious warning!

As with the ridiculous Australia/New Zealand thread, it's simply uneducated and ignorant garbage.

Back on topic and in direct response to the OP, landmasses cannot simpy 'float' round the globe to relocate where they wish. Now, when you next go to your geography lesson at school, try paying attention to the teacher!

Edit for removal of rant!

[edit on 26/2/10 by logicalview]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You are totally correct.
I live in Liverpool England and when we were kids, we used to get the coach up to Hull and jump on the ferry over to Ireland.
It was great chasing Leprechauns and kissing the Blarney stone.
The last time we got off the ferry, we fell in the water!
It was gone....disappeared overnight.
The last i heard of Ireland was that it was heading for the Mediterranian !

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I only remember hearing about England, Ireland and Scotland when I was young. Wales only appeared for me in the early 90's. But I attribute this to crappy schooling and thats no fault of my own other than where i grew up

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
The last i heard of Ireland was that it was heading for the Mediterranian !

Yea, there was a big draft.. All the big fella's from the east of the country had to get oars and head for Dublin and all the big fella's from the west of the country had to get oars and head for Galway..

Then they started rowing.. now sure where exactly we are now because my phone's gone dead but its pretty cold so that picture in the OP must be correct.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

I thought New Zealand was part of Australia.

Just kidding. As a kiwi I know that is not true - but how many Americans
know that.

All Canadians know, because all Canadians now live here.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It just worries me that you haven't looked at an atlas or map for thirty years!

These threads have got to stop, how long before we have 'Africa is no longer under the Polar ice caps'?

'I remember at school seeing penguins and polar bears side by side with the Zulu tribe.............................'

And yes I know penguins and polar bears live at opposite ends of the earth, before I get pulled on that.

I imagine you got a pretty bad mark in that project for completely misplacing Ireland!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Are you sure you're not thinking of the northern Scottish Isles? Orkney and the like? - that's where the Vikings went and laid a culture of sorts - the Scots up there even resent being a part of Scotland to a degree and most want to be a part of Scandavia..........look up Up-Helly-A

Scottish Island celebrates Scandanavian roots every year.....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vita eternus

Hey there OP, it would seem that you are to geography what I am to mathematics (and that's not a good thing trust me)

Woody

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You guys all need to look at maps and go on Google Earth far more often. It also couldn't hurt to pick up the game RISK though that uses names for regions instead of countries so it might just leave you more confused.

Ireland is right where it is supposed to be. Though maybe some mischievous fairies moved it while you weren't looking, with the help of a Leprechaun

Miss South Carolina was right!

“I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are unable to do so, because uh, some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps. and uh… I believe that our education like such as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our education over here, in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.”

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You're an idiot.

Why not look up Skellig Michael.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by grantbeed
Can this get moved into the hoax Forum?

My opinion is that you shouldn't discriminate in this case ... BOTH this thread and the ridiculous Oz / NZ thread should be consigned to the hoax forum ... and the Oz/NZ thread should have gone after just the 1st few pages !

Why so upset? Did this subject hit you on a sore spot? You know, I'm a little bit surprised at people's reactions as some are almost ready to start a war while others (including me) have become very happy and thankful to hear these kinds of observations. What is going on?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Paranormal studies forum? Why?

This would account for a sudden increase in cost for a ferry ticket from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire. The additional fuel needed to either travel south around Cornwall, through the channel and up into the North sea, or to go up and over Scotland is soooo expensive.

Of course Dun Laoghaire to Bremerhaven is now cheap as chips.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thread's like these are why people on ATS or people who go onto any conspiracy site really get mocked and called crazy.

Someone put this in the hoax forum pleeaasseee!!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If Ireland had been rowed around to there,It'd be great for me as an Englishman residing in Germany...I could hop on a ferry,nip over to Dublin on a Friday afternoon,drink a gallon of Guinness in the nighttime and be back on a Saturday lunchtime.

I should write to the E.U.and suggest it.

Of course,as a benefit to the Irish folk,they'll have loads of jobs working in the new oil rigs in their back gardens.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh how different the World would be if this thread where real lol, imagine the difference, Irish oil instead of North sea oil, that would put a different perspective on the whole layout huh?

On the other hand, if the map was read upside down, then wouldn't Americans be calling each other comrad?

This has to be a piss taking thread, really, well I hope it is anyhow, otherwise we are all in deep doo doo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join