It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supporters of 911-Official Story: Explain your method of rationalizing those things that are ignored

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

OK, but how do you explain Harley Guy?

You are entitled to your opinion, even though I think you are being brainwashed by the media. My opinion is no better than yours in reality I guess though.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Look, it doesn't take a lot of technical knowledge to see the OS for the BS it is. I know it is. I've actually been in those buildings. I'm a new yorker. had a job, after high school, as a messenger in lower manhattan. there is no airplane ever built that could knock them down, period. jet fuel doesn't melt steel, and, even if it did, there would still be resistance. these buildings fell at freefall speed, including 7WTC, which was hit by NOTHING. also, the eastern corridor of the united states is the most heavily defended airspace in the history of the world, but, I'm supposed to believe that these planes got to wander around without being intercepted. there was about an hour's time between the strike in manhattan, and the strike at the pentagon. It's just not possible. yet some of you continue, to defend the indefensible. Look, I won't insult you. you have a right to believe what you want. but, at this point, believing the OS of 9/11 is like believing in the tooth fairy.

I'm sorry, but, they really did this. It doesn't matter if it was MIHOP or LIHOP. they did this. The only question that matters is, what are we, the people, gonna do about it?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

I agree with you one hundred percent and you have a good question, what are we going to do about it?
If we let them get away with this, it lets them know they can do it again.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

I agree with you one hundred percent and you have a good question, what are we going to do about it?
If we let them get away with this, it lets them know they can do it again.

I think in a way, we got 9/11 because of the JFK assassination. I think it's essentially the same power that did both. they saw they could get away with whacking a president, so they got bold. These people need a massive, massive smackdown.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Again, I will agree with you on that, considering how they lied in the warren commission , just like they did in the 911-commission report.

I agree there is a massive cover-up in both events.
Perhaps, the same handful of government plotters of 911 are not the same people that were involved in the Kennedys assassination, but I have to seriously believe they all belong to the same organization that have the strongest ties with our CIA.
Whoever all these people are they have hijacked our congress and the President’s Administrations. It is these people who have influents our congress into avoiding doing a real investigation in 911.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by impressme]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Do not reply to this announcement

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS##

There will be no more name calling, insults or off topic posts, discuses the topic and not one another.

Keep in mind the 911 forum is zero tolerance. any more off topic posts or insults will be rewarded with 1000 point deductions and 3 day or indefinite post bans.

Sauron

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks to GreenBicMan and impressme for your replies. I can't explain the anomalies. Some of them bother me too. My knowledge base is just not enough to advocate for the OS. So, I don't. I am just saying that I can basically buy into the big ticket items of the OS. I think the rest is just the usual politicians/beurocratic covering of butts and fear that they will look incompetent.

If I had to cite a specific reason for believing the OS, it is probably this: I watched two planes slam into the twin towers on 9/11. I believed that Muslin extremists were involved and UBL was too. Basically, from those two beliefs, the 9/11 OS is pretty easy to believe. I believed this for many years. Only recently have I been exposed to other explanations. And yes, it is uncomfortable to think about.

I believe some of the MSM stuff, some I don't. But it is a huge leap for me to go from believing that the federal government is cooking environmental and economic data to believing that it planned, orchestrated, and carried out 9/11. I freely admit that is darn uncomfortable to think about. But, I am still reading and learning.

Well, there you have it. I am just trying to respond truthfully to the OP's questions. Like I say, I am not advocating that it is right and others are wrong. This is just how I piece it together in my mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It is ok, as time goes on and you continue to read more evidences and sciences that does prove the OS is untrue.
Years ago, when I started researching 911, I did it with an open mind, not taken any sides.
However, as more information stated to surface and more sciences came about I knew that 911 had to be an in side job. Was I angry, you had better believe it, I still am.
I have lost my trust in our government because of this tragic event. Researching the events of 911 will open thousands of doors down the rabbit hole, the more you dig the uglier it gets.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by impressme]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The facts as I understand them would lead me to believe this is more of insurance fraud by Mr. Silverstein than part of the original attack. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were no causalities in WTC 7, it came down several hours after the attacks, and was not actually hit. Seems to me at least in the case of WTC 7 it looks more like greed than a plot by the U.S. government. I found an interesting look at this take on the following link:

911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I remember originally believing the OS...afterall why should i doubt what i am told....right??

Initially, i found a link to this...

www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm

The site confused me as it surely couldnt be true....but the evidence as presented appeared convincing..a plane could not possibly have caused the damage, because there was no plane found!!

Impressed but not convinced I began to trawl through links from one site to another till I eventually landed up here...

I understand we are all different, and everybody is welcome to his own opinions, but if someone says they have done their homework yet still thinks the OS to be true, I begin to wonder if indeed they did research as suggested....so clear is the BS.

Lastly...I am not wearing a tin foil hat....contrary to the now cliched argument made by the believers of the US Govt....I find it sad that the OS chaps have to constantly put down their "opposition" sotospeak with their jibes and sometimes downright nastiness...some need to lift their game....as well as stop pretending to be pilots or firefighters....or have friends in the WTC who died, and then using this to emotionally argue their points.....tut tut.....sad!!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I think the shock of really finding out that a handful of people in our government, in the Bush adminastration was behind 911 was the worst thing I have ever dealt with in my life.
My world came crashing down; everything I had trusted in our government came to a screeching halt. Yes, my life has been changed forever, I now realized the United States has a bigger threat and it is not “foreign terrorists,” but a corrupt cartel of Neocons with unlimited money and powers to do as they please to the American people and to foreign countries, because they can.

Talk about evil, just look at what Bush and Cheney did to our country in eight years and when they slithered out of offices with the lowest ratings ever in the history of any Presidency, they left this great country broken economically, and left the United States on the Top of the list as the most aggressive ans most dangerous country in the world.

So much for representing democracy and freedom, when George Bush trampled on the Geneva Convention, he became a terrorist himself, dragging our great country alone with him. I would like nothing better than to see that man arrested and tried in a public court.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

What do you mean by "our government"? There are forces above and beyond what Cheney, Bush, Clinton and Obama can control. Those people were never elected and don't turn chairs after 4 or 8 years.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

What do you mean by "our government"? There are forces above and beyond what Cheney, Bush, Clinton and Obama can control. Those people were never elected and don't turn chairs after 4 or 8 years.

I wouldn’t doubt that for a minute. Could we be talking about the same people, perhaps the eight board of directives of the Federal Reserve tied with the world banking cartels?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

You're getting closer

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider2009

The facts as I understand them would lead me to believe this is more of insurance fraud by Mr. Silverstein than part of the original attack. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were no causalities in WTC 7, it came down several hours after the attacks, and was not actually hit. Seems to me at least in the case of WTC 7 it looks more like greed than a plot by the U.S. government. I found an interesting look at this take on the following link:

Thetre were no casulties in WTC 7 for simple reason it was evacuated by 9:30AM

I know several people who worked there for Salomon Brokers - after
the planes slammed into WTC 1 and 2 the building was evacuated

As for "Not getting hit" - what do call having WTC 1 falling on it?

South side of WTC 7 was slashed open and fires started on multiple floors

Excerpt: Summary of World Trade Center Building 7 Emergency Response.

• The building had sustained damage from debris falling into the building, and they were not sure about the structural stability of the building.

• The building had large fires burning on at least six floors [fires were visible on at least 16 floors]. Any one of these six fires would have been considered a large incident during normal FDNY operations.

• There was no water immediately available for fighting the fires.

• They didn’t have equipment, hose, standpipe kits, tools, and enough handie talkies for conducting operations inside the building.

At approximately, 2:30 p.m., FDNY officers decided to completely abandon WTC 7, and the final order was given to evacuate the site around the building. The order terminated the ongoing rescue operations at WTC 6 and on the rubble pile of WTC 1. Firefighters and other emergency responders were withdrawn from the WTC 7 area, and the building continued to burn. At approximately 5:20 p.m., some three hours after WTC 7 was abandoned the building experienced a catastrophic failure and collapsed.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

At approximately, 2:30 p.m., FDNY officers decided to completely abandon WTC 7, and the final order was given to evacuate the site around the building.

See , by your own link, this bothers me.

Larry said to PULL IT , and all the OS say he "meant " the firemen.

But they were already out for 3 hours ....

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by thedman

At approximately, 2:30 p.m., FDNY officers decided to completely abandon WTC 7, and the final order was given to evacuate the site around the building.

See , by your own link, this bothers me.

Larry said to PULL IT , and all the OS say he "meant " the firemen.

But they were already out for 3 hours ....

crickets..................

Well said Sean48. Ya know that gov't could shut all of us non-conformists up by flying a plane into a building scheduled for demo to prove that it will naturally turn to dust, but that will never happen.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Consider II Thessalonians 2:7-12 (NIV because I can't stand KJ)...

For the secret power of lawlessness [ANTICHRIST] is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

That's as good a reason for why people believe the ridiculous, obviously-false OS as I've ever seen. They might not all delight in wickedness, but they refuse to love the truth, and thus they'll stay ignorant until (a) the end, or (b) their entire inner nature changes completely through some radical conversion.

Debunkers of the Official Story are trying to save the rest of you from your own nature, your unwillingness to just open your eyes and look for a change. Just forget everything you know about 9/11, re-examine all the real evidence and motivations of the key players (who both pulled it off AND convinced you with enough lies that it was someone else), and the truth will become obvious to you just through common sense alone. If you do not do this, then you do not want to know the truth. You blindly believe everything that politicians tell you just because they're in power. And you're doomed.

You are perishing at the hands of the evil forces running this planet (no matter what your religious beliefs, you have to admit that the guys on top aren't exactly nice guys), and it really grinds our gears to see it happening... even those of us who believe God will be taking care of the situation when he sees fit to do so. The more of you we SAVE, the better, but the other side is just as frantically trying to DECEIVE you all, to prevent as many conversions as possible.

And now you know why there are ten bazillion 9/11 threads on ATS. If we didn't CARE about the world, we'd just stop talking about what a crock the OS is. If you didn't want to change OUR minds about the OS, you wouldn't talk about it either. Only one explanation is the true one. Please... find it the same way we did: by not letting the mainstream media tell us what to think. By doing our own research. By keeping an open mind. Don't just haphazardly believe what we're telling you, or what they're telling you. Believe what your eyes show you. Believe in physics. Seek the truth. You won't believe how free it'll set you.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
Consider II Thessalonians 2:7-12 (NIV because I can't stand KJ)...

For the secret power of lawlessness [ANTICHRIST] is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

That's as good a reason for why people believe the ridiculous, obviously-false OS as I've ever seen. They might not all delight in wickedness, but they refuse to love the truth, and thus they'll stay ignorant until (a) the end, or (b) their entire inner nature changes completely through some radical conversion.

Debunkers of the Official Story are trying to save the rest of you from your own nature, your unwillingness to just open your eyes and look for a change. Just forget everything you know about 9/11, re-examine all the real evidence and motivations of the key players (who both pulled it off AND convinced you with enough lies that it was someone else), and the truth will become obvious to you just through common sense alone. If you do not do this, then you do not want to know the truth. You blindly believe everything that politicians tell you just because they're in power. And you're doomed.

You are perishing at the hands of the evil forces running this planet (no matter what your religious beliefs, you have to admit that the guys on top aren't exactly nice guys), and it really grinds our gears to see it happening... even those of us who believe God will be taking care of the situation when he sees fit to do so. The more of you we SAVE, the better, but the other side is just as frantically trying to DECEIVE you all, to prevent as many conversions as possible.

And now you know why there are ten bazillion 9/11 threads on ATS. If we didn't CARE about the world, we'd just stop talking about what a crock the OS is. If you didn't want to change OUR minds about the OS, you wouldn't talk about it either. Only one explanation is the true one. Please... find it the same way we did: by not letting the mainstream media tell us what to think. By doing our own research. By keeping an open mind. Don't just haphazardly believe what we're telling you, or what they're telling you. Believe what your eyes show you. Believe in physics. Seek the truth. You won't believe how free it'll set you.

I feel perfectly free as it is thanks very much. Trutherism is a mish-mash of 101 different theories lacking any factual basis .

Please don't try and disguise your pschological need for a conspiracy with saving me.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Whatever Alf, you run as fast as you can from every 9/11 thread as soon as "truthers" start making you unconfortable and asking you questions you know the answer to. By the way if I'm a "truther" does that mak you a "liar"? What a joker!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join