It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot #24 Largest Sunspot Maximum For 400 Years!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That information is old and current sunspot predictions have since become unstable.

The recent spots that developed in early July that caused much commotion have since dissapeared with out much disturbance.

More scientists now are predicting that we are entering a "Solar Minimum" with cooling of the planet on it's way.

But arguments go back and fourth so.....

Plucky! lets panic together

[edit on 9/4/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLUE ARMS

It's a shame so few predict the true outcome,

Sunspot Cycle #24

2 Million American Hams alone,

Can't be wrong?

Wow
is that a serious arguement?

Well I guess I better go and buy my wife and daughters a burka.

2 billion Muslims can't be wrong - eh?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is FACT

Sunspot Cycle #24 due to reach a maximum in 2012, perhaps 21st December 2012 (Remembering the Sunspot cycle is based around the Winter Solstice)

VERY clever people (way beyond my intelligence) have been silenced, regarding the #24 Sunspot cycle,

WHY???

Well,

#24 before funding was un-explainably removed and the "project" cancelled.

WTF????????

The Scientists knew that #24 is going to be "special"

VERY SPECIAL

Why????

Do your research,

I am surprised at ATS members, rebuttle of this thread,

Check;

ARRL
RSGB
421 NEWS

Infact,

Check every

RADIO

Based resource regarding the peak in 2012.

BEFORE you critise me

[edit on 4-9-2009 by BLUE ARMS]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BLUE ARMS

You screaming FACT like a child who doesn't get his way does not make you correct. This is silly now. I, like Chad Wickus before me, am now out of here. This has become a waste of my time.

Have fun sport.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Maybe I was being too subtle, I thought someone with such intellect as you claim to have would have understood.

Let me be more straight with you then.

Like The Life of Brian, you and your thread is one big joke.

There is a saying in forums which fits here.

Don't feed the trolls.

Is that a big ten four?

Yes "Rubber Duck"

I read you 10-4

2012 is going to change your way of life irreversably

Like it or not.

Communication is the Key to survival,

As "GhostBusters" say..

Who you Gonna call?? (No phones, internet, power etc)

NO-ONE.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Bottom lining here people,

The facts are clear (like them or not)

2012 is the #24 SunSpot Cycle Maximum,

Possibly around 21st December 2012..

THIS IS A FACT.....!!!!!!!!

DE-BUNK ALL YOU-LIKE..

IT'S F A C T.

Radio Hams have been VERY aware of this FACT for YEARS.!

(the people who invented Radio)

#24 is GOING to be M A S S I V E ....

H U G E

in terms of Radiation expelled from the Sun towards Earth..

FACT.

READ AND LEARN.

ARRL
RSGB

ETC.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
2012 is going to change life on Earth.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

""Like The Life of Brian, you and your thread is one big joke.""

Child-like rhetoric

Grow the F***-up

Kid.

Ummmm

Your posts seem to be the worst written on this thread so far. Even though you have been debunked by various members, you continue to carry on in this manner. Just a heads up to let you know that if you dont calm down, the mods will probably remove your posts...or worse

Also, one line posts are against ATS rules

[edit on 4/9/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Another fitting quote for you:
"He's not the messiah! He's just a very naughty boy!"

See you in 2013

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Phage told you in one of his early posts that it is Solar Cycle 24.
It is not Sunspot #24 as you put the thread title.

" 2012 is the #24 SunSpot Cycle Maximum,
Possibly around 21st December 2012..
THIS IS A FACT.....!!!!!!!! "
I've never heard of a possible fact before, but there you go, you learn something new every solar day.
The Sun is just as moody and unpredictable as a lot of us, and sometimes just does not want to come out and play.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Folks, I'm a ham operator and I can tell you the worldwide bands have been pretty quiet lately because we are in one of the longest solar minimums since the Maunder Minimum brought the Little Ice Age at the end of the mid evil warming period.

The local 2 meter nets which use line of sight are about all that's operating outside of echolink and all the talk on there is that it looks to be a long time before we reach #24's maximum...that's if we ever start #24. The last faint spot in July was actually characterized as a cycle 23 spot meaning that NASA had to lick that calf yet one more time.

I think there is a lot of dis info going around out there because there are a few agencies that would have us believe everything is right on track and we're building to 24's maximum. Not today, folks. I check everyday because I'm dying to for Dx on 10 meters but its still all quiet on the solar front.

I wouldn't be as much worried about the maximum (because we've been hit with the largest class solar flares before) as this extended minimum. If you look back at the Maunder, you'll also see terms such as "year without a summer", "French Revolution", and "potato famine".

No doubt about it, if someone tells you a trace atmospheric gas has more affect on climate than the sun, they have officially drank the cool-aid.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You do realize you are on a board where many of us are not children and are well educated? We are also able to easily find good sources of facts and know how to glean them from childish nonsense?

Perhaps you could share this with your Ham friends? It is the latest from the most knowledgeable people on earth on this topic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4a084755897.jpg[/atsimg]

The peak will likely hit in early 2013 perhaps around March of that year.

We all are wrong at times and the correct way to deal with it is to say "I might have been wrong and I apologize". In that way you don't continue to dig a deep pit you need a ladder to escape from and you gain respect.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kc0jfy
I am a Ham Radio Operator and I am also looking forward to great HF propagation durring the peak of the cycle although, there also could be some adverse effects to the power grid, sattelites and computer networks.

All we can do is wait and see.

Indeed,

This is the most interesting period of time, since our Hobby was invented (Radio).

HF propagation is going to be unimaginable, speaking from an HF perspective.

The most fasinating fact is this,

The Sunspot maximum ""May"" cause Black/Gray-outs, globaly,

Meaning??

No AC power..at all.

NONE.

NO Internet, No Telephones, No communications.

Except,

Ironically,

12V DC+ based HF radio..!!!

(History repeates - Communication will be no different)

DC based HF communication (FM/AM/CW/SSB) is the future comms method when ATS is long forgotten (sadly)

Not long to go,

3 years.

Right I'm going to take the bait.

I am no Ham but really do you know what you are talking about even..

6 pages and the only thing I see propagating here is HF BS.

If you want to talk ham surly there are better places to go..

You could at least take an interest and help educate us that don't know the hi tech end of what you speak of.

I don't know much about ham but I had a friend who's dad was big into ham and done radio in the army.. I used to sit watch him using his computer to surf internet with his radio so how you translate that into in 2012 the internet is dead and ATS is gone is beyond me. To me it sounds more like a lot of the sensationalist doomsday BS that floats around here year in year out. It comes it goes. I think in 2012 we are going to have a BS maximum and after that it will calm down again for another 11 years.I think you should do a little research yourself into your' own subject.

peace

daz__

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, from the last data plotted on the chart you presented, it appears that we haven't yet began the upswing in the curve. Terms like "perhaps" and "predicted" are pretty subjective sometimes as is the rather steep curve on that graph. Is there any reason to believe that such a fast crescendo will occur just to meet a date someone else has predicted? From the looks of the data, I'd say we'll be 2014 before we hit the solar maximum, maybe longer.

By the way, these so called smartest people in the world have had to recant their announcement that cycle #24 has began 4 times since their first error in January of 2007. They then said, May of 2007, then October of 2007, then January of 2008, then July 2008, then October 2008 and again January 2009. This latest little fly in the ointment must be a bugger. Now what will the beginning of #24?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e731a61da5c5.jpeg[/atsimg]

But if you do!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/343fe01f0568.jpg[/atsimg]

Just in case you need it!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's a good one! I actually don't need it unless I get audited. That's about all that hits my panic button.

As I said, I don't buy into the 2012 sunspot disaster. I think we'll not see the maximum for at least two years later. Besides, we have already been hit with x-class flares and not really much other than losing Dish Network intermittently happened.

We actually benefit from spots and flares. They help us deflect cosmic rays which are currently evaporating sea water and causing a huge build-up of low level clouds which reflects sunlight back into space. Thus, the cool summer was nice but if it continues long, we'll see planting zones shifting south. That's the real panic maker, if it happens. Big "if". Its only happened like twice in since Galileo's time when we began counting sunspots.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join