It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'd also be very willing to bet that Mega comes back and starts screaming about everyone "ganging up on him" too. Just for the record, we're not; we're pointing out you're BS story and tossing in our opinions.

Don't go trying to play anymore cards like you have previously done because you've basically been flushed out of this thread due to your lies and embellishments.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well, i have been passed over for service in favor of a white person at a public place and it bugs me out because i can't tell if they are hatin cause of skin color or it's just me, it's hard to call. This was recent and it threw me into weird space, i just left that and took my business elsewhere. This kind of crap still goes on and like i said ealier, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it don't happen.

And your right, it's just plain racism, just that those that think they know decide to name it different things for different people which is idiotic in my book. I'm not trying to point your post as ignorant, you either read it the wrong way or i could have posted with more clarity.

"Fancy myself their champion?" Wow, step back chief, i am "them"..black and proud of my heritage and i apperciate what those before me did. More importantly i know why those services where created.

I don't try to come across as anybodies champion but my own and i add my perspective, a black man in america, and i add to others, and to yours and i try my best to back up my own opinions with truth and just not conjecture and not with more personal opinions.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If there is such a thing as a hate crime, then this is clearly a hate crime.

Imagine for a moment that the races of the mob and victims were reversed.

"A mob of white teens attacks a black family while hurling racial epitaphs" That would have made international news.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

"A mob of white teens attacks a black family while hurling racial epitaphs" That would have made international news.

yeah, i feel like, as other previous posters had stated that hate crimes are really sticky one way but the other way they arent. regardless if it is considered a hate crime or not i hope the akron police get their act together and start catching some of them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wonder where Rev. Sharpton or Jesse Jackson Sr. are? If this would have
been a white supremacist group, they would have been first row for their race.
This goes to show that they only care about themselves and no one else.

I am by no means a racist but this just pushes it. If another attack occurs I wouldn't be surprised if the KKK starts rival gangs around.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

Why couldn't it have been just a group of teenagers that assaulted a family. I agree with the above posters that labeling the aggressors as a gang of black kids is only meant to stir up a racial outcry from the public and is just another means to get us at each others throats.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

www.ohio.com...

Because it wasn't just a group of teens that assaulted a family. It was a group of all black teens that assualted an all white family while shouting that this was their black world. If you can't see this for the racist crime that it was, then you are truely blind. Had it been a group of all white teens that assualted a black, hispanic, asain, etc, family you better believe that they would have been found and charged with a hate crime.

They were not labeled as a gang of black kids, they were a gang of black kids.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

There is no one alive today that was enslaved, nor is anyone alive today that enslaved people, so please stop beating a dead horse. It's that mentality, and the mentality of people that cling to an unjustice done to others (not themselves) that help to fuel the fires of racism. And BTW blacks were not the only people that were enslaved.

I certainly hope that you are not saying that what those teens did to that family is justified by the the injustices that were carried out well over a hundred years ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by 27jd

Well, i have been passed over for service in favor of a white person at a public place and it bugs me out because i can't tell if they are hatin cause of skin color or it's just me, it's hard to call. This was recent and it threw me into weird space, i just left that and took my business elsewhere.

I can tell that your an honest person,and not one to automaticly blaim it on racism..I commend you for thinking out of the norm..

I'll be up front and ask this of you for your prospective..

why is it that some blacks feel that they are owed something??

What is it in your opinion fuels black agression towards whites?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

"Fancy myself their champion?" Wow, step back chief, i am "them"..black and proud of my heritage and i apperciate what those before me did. More importantly i know why those services where created.

My bad, the thought crossed my mind, but this part of your post confused me....

The Bernie Mac show didn't last long, but they don't ask how many black folks watch those shows because we are the "target medium".

You must have meant to put 'aren't the "target medium"', but I was also clear in my post when I said the champion of "some" black people. I live in a big city, many races, and aside from some issues with illegals, we all get along here for the most part. I work with, and hang out with more black people than I can count and none of them project any hate towards me. Here, we all share the same struggles. And if it makes you feel any better, me and my family (white), have arrived at restaurants ahead of others, and been served after on a few occasions, one very recently. It kinda pissed me off, but I know it wasn't racial. I think that it if you try and find hate and bigotry in everything, your mind will find it. And it becomes a hate driven snowball, cycling effect that perpetuates anger and racism on all sides and it keeps hate groups on all sides in business.

edit: Meant to ask you, do you honestly believe the poster who made the claims so many have disputed? Do normal white people that you encounter on your daily grind really treat you that way?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by 27jd]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ayayay!

its 2009 people!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Well, its not that some black folks expect something, it's just that all they want is an equal chance, that's it. This "you owe me something" attitude is only carried by a small minority, cats in my hood are too busy really trying to get this money..without the aid of whitey.

You owe me nothing, but the government owes me an equal chance to succeed, that's what those programs that targets black folks are aimed at, trying to level the playing field that was always slanted.

My grandmother that is 70+ grew in the segregated south (the get in the back of the bus time, jesse jackson or al sharpton to fight for you) growing up on a farm hand picking cotton! Out of 13 siblings, she's the only one that decided not to go to college (after graduating a year earlier).

On my mothers side, minus my grandmother, everyone has at least a master's degree, so not like there is no under achievement, it's about exposure. Now, on my father side, it's typical hood rat mentality. They do what they do in the hood. No inclinations of bettering themselves by expanding their minds none of that.

It's all mentality my homie. The only ones acting like you owe them something are the ones that most closed minded, i've interacted with both. Black folks that act like a slave straight outta roots around white people and those that stay in the hood cuz they can't stand to be around white people.

It all depends on who you hang around and how they grew up. Because when you get down to it, we are all human and black people vary just as much as white folks.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Yes but you must see it this way, the playing grounds are all leveled now. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are both racists for not coming out on television
and condemning these attacks. If it were the other way around, BET, black communities, Hip-Hop and even white communities would be outraged.

If these attacks persist and both reverends don't try and stop it, then both reverends are racist.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yea, i messed that up, typing with that monster called a darn netbook..workability my ass i got tired of hitting the enter button. But i'm back in front of my desktop so it's all good.

I live in the south, north carolina actually. I have ran across a racist person or two but they are a small majority. In one of my math classes a white guy, redneck, told me he used to be in the clan! That was funny because he admitted that he doesn't have the time nor energy for that kind of hate.

But i have been hassled by the "man". Do i believe what he actually posted happened? Nope, but i can't simply dismiss it because i don't believe it, it is built around some truth. I strongly think he took some instances outta context.

What i think the underlying problem is culture personally. There are cultural differences between black and white folks and alot of people don't want to admit that or see it, they just one brand, American, and when i see that brand and don't see a reflection of myself i always question myself whose america is being portrayed?

ATS here is my conundrum broken down. I love star wars, who doesn't eh? I know it wasn't made during politically correct times, but i always chuckle that you have a movie representing billions of people, countless of star systems and the only brother you have is Billy D. Williams! That's what we black folks are clamoring about the equal representation of ALL people and just not the majority.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

But i have been hassled by the "man".

Me too. It doesn't just happen to black people. They hassle anybody who they think is going to contribute to their quotas. When I was a bit younger, I used to walk around my neighborhood with my friends, we all had long hair, dressed a little differently (at the time, lol), and we would get stopped and hassled ALL the time. My friend had a knife in plain sight on his belt, not concealed, and we were held at gunpoint by a trembling cop until backup arrived. We did nothing to be stopped at all, he just wanted to pig us. They ended up hauling my friend off to jail for some kind of warrant he had, but he had no reason to stop us to begin with.

ATS here is my conundrum broken down. I love star wars, who doesn't eh? I know it wasn't made during politically correct times, but i always chuckle that you have a movie representing billions of people, countless of star systems and the only brother you have is Billy D. Williams! That's what we black folks are clamoring about the equal representation of ALL people and just not the majority.

Don't forget about James Earl Jones, his voice itself is a HUGE part of Star Wars. Plus, I think Vader himself can pretty much be considered black in general (we're talking about the older three), he was the color black, 7 feet tall, bailed on his kids, and all his talents were exploited by a rich old white man (don't take offense to any of that, i'm just being humorous).

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Isn't it possible that maybe we are expecting too much from them? Think about it... They have never developed a society as advanced, or guns, or higher protocols of interacting in a civilized world. Yet we bring them into it and expect them to somehow act with the decorum of young gentleman.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When charles manson's race war comes who's going to laugh?

me me

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Let me start of by saying something of my background.
Born in Kentucky, 1963.
White mom, "non-white" dad.

Needless to say, I wasn't very popular with the whole world in '63.

Adopted. By 'whitey'

Service, college, carreer, marriage, kids, life.

The people that whine, bitch, complain are running on the same old civil rights treadmill that they have been running on for decades.
Now that white-guilt is in vogue more whites are getting on the bandwagon.

I have said (in this thread) that MLK stated that "A person should be judged by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin."

These punks that beat that family need to be locked up.
Their parents need to be locked up.
The caucasian folks that are whining for these kids need to be locked up.

Leave the rest of us alone to live our lives, enjoy our families and friends and shut the hell up!

-future rants pending. . .-

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Oh no how could i forget VADER! Lol, it is pretty much funny

2nd line, hehe.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

That is most racist and dumbest explanation i've seen on this thread and i've been reading just about all of them.

With that being said, I'm not even going to get into with you because it's obvious you already have your mind made up so debating this with you is pointless, i'd rather not school you on how wrong you are, just remain ignorant.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thomas W. Chittum wrote a book in 1995 "Civil War 2-The Coming Break Up Of America. He describes in great detail what we're seeing now. You can find the book in PDF form here:

www.timebomb2000.com...

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join