It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth being hit with charged particles - what do *you* see?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
here's some numerolgy on the matter i spy

When the sun is in the active phase of its 11-year cycle, it can unleash powerful magnetic storms that disable satellites, threaten astronaut safety, and even disrupt communication systems on Earth.
29-2009 11-11

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Our TV has been on for the kids today, and has 'gone off' three times in the last hour.

'No or bad signal' Which is quite unusual for our setup.
Usually, if a bird or two is perched on the aerial or there is a heavy rainstorm/winds we would get this, but it's sunny, still and having checked, no birds were on the aerial.

Can you tell me more about your setup please? Did the set turn itself off, or did you lose signal? How do you get your signal?

I'm assuming this is happening when you're on sun-facing side of the Earth, since the kids are up..

I got rid of traditional TV partly because of my child.

(A little off topic, but my modded xbox displays my TV/movies on the television so that I can make sure all that he can watch are BBC/Discovery ... And maybe Nitro Circus ..
I did grab the first season of Deadliest Catch that reminds me!)

[edit on 29-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

"I can tell by the pixels, and having seen a few magnetospheres in my time.."

I see what you did there.

In all honesty though, I'm pretty sure that magnetosphere looks like that every so often anyway. It would be nice if there was somebody who was trained in these matters who could help out.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hmm along the numerology/this is all normal stuff/11 years ago line of thought let's flash back:

06/98:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a5cd23d5d0a.jpg[/atsimg]

06/09:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93089ff54b62.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Thanks for the correction, and very very interesting idea. I am going to look for other internet magnetometers, see if I can find anything for New York specifically.

Interesting side note, a friend asked me to pull up images from when their child was born (during a stunning auroral display). There's a really interesting story behind this, but it's probably too personal for me to post on the internet. I'll post the images from around that time, however.. The charged particles seem to have completely glitched out the SOHO images..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ec81a5124a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0be33d5fef68.jpg[/atsimg]

The resultant auroras...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/385d7efcc2e2.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sure RussianScientists will show up to share his expertise in regards to the seismic activity (jump in small quakes from the looks of it) and how these energies and movements affect the Earth.

That energy has to go somewhere, right? Simple physics.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I read some where on ATS that there is a theory that our Magnetosphere is created by the currents in the ocean, if this is the case i just read and posted an article from earlier in the month stating that there is a +50% chance that an El Nino weather pattern could take affect end of this month.
El Nina and El Nino happen due to changes in temperature in the ocean, could this be what is causing this change in the Magnetosphere ??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Those pictures of auroras are beautiful.
The ones that I have seen are most like this pic.

But pictures don't do the Northern Lights any justice. To see them once is almost a life changing experience.
I can't even describe how wonderful they are.

[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81d225363dd3.jpg[/atsimg][/im]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
21-22 january 09 GMT

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
wycky, good point. I read that as well and I think it might fit in. My friend mentioned that it's something to do with the conductivity of saltwater vs. freshwater (saltwater conducts more electricity).

I'd really love to see the aurora. They seem like they'd be beautiful, I'm trying to forecast a good aurora so I can make a trip, it seems like I may be able to know a good 40-80 hours in advance with the help of some knowledgeable minds.

How often do you see the aurora around Sudbury, tribewilder? I think the different colors are due to the ionization of certain chemicals in different parts of the atmosphere.. The color gives a hint to the chemical composition @ 50km I think? Someone correct that one if I'm wrong..

donhuangenaro's post is also interesting, because it shows what looks like a non solar (and REALLY FAST) something interacting with the magnetosphere. The only other thing I've seen like this is the spike around the time of the AF477 crash, so we've noticed these little "bumps" happening at 21-22 January 09, and also

2009-01-21
2009-06-01

Almost six months apart, can we find other examples? If we can deduce the frequency of these events, it might give us a good clue..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10c4ff61c1d1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is completely new subject matter for me, so if my post is irrevelevant to the subject, I apologize.

While I know nothing about the subject, I have noticed for the past week or so that cell-phone service and satellite television reception periodically just disappear. This is in areas that always have cell service and rarely have interupiton of satellite reception. This is with many providers, not just mine. It is very irritating and everyone is coming up with incredibly odd excuses for it. I've even had 6-bars on my phone and have been without service.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

This is absolutely not irrelevant. Without people making any observations, we wouldn't have data to point us in the right direction. Where are you located? I hope other people will continue to share their thoughts and observations too! What an awesome thread, thanks everyone.

It is absolutely possible that this is related (and on the flip side, it's possible that it's not..)

A shortwave guide was saying that there was some intense propogation of some frequency that usually only happened during "intense" solar activity, I'll try and dig it up, but I have so much information and stuff to go through that I'm starting to get overloaded, and I need to take a break for a bit..

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
here in new york i remember an aruora back i think around 1995.at the time i had not seen one before and someone was outside on break and came running in saying that there was some kind of storm with green lights going on outside. everyone inside the factory went out and ill tell you what for the first min. i was freaking out. it was so bright every time it flashed and streaked through the sky it turned everything green. i have never seen anything like it since. i went to the aroura forcast page and they said the lights were going to be weak because the solar activity was low.from what im hearing from here they should be pretty bright though right?heres the address for the forcast model www.gedds.alaska.edu/aurorafortcast.can someone tell me if it is right?or should we be able to see the lights. also last week everyone i know had there cell phones shut off and not work. the message said further programing needed. could that be because of problems with the satalites?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Also, if anyone has a GPS (I don't), check it. Tinker with it please? Also if anyone has a satellite dish for TV, check your reception. Leave a TV on if you have to. This is a great chance to study this!
[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

My GPS hasnt really had a problem, but I can tell you the SIRIUS radio in my car has been losing it's reception WAY more than usual. I can usually get a signal even if I'm parked in the garage...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by Xtinguish

can you get some smart tools?

The most efficient car in Europe is this one:

en.wikipedia.org...

The diesel version can run about 80-90 miles per gallon of Diesel! and it is way nicer than Smart !

Ha! Sure, does it come with a roof rack?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
So, only to make an assumption of course:

I assume that, in reference to the Crop circle, that the second fully formed circle behind the Earth would be Venus then?

I think that other circle behind the earth is the moon. I think the circle is telling us that maybe when there's a full moon or lunar eclipse that something will happen. Maybe. Ok i have no idea. But thats what it looks like to me.
The size cale of the circle/picture also makes me think its the moon/earth system. Also Venus would be on the other side of the earth away from or in front of the 'bow', if i'm reading it correctly.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
so....what does this mean, exactly? We're going to be bombarded soon? or are we being bombarded at the moment?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It means we had some activity over the weekend, and it's leveled off since then, but I expect it to start picking up over the summer. The sun has awoken from the extended slumber. Science can make predictions but... they're just that.

Also, to the member who asked about the aurora over New York, that aurora map seems like it'd be accurate. It'd take a BIG CME to pull the aurora that far south..

Also, I got to read some papers during a bus ride, so...I will post the relevant quotes from one:

Results of these studies are irrefutable; the human organism is sensitive to changes in environmental physical activity and reacts to them through a series of variations of its physiological parameters such as systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, heart rate, bioelectrical activity of human brain, etc.

It is well established that both high and very low levels of GMA influence the number of some acute cardiac events (sudden cardiac death, acute myocardial infarction morbidity..

... during severe disturbances of geomagnetic field, the negative emotional background of a person is amplified. We conclude that changes in GMA mostly affect the activity of regulating systems related to high cortical mechanisms of regulation and sub-cortical integrative apparatuses."

Solar and Geomagnetic Activities and Related Effects on the Human physiological and Cardio-Health State: Some results of Azerbaijani and Collaborative Studies - Elchin S. Babayev

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Your last post solidly supports alot of what I have been thinking lately.

Particularly about many deaths...not just famous people mind you, but also other illnesses of people I know or friends of friends and such.

So much we dont know when it comes to things interacting with our bodies and souls.

But Broken...both you and Questioningall have been doing some great work to put alot together.

Good work.

Kross

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
RePlY tO XKrossX

Thank you. What the Sun giveth, the Sun taketh away...

I've always been agnostic and vehemently opposed to the church (and organized religion in general..), and what I felt it stood for, but recently I've realized what Albert Einstein was saying

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

I think that what we're seeing nothing less than the hand(s) of the God(s), and I've come out of this with a profound renewal of my sense of personal spirituality.

And a hundred more questions...

There's so much beauty in nature. Nature = God = Nature.

I know it's cliché and vague, but the beauty of organized chaos, the fractal symmetry especially between the micro-macro.

My questions seem to be improving however.

Experiencing a little bit of buffer overflow, haha!

Also, I feel more relaxed. Hopefully this is really leveling off, or I'm just getting used to it. I neet a tin foil hat, that will protect me!!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join