It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth being hit with charged particles - what do *you* see?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XKrossX

Please don't apologize, XKrossX - You've managed to put in words things that I feel I've been unable to say, but I've come to the same conclusion that you have.

Thank you.

I agree with you whole heartedly.

I'd tell you all about how I feel I was affected, but it's all just too personal for me to write about here. VERY similar to your descriptions.

I'm going to be focused on celebrating CANADA day today!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
another variation of the same: there are times when i feel low, all is futile, the usual things. usually i can find a "reason" such as money worries, trouble with a family member, the weather, the usual suspects. but lately i can recognize times where it truly isn't any of those things. there is NO REASON for the feeling (calling into question how many times in the past i ascribed them to a convenient reason).

all i'm trying to say is that there are invisible forces or influences or something (particles?) that affect us emotionally and mentally. like somebody said we assign a recognizable reason to them but they are just there. i think this has always been true. what's different right now is that we are able to "see" that we manufacture the connection between it and something going on.

stuff happens. we feel things. not all of it is controllable. so we learn to surf it, ride it, until another wave comes along, instead of turning our life inside out to make the feeling go away.

okay, put this down as another crazy post.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OK, so let's take this another step.

We've established that these particles and energies or whatever the heck they are really screw with us.

Depression and anxiety are some of the most common psychological disorders. This has huge implications due to the dependence of drug treatment in regards to mental health issues.

Could it be said that maybe these chemicals that alter the electrical balance of the brain somehow changes the "frequency" of antenna (brain) that receives EM input?

Are normal environmental changes that result in human depression and anxiety result in diagnosis of chronic symptoms that are really attributable to environmental and other external factors (such as relationships, other people, etc..) ?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I hope nothing big would happen but my sixth sense says, it is heading this way. Tell me i am wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawaii
I hope nothing big would happen but my sixth sense says, it is heading this way. Tell me i am wrong.

I wish I could tell you that you're wrong, but I don't have enough data. Also, the data I do have is now coming in glitchy, and my gut feeling says that I think you're right. The questions now are, what's coming our way and how will it affect us (if at all)?

Soo... how about that local sports team..?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I totally agree with you that we can be affected by this. I get dizzy, irritable, and also have headaches when the magnetosphere acts strange. When it's a cloudy day, I am super tired and sluggish. Chinooks get me charged up with lots of energy. Also when the the barometer drops, my joints and bones ache. The enviromental conditions do have an effect on us in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A preliminary look at miscarriage data from a mid latitude country (at a glance) seems to correlate with the solar cycle sine wave, but I'll need to study more and analyze the numbers to see if my gut feeling is correct..

I think the fetus is especially susceptible during a certain time of development..

Maybe in the future hospitals and maternity wards will have Faraday cages..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I live in upstate ny and yesterday the tv kept going on and off all night

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
And also there has been a marked increase in seismic/volcanic activity this month...

Also, if anyone has a GPS (I don't), check it. Tinker with it please? Also if anyone has a satellite dish for TV, check your reception. Leave a TV on if you have to. This is a great chance to study this!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thanks everyone! Your assistance has been VALUABLE!

Edit to add: If you've been squirreling away information and data or pictures and what not, now is the time to compile everything into a handy zip file and share it with other people who are studying this.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nice post ..mabie its the light i have been viewing ..hmmm very well could be ..courious does it look like a distorted spider web of sorts?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinclâire

Well obviously, for you it does..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Plz forgive me ..alot of thing going on with me are so very new that i have few things to wiegh what i see with and i am on a constant search of finding thigs to hold them up against ,but lol a tree is not a tree a tree is like lite tingleing static that is luke warm

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
okay for all of you that say that the crop circles have NO relivence this is what PROOF i have for you.......... lets compare pics

my gf made this connection

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Uhhh... Anyone else who is interested in studying this further, please U2U me.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

I'd really love to see the aurora. They seem like they'd be beautiful, I'm trying to forecast a good aurora so I can make a trip, it seems like I may be able to know a good 40-80 hours in advance with the help of some knowledgeable minds.

How often do you see the aurora around Sudbury, tribewilder? I think the different colors are due to the ionization of certain chemicals in different parts of the atmosphere.. The color gives a hint to the chemical composition @ 50km I think? Someone correct that one if I'm wrong..

Sorry, I was just going back over this thread and must not have seen this before.

As a child, during the 60's and 70's, my parents owned a house that had a huge picture window that faced north. There were also very few houses in the area and as such, there were very few "light distractions".

From what I recall, at least 2-3 times a year, we would witness the Northern Lights. There was never a warning on the news or anything, they just showed up, and we watched them. Sometimes my Dad would even wake my up to witness the spectacle. They always appeared in the fall or winter if I recall correctly.

The last time I saw them was around 7 years ago. The girl I was seeing at the time had a 13 year old son and he literally freaked when he saw them and I spent more time trying to calm him down than actually watching the show. The whole Northern hemisphere was lit up (green), and the curtains were plentiful.

The only reason I don't see them anymore is I don't have any view of the north from my place. I'm sure there have been plenty that I missed.

I watched a show with Valerie Pringle about a place that caters to people wanting to witness the Northern Lights and most of the people that show up are from Japan.

I don't have a link to the show but I do have a link to the place.

Here is a link to the Aurora webcam..Aurora Webcam

And finally, here is the link to the Aurora Skystation..Aurora Skystation

I don't know of the cost or anything but if you have never seen them, this looks like the best place to go..

Again sorry for not answering sooner, I just didn't see the question.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just notice that the links are in Sweden!!

There is a place either in B.C. or Alaska, I am assuming B.C. as the show I watched takes place in Canada.

I'll see if I can find it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sweet thanks man... Hey have you got my U2Us? Mine are acting funny. It's always red, even when I have no new messages..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Phage or anyone who can answer for that matter...

When the solar particles hit the magnestosphere and redirect to the pole prodiucing the aurora borealis. Is this a constant thing that happens or only when the sunspots appear and then release the solar flare....

the reason I ask is the Id love to see the aurora one day and want to know if I need to be aware of any flares or will I see it no matter what time of year I go....

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Actually, the charged particles aren't really hitting the Earth, they are hitting the magnetosphere very far from the Earth. The magnetosphere then redirects the particles to the poles where they can interact with the upper atmosphere (higher than 50km) and produce aurora.

The speed and temperature of the solar wind made a jump a few days ago as a result of a hole in the Sun's corona which was aimed in our direction around the 20th of the month. There were also a couple of sunspots which appeared on the 22nd. This would also contribute to maintaining the increase. Both speed and temperature have been declining since they peaked but the effects of another coronal hole on the 24th could the the cause of the jump you noticed today.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

The peak on the 25th was not particularly impressive, reaching speeds of only about 500 km/s. A really good blast from a coronal hole can get as high 800 km/s. A CME (coronal mass ejection) can produce velocities of over 1,500 km/s. This was just a little burp. But there is not much agreement on the relationship between the velocity of the solar wind and geomagnetic storms which are caused by interactions of various factors within the solar wind and the Earth's magnetic field. It takes more than a fast solar wind to produce a magnetic storm.
www.spacew.com...

So while we are our way toward the next maximum, what we are seeing right now is really no big deal. The current cycle is predicted to peak in may of 2013 and is predicted to have less activity than average. But as yet there is no way to predict the intensity of that activity. It could be relatively quiet or it could be bad.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

When the solar particles hit the magnestosphere and redirect to the pole prodiucing the aurora borealis. Is this a constant thing that happens or only when the sunspots appear and then release the solar flare....

This mostly happens during release of a geoeffective CME or solar flare.

You can make an educated guess, and you'll have less than 2-3 days to travel, so stay on standby, but it's possible! I wish I could afford to do that lol.

I actually was typing so much yesterday, my keyboard just DIED as I was writing.. Luckily I have a spare haha!

I'll dig up the info I was given on how to determine if an event will be geoactive..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join