It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth being hit with charged particles - what do *you* see?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dude I consider myself a rational individual, but every time I would indulge myself in considering the reality of santa clause you kick me in the bollocks.

I like you and hate you at the same time lol

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Thanks Mars 1,yeah that shows around the range I mentioned first in regards to density and velocity...

Here is 09/06/28:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dd995b799a.jpg[/atsimg]

And the two most recent I just grabbed - wow!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faa5b801b2e5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bdc636c4ed8.jpg[/atsimg]

Your comparison image was obviously taken during a dip in solar activity, or indeed solar minimum.

If you were to compare it to an image from the last solar maximum, say 9 years or so ago, then I think you will find the differences to quite absent.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The pattern is uncannily similar to the latest crop circle as attested by deejayiwan on his/her post 27th June entitled Crop circle with alien language.

Would be nice to think this represents the force behind the alluded to increased consciousness for mankind. It may even lead to the annihilation of the demons presently running the planet which would be just the best thing imaginable don't you think

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I actually believe that during bright days, I see lots of relly fast moving particles, small microscopic and they burst into two or three from one. then dissapate after having looked at the sun for a bit indirectly. The blue sky seems to be the only time i see them. I wonder if i was seeing these particles?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Is there a connection here?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Jesusis1337]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

I find it questionable; the idea that you can see individual particles (moving at light speed nonetheless) with your naked eye...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Nice find guys very interesting.

I love how NASA decides to revise their 2007 predictions stating it will not be as bad, yet adding that the 1859 activity that caused major problems is the same as their new prediction.

Also the nice tidbit at the bottom stating the sun does not pay attention to comittees and there may be surprises and new preditctions coming. Nice.

And what is with the crap that 2008 and 2009 has been a record setting lull and there has been no major solar flares, yet they predict this record setting lull to continue for another year. If it so unheard of where do they get this little continuation prediction.

These idiots kill me.

I think we are in for the worst solar activity ever. It will peak in 2012 and end in 2013 exactly as the previous prediction stated. Link posted below.

They are just trying to quell the concern since it started getting out. Fox did a story on the possible damage that could occur. Link posted below.

Keep up the good info and keep watching guys. It is nice to see the ATS talent for research is being spent on verifiable information that affects us all.

Also huge pressure headache all of a sudden at 1pm pacific time 6/28.

Fox Story:

www.foxnews.com...

NASA Links about solor activity predictions, near earth flybys, Planetary tranistions, etc. all in 2012 time frame:

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

ilws.gsfc.nasa.gov...

xd12srv1.nsstc.nasa.gov...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

legislative.nasa.gov...

cfa-www.harvard.edu...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

Very interesting indeed.

There will be some trouble with power and communcations during these huge solar storms.

I often wonder if this is the reason for a few things:

1. We know they want to use the old anolog TV for Military, Police , firefighters, etc (first responders) and this is why they changed to digital broadcast. So they could use the old analog system for communication and new Wifi Sevices.

Is that because they are not as susceptable to solar flares as digital TV? People using rabit ears never got the pixalation and freezing I got from both cable and satelitte.

2. This new Smart Grid. they claim it is to connect new renewable energy sources to the new grid.

Then why is congress wanting to force states to place the new grid where they want it and are planning a law giving them authority to disregard the public utilities commissions in the states and allow the feds to say where this new power grid goes. Is this so they can connect all the Government agencies with a new power grid that is not suceptable to these solar flares?

3. Why after creating the huge department of homeland security is FEMA now being taken out of this department and allowing them to be a seperate enity again?

It sure seems like they are plannign for this exact scenerio.

Good luck all and keep your eyes open.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow a LOT of information to digest before I've had my morning coffee.

I'll be the first to admit the connection between the crop circles and the current activity is tenuous at best, and I'd like to thank Phage and everyone else for their opinions, observations, and most importantly of all - the data...

As to the person who replied with a general disdain of NASA and their current prediction of the weak solar cycle and their connection of the Carrington event, that's my gut feeling too and I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOSFORUS
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Would increased lightning storms be a byproduct of this???

Probably..

haha I should read everything else, but dude's metal plate in a conductive field statement was right on the money.....coffee

[edit on 29-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Actually a decrease in the density and speed of the solar wind will cause the Earths magnetosphere to swell.

For a couple of days in may of 1999 the solar wind all but disappeared, the magnetosphere grew to five or six times larger and strahl electrons flowed unimpeded directly into the north pole in an effect called polar rain causing an unusual aurora.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey

Your comparison image was obviously taken during a dip in solar activity, or indeed solar minimum.

If you were to compare it to an image from the last solar maximum, say 9 years or so ago, then I think you will find the differences to quite absent.

I agree wholeheartedly. What happened during the last maximum? Power grid issues. The increased water vaporization increases atmospheric conductivity and sets the stage for these solar induced ground currents that wreak havoc with Hydro-Québec's grid, which in theory could "ground" substations over various distances and not keep my beer cold, so I'm kinda concerned about this..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have seen this magnetoshpere type of shot many times, it is TYPICAL of the standard fluctuations found in our magnetic field, it gets larger, denser and hotter then the field collapses down after a very energetic breakdown then the process starts all over again. Nothing to be worried about!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARNETT 187
I have seen this magnetoshpere type of shot many times, it is TYPICAL of the standard fluctuations found in our magnetic field, it gets larger, denser and hotter then the field collapses down after a very energetic breakdown then the process starts all over again. Nothing to be worried about!

"I can tell by the pixels, and having seen a few magnetospheres in my time.."

I accept your point, I'm not saying the world is going to end - but I think we should continue to pay attention to space weather.

The biological, meteorological, and technological effects of spaceweather (I use this term as I believe both solar and galactic processes affect our little sphere) require more in depth study.

I mean, the solar activity has an immunological affect on us - that's been documented...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
yeah ive noticed a drastic change in the weather here in scotland its weird we never rely normally get hot weather like 4 days in a row and when it comes to night time its misty and rainy weird stuff plus my cat kept looking at the sky and was going nuts lol

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ingram1990]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
well, Spaceweather.com talks about "MAMMATUS clouds" , I always suspected it to happen because of the disturbance in the magnetic field of the Earth. And as a non-related observation , I was REALLY annoyed today about every little thing + having permanent headache.

We should also watch out for the earthquake list, as our Earth behaves like a large magnet so the internal structure of the Earth can vibrate due this incoming magnetic disturbance..

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Romanian]

So youve also been having the never ending headache?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well here is the fluxgate magnetometer data from Alaska showing the changes in the Earth's magnetic field during this interaction:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69d675012ab0.png[/atsimg]

As Dr. Svalgaard has explained to me via email:

If a CME occurs near disk center [within some 30 degrees, it will hit the Earth]. And will have some effect, but for a really big effect, the magnetic field within the CME has to be directed to the South. That is much harder to gauge and I don't know of any reliable way of doing that. Energetic particles from flares are most likely to hit us if the flare happens on the Western hemisphere of the Sun, because they follow the magnetic field lines and those that connect with the Earth come from 45 degrees to the West of the disk center.

So here are the SOHO images from the dates Phage mentioned. Hey wait, is that a charged particle? No, something's stuck to my display.. lol!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/197c252848d2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93089ff54b62.jpg[/atsimg]

I think the mattamus clouds are incredible! As a skywatcher, it was really cool to see the big circular swirls of that low pressure system coming in. Regardless of what the sun shoots at us this year or the next few, it's going to be an interesting ride, weather wise..

Everyone in my home agrees, we want to see more cool thunderstorms!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
do we have a professional who knows how to read this stuff?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Our TV has been on for the kids today, and has 'gone off' three times in the last hour.

'No or bad signal' Which is quite unusual for our setup.
Usually, if a bird or two is perched on the aerial or there is a heavy rainstorm/winds we would get this, but it's sunny, still and having checked, no birds were on the aerial.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

A professional what? These are many complex systems, we'd need many professionals from different areas of study, and even then - some of these processes are not fully understand or even worse, completely misinterpreted.

Pose your questions and I'm sure people will try to answer or find the answer, but I'm simply amazed that these threads have generally stayed on topic, people post and and source their data, and taught me many things..

This is like mapping a web of causality here, and it's all "big picture" stuff that's gonna require many minds working together if we hope to learn the most we can about this.

As far as I know, there are people around with education and/or personal interest with geology, math, psychology, and probably a few other fields contributing to these threads..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join