It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth being hit with charged particles - what do *you* see?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
We actually have a "space weather alert" about this surge:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Also, according to Spaceweather, we have a wave of solar energy heading this way from a coronal hole:

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should reach Earth on or about June 29th. Credit: SOHO Extreme UV Telescope

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

I'll tell you what I see! This crop circle from yesterday!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/68bfd9c53f3b9449.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d30a7dd22aee.jpg[/atsimg]
www.cropcircleconnector.com...
WOWZERS!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

EXACTLY what I was going to say. This has happened a few times. Same thing with the jellyfish crop. Apparently when the Earth is hit with a solar storm the magnetosphere looks a lot like the jellyfish crop circle.

(Read this ATS'ers post.

I think it was the same with the dragonfly crop circle.

Edit to add: Notice how in the crop circle pic there's the alien head at the bottom of the middle "arm". In the particles pic the same shape is on the right side of the sun.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by nunya13]

[edit on 28-6-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10411dfa6980.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
And...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9b448728af0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Actually, the charged particles aren't really hitting the Earth, they are hitting the magnetosphere very far from the Earth. The magnetosphere then redirects the particles to the poles where they can interact with the upper atmosphere (higher than 50km) and produce aurora.

The speed and temperature of the solar wind made a jump a few days ago as a result of a hole in the Sun's corona which was aimed in our direction around the 20th of the month. There were also a couple of sunspots which appeared on the 22nd. This would also contribute to maintaining the increase. Both speed and temperature have been declining since they peaked but the effects of another coronal hole on the 24th could the the cause of the jump you noticed today.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

The peak on the 25th was not particularly impressive, reaching speeds of only about 500 km/s. A really good blast from a coronal hole can get as high 800 km/s. A CME (coronal mass ejection) can produce velocities of over 1,500 km/s. This was just a little burp. But there is not much agreement on the relationship between the velocity of the solar wind and geomagnetic storms which are caused by interactions of various factors within the solar wind and the Earth's magnetic field. It takes more than a fast solar wind to produce a magnetic storm.
www.spacew.com...

So while we are our way toward the next maximum, what we are seeing right now is really no big deal. The current cycle is predicted to peak in may of 2013 and is predicted to have less activity than average. But as yet there is no way to predict the intensity of that activity. It could be relatively quiet or it could be bad.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
I really really hate how people keep making this connection between the circles and the magnetosphere..

Including myself.

I don't want to believe it...

*sticks fingers in ears* lalalalallala, I can't hear you!

There's also the Milk Hill 5 crop circle. The one with a heart with a (North & South) n and s either side of it. it reminded me of your image of the magnetosphere, with it's heart shape.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank-You very much for the information and links.

Now I know why in some threads I see "wheres Phage"

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

WOWZERS!

THis is the most astonishing find! How can we not recognise the connection?!

Vrilliant find!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The latest crop circles seem to have this general shape of this pressure graph. It's probably someone playing with a satellite and using the crops as the media/paper for their satellite/space printer.

However, this morning I was outside for a maximum of an hour and I have to say I have the worst burn I've had in years and in far less time. It wasn't unusually hot or anything but I did find myself feeling a bit of nausea. That's when I went home. I didn't even notice the burn till supper hour. It's lobster red!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
This is very interesting! I'm far from an expert on these matters but I'm a bit puzzled as to where all this pressure is coming from.

The sun has gone dead silent again so it woul appear to be something else.

My guess would be that we're moving into the centre of the galactic plane and that the energy levels there are much higher, but this is pure speculation.

Any other guesses?

I think Paul Laviolet is on the ball with his theory.
He basically claims the there is evidence of a cyclical galactic super wave that intermittently emanates from the center of the galaxy. He has solid evidence fir his claims derived from the Greenland ice core samples.

Dr. LaViolette is the first to predict that high intensity volleys of cosmic ray particles travel directly to our planet from distant sources in our Galaxy, a phenomenon now confirmed by scientific data. He is also the first to discover high concentrations of cosmic dust in Ice Age polar ice, indicating the occurrence of a global cosmic catastrophe in ancient times. Based on this work, he made predictions about the entry of interstellar dust into the solar system ten years before its confirmation in 1993 by data from the Ulysses spacecraft and by radar observations from New Zealand. He also originated the glacier wave flood theory that not only provides a reasonable scientific explanation for widespread continental floods, but also presents a credible explanation for the sudden freezing of the arctic mammoths and demise of the Pleistocene mammals. Also he developed a novel theory that links geomagnetic flips to the past occurrence of immense solar flare storm outbursts.

Here is a link to his information.
www.etheric.com...

And he is well credentialed

He has also published many original papers in physics, astronomy, climatology, systems theory, and psychology. He received his BA in physics from Johns Hopkins, his MBA from the University of Chicago, and PhD from Portland State University and is currently president of the Starburst Foundation, an interdisciplinary scientific research institute.

Paul LaViolette has an ongoing interest in metaphysics, mysticism, and music.

He has served as a solar energy consultant for the UN, Greek government, and Club of Rome Goals for Mankind Project and has also consulted Fortune 500 companies on ways of stimulating innovation. Research he conducted at Harvard School of Public Health led him to invent an improved pulsation dampener for air sampling pumps. Related work led him to develop an improved life-support rebreather apparatus for protection against hazardous environments and for which he received two patents.
Recognized in the Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering,

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trunkeight

WOWZERS!

THis is the most astonishing find! How can we not recognise the connection?!

Vrilliant find!

You should edit your post so the crop circle pic is turned 90 to the left.
It stands out a lot more.
Good catch by the way.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Most likely this is the result of a coronal hole the sun had the other day. I read on SOHO that it was expected to have some effect on earth between the 25th and 30th, but they didn't know how severe it might affect signals, ect.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Hey Broken, Those pictures look like the crop circle in the other thread , shoot I'm typing so can't post a link, knee jerk reaction.

Take a look, see what you think

Sorry my bad, just responded to the opening post, didn't notcie the other replies, like I said knee jerk reaction

[edit on 29-6-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I've just looked through this thread and the first thing I noticed was the similarity between your pics and the recent crop circle found.

Here's the thread where I seen it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's the website source: www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Any idea's?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyNet

Ok, too slow again!

second line

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Would increased lightning storms be a byproduct of this???

Because last night from 10:30pm to about 1am,( +12 UTC ) there was a non-stop thunder and lightning storm. Over 800 strikes logged by the local METSERVICE.

Pictures here NZ Herald

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is not just about the speed, but also the density of the stream heading from the Sun. Multuply the speed with the dentisty and you will get the "pressure" of the stream. I agree this was not the worst ever
as we just started the new cycle

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
According to my personal theory;

Those "charged particles" are electromagnetic. The simple fact that they are moving past the Earth at such high speeds means they are magnetizing the Earth more. The Earth is a giant magnet and a conductor, so when charged particles are passing a conductor, you get a big electromagnet.

That means, the more particles that hit Earth, and the higher speed they hit Earth, the bigger the magnetic field it creates on Earth, meaning more protection from charged particles.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

I would say definitely YES.

The water in clouds would act like a plate inside a capacitor, and it would collect lots of charged particles. The water in the clouds would then charge up, and when the charge gets big enough it will jump to Earth as a bolt of lightning.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyNet

Me too, looks like this could be a thread of one line apologies

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join