It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Honestly, I'd be ticked off if it was something to do with Global Warming. What you posted is interesting, and definitely possible, but I would be upset if History Channel was creating all of this hype for something like that.

From watching History Channel for years, I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with some type of Alien life disclosure or a new date for how long humanity had been around. That just seems to fit with all of their programs lately.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Thanks for finding and posting that. This now seems the most plausable especially in light of the untitled book reference and book cover picture already posted.

Not to rain on anyones parade here but...thats really not very exciting or life changing. Any kind of "missing link" that validates or enhances understanding of evolution doesn't really change anything and so what if a few sentences in a few text books need to be rewritten and there is new ammo in the war between creationists and evolutionists and everyone of those extremes under the sun.

In reallity this seems trivial. Like discovering a new species of tree frog that we never knew existed before. Yes its important and yes its exciting and yes it adds to the 'amazingness' of the world. It really does but...it's not really a global event and it's not a big deal.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
They could possibly be revealing that there may indeed have once been life on Mars. Think about it, its not that startling, but it is a history changer and does go above every human event.

If it were anything that big though, I'm still surprised the press has not found out before this date set...

Makes me think its all hype as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Guys and Gals, make a search like 'History Channel Conspiracy'....

You will turn up with virtually zero results about a conspiracy against History Channel... Although I did find quite few after a difficult search... You'll also find out how they did it..

They've thought it so well... I don't like History Channel anyway, they maybe disclosing stuff, but I don't like the way they disclose it. I feel like they're doing it with a touch of evil...

Personally, I like the way People of ATS disclose stuff far far better than History Channel do.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I agree with your thoughts on this.

Also,

Date of Missing Link Public Announcement = APPLES

Dates listed in History Ch Ad = ORANGES

Man I hope its something more exciting than the Missing Link, but I think not.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
History Channel Ownership:Hearst(37.5%)Disney(37.5%)GE/NBC(25%)

Looking at who owns this channel....why on earth would you believe any of the crappy propaganda they put on there?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Does his mean anything ? It is one of the dates in add:

Oct. 10, 1958

A Brief History of NASA

Launching NASA
"An Act to provide for research into the problems of flight within and outside the Earth's atmosphere, and for other purposes." With this simple preamble, the Congress and the President of the United States created the national Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on October 1, 1958. NASA's birth was directly related to the pressures of national defense. After World War II, the United States and the Soviet Union were engaged in the Cold War, a broad contest over the ideologies and allegiances of the nonaligned nations. During this period, space exploration emerged as a major area of contest and became known as the space race.

During the late 1940s, the Department of Defense pursued research and rocketry and upper atmospheric sciences as a means of assuring American leadership in technology. A major step forward came when President Dwight D. Eisenhower approved a plan to orbit a scientific satellite as part of the International Geophysical Year (IGY) for the period, July 1, 1957 to December 31, 1958, a cooperative effort to gather scientific data about the Earth. The Soviet Union quickly followed suit, announcing plans to orbit its own satellite.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Another milestone in 1958 :

According to Encyclopedia Britannica, American, British, and Soviet fusion programs were strictly classified until 1958, when most of their research programs were made public at the conference, which was held in Geneva. Since that time, fusion research has been characterized by international collaboration.

www.newsahead.com...

I'm just looking around.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Woops this has already been posted, my mistake!

[edit on 5/15/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
and anoher date from add for the 25th

"That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." Neil A. Armstrong uttered these famous words on July 20, 1969, when the Apollo 11 mission fulfilled Kennedy's challenge by successfully landing Armstrong and Edwin E. "Buzz" Aldrin, Jr. on the Moon. Armstrong dramatically piloted the lunar module to the lunar surface with less than 30 seconds worth of fuel remaining. After taking soil samples, photographs, and doing other tasks on the Moon, Armstrong and Aldrin rendezvoused with their colleague Michael Collins in lunar orbit for a safe voyage back to Earth.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

and;

World Book at NASA : Hubble Space Telescope

History

The space shuttle Discovery launched the telescope into orbit in 1990. Soon after launch, engineers discovered a flaw in the telescope's light -- gathering mirror. The flaw made the images less clear than they otherwise would have been. Engineers designed an optical device to bend light reflected by the mirror in a way that would make up for the error. Astronauts from the space shuttle Endeavour installed the device on the telescope in 1993, and it worked as planned.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by azureskys]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I was thinking it might be information discovered since the discovery of this:
www.livescience.com...

But reading back on this thread I am inclined to think it is about the unamed book mentioned earlier in the thread, of course the book's subject matter is not annouced, but the hype is curious.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Original Video.....

And another from the site

[edit on 15-5-2009 by GOTZEUS]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Now check this out guys! Here's a book, untitled, to be published by Penguin, in May 2009. It says:

ISBN:9780316070089
Library Bound #: 619216

Format: Hardcover
Price: $28.99
Pub Date: May 2009

Lying inside a high security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading museums, is a discovery that will change textbooks, change science, and change how we understand the human race. The author of Untitled has been given exclusive access to all of the research and the team of top scientists who have been validating the discovery, the announcement of which will send shock waves around the world.

The discovery will be announced at a major press conference followed by a media blitz and a documentary that will air on the History Channel following the press conference.

Well, the Bilderberg conference is underway as I type. Are finishing touches being made for disclosure or is it something to do with Alternative 3 or the coming of Niburu or a 2012 EOTW announcement?? Damn! The suspense is killing me!
Or will it just fizzle out like the many other 'announcements' made over time?

I guess we'll just have to wait and watch unless someone contacts THC and asks them as to what the heck this so called earth shaking announcement is all about!

Anyway, stay tuned!

Cheers!

www.librarybound.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Ummm...Should i be worried that i have a flight across the US scheduled for that morning?? Damn, whyd i have to read this thread...lol

Anyway...could very well be something interesting. Though History channel always has a thing where they get you all worked up and excited, then it turns out to be something less than spectacular. Ill stay tuned either way.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldat401
Found an image of the book cover:

www.ttmd.com...

Very strange looking fingers.

The picture has mysteriously disappeared? It was rather funky I am glad I got to see it. Did not look very ape like, at least no ape from this planet.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yeah the fingernails location looked to have extra finger links that extended at an angle.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The Date 845 B.C. from History Channel add:

The Book of Obadiah (a minor biblical prophet)

Obadiah

Obadiah tells a story of double betrayal. The nation of Edom, which should have been an ally, betrayed Judah when the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 586 B.C. As punishment the Lord promises that Edom will likewise fall prey to a trap by its allies. Obadiah then takes this theme of “judgment through betrayal because of betrayal” and expands it to encompass all nations when the Day of the Lord comes and “the kingdom will be the Lord’s.”

store.bible.org...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I sure do wish I could see those fingers/the book cover! Where are you guys looking to see it? Sorry for the short post, but I want to know!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You know, if one of us "regular people" would have made a commercial like that, we would have been instantly labeled as a +errorist because it could potentially make people go into panic mode.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Originally posted by Soldat401
Found an image of the book cover:

www.ttmd.com...

Very strange looking fingers.

The picture has mysteriously disappeared? It was rather funky I am glad I got to see it. Did not look very ape like, at least no ape from this planet.

Damn! I wish you had downloaded the image! So what fingers are you guys talking about? What was on the cover? An alien or what?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, Whizkid on another thread found this for the same day on The History Channel - 8pm, if this even pertains to what we are talking about...

Whether it's about that untitled book or this, I guess we will find out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join