It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Has anyone linked together and studied the dates given on the video?

1028 BC - Beginning of the Shang Dynasty in China.

1 Million BC - A film about man versus beast fighting for dominance of the earth.

2 Million BC - The beginning human existance Lower Paleolithic: c. 2 Mil bc

August 31, 1981 - Iranian Hostage Crisis, the U.S. Air Force at Ramstein was bombed by the Red Army Faction.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't know hat it could be. Probably something "big" to the academic world but not to everyone else. It is interesting that disclosure is said to happen by May 31st. Could the History Channel be running an "ET introduction program for them?" Probably not, but hey this is a conspiracy and alternate topic site.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 5/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Would a missing link cause this secrecy or hype? Or even discovering that perhaps man was here alot earlier than previously thought?

I am not playing this down, but......

To cause this stir I would think it would have to be quite something.
Change history books, school teaching etc.

School teaching evolution is a foregone conclusion even without a missing link. So how would that change anything?

Anyway maybe....

1. it is old enough to suggest we roamed alongside dino's

2. It is a missing link, but not the one we are expecting. Alien / Human? Human / reptile / dino ?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If this event is the most important thing that has happened in the last 44 million years,then what was the equally important event that originally happened 44 million years ago?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Those are both very interesting points that i hadn't considered. A 44 million year old bipedal primate would certainly raise the question of the possibility of hominid-dinosaur interaction. A 14 to 21 million year margin for error, so to speak, makes the idea somewhat fantastic but i feel as though it is in the hypothetical realm of possibility.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by The Loge]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
God I love advertising.

If my commercial made this site go crazy, I'd be quite satisfied.

As for the date...probably a new show...I hope it's a new Logo for the channel. That'd be neat.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
44 million years ago the North and South poles were formed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It really just sounds like hype... I'm not much of a skeptic (
), but I don't think this is anything... That would be sweet if I'm wrong!!!
I do wanna see something that will create a paradigm shift...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here is something that fits the 44 million year time frame we are wondering about.

The 1,312-foot-long cylindrical sediment core sample provides a 56-million-year record of the continent's temperature trends. It reveals that approximately 45 million years ago, the Arctic went from being a warm greenhouse to the frosty ice-covered continent that we know today.

www.livescience.com...

Could this be it? Although this was was discovered in 2006 it could just now be being made into a documentary about global warming. That could explain the "biggest day ever" tagline since global warming is such an issue. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
anyone thought of alien disclosure? the X conferance staff demanded disclosure before the end of may right?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Did most of the speculating posters actually read what info we have found? Its not disclosure of aliens, its not global warming or an ice age, and no its not even remotely related to 2012. Its a fossil, that will change everything we know.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's got me wanting to see it. Oh well, if it's hype, I'll be the sucker.

Hmm, got to get Dish Network turned back on.

Troy

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's nothing to do with Aliens or Astrology, it's likely to do with this :

David Attenborough to Reveal Missing Link

Sir David Attenborough documentary 'reveals missing link in human evolution'
Sir David Attenborough is to present a documentary claiming to have discovered a missing link in human evolution – a monkey-like creature called an adapid
By Urmee Khan, Digital and Media Correspondent
Last Updated: 5:53PM BST 10 May 2009

The BBC programme, expected to be screened later this month, could help to resolve the debate about which kind of primates humans are descended from.

Sir David will reveal the well-preserved frame of the small monkey-like creature on the programme. The fossilised animal, thought to be at least 37 million years old, is a member of the extinct adapid family, and was discovered in a disused quarry in Germany.

Similar in appearance to modern lemurs, the young female has certain key differences which convinced researchers they have found the link to modern apes.

Unlike lemurs, it has no "toothcomb" teeth for grooming or "toilet claws" for scratching, two omissions which make it more likely to be ancestral to monkeys, higher apes and ultimately humans.

The fossil is reportedly so well preserved that some of its soft tissues such as skin and even its stomach contents can be examined. The documentary is said to be based on research done by the Public Library of Science, a non-profit scientific publisher.

Prof Philip Gingerich, co-author of the report and president of the US Paleontological Society, said: "I examined this skeleton. It is exceptionally complete and it is well-dated.

"We have kept it under wraps because you can't blither about something until you understand it. We now understand it. It is going to advance our knowledge of evolution."

The fossil of the creature, named Darwinus masillae, was discovered in two parts at different times.

Until the second part was discovered last year and the halves united by Norwegian scientists, the significance of the fossil went unnoticed.

Sir David declined to comment. The BBC programme, due to be screened later this month, could help to resolve the debate about which kind of primates humans are descended from.

The fossilised animal, thought to be at least 37 million years old, is a member of the extinct adapid family, and was discovered in a disused quarry in Germany.

Similar in appearance to modern lemurs, the young female has certain key differences which convinced researchers they have found the link to modern apes. Unlike lemurs, it has no "toothcomb" teeth for grooming or "toilet claws" for scratching, two omissions which make it more likely to be ancestral to monkeys, higher apes and ultimately humans.

The fossil is reportedly so well preserved that some of its soft tissues such as skin and even its stomach contents can be examined.

The documentary is said to be based on research done by the Public Library of Science, a non-profit scientific publisher.

Prof Philip Gingerich, co-author of the report and president of the US Paleontological Society, said: "I examined this skeleton. It is exceptionally complete and it is well-dated.

"We have kept it under wraps because you can't blither about something until you understand it. We now understand it. It is going to advance our knowledge of evolution."

The fossil of the creature, named Darwinus masillae, was discovered in two parts at different times.

Until the second part was discovered last year and the halves united by Norwegian scientists, the significance of the fossil went unnoticed.

Sir David declined to comment.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

well I've gotta say that sounds convincing, however, the hand on the cover of that book looks nothing like any primate hand I've ever seen...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Maybe they found Noah's Ark.......or the other Ark and it is going to be a special presentation on History channel so as not to give away the surprise?

Just another guess among the many, but I am not putting money on it!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is only my second post, don't flame. I didn't read all the way through, seemed like everyone was saying the same thing. Did anyone notice that May 25 is a holiday. Pretty much most of America has the day off and can be available to see this truly amazing event. I think there is going to be a show about a new type of energy that will finally be known and available to the public. I talked to an individual about this several months ago and the time frame fits within his prediction.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

www.librarybound.com...

Well, whatever it is, there is an new book being released concerning all of this. No title is being disclosed or the author..This link will take you to the book listing which is located about half way down the page. Listed as "Untitled"..I also noticed on the History Channel web site they have the 9-11 time slot blocked. Either this is just marketing hype or something major is going on. I have my suspicions, but I guess we shall see on the 25th.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
People are still guessing? It has been indicated several pages back on what they'll show on the 25th already.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nice thread thanks for the info All of you guys/gals who searched for anything that it could be
so I did my part of looking things up as well and found in the "web bot threads"

" SpaceGoatFarts – Murfing A rising aspect/attribute set within the primary support chain for the SpaceGoatFarts entity as a whole appears in late May."

May 25th is pretty late

Just thought I'd throw that in

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
well I'm not sure if this has been posted already or not, but I saw this and decided it could provide some valuable incite.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

and right from the horses mouth some sort of countdown clock and a short informative video:

www.history.com...

and the official schedule for the 25th:

www.history.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join