It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*urgent* Time is running out *urgent*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I remember everyone thinking the world would end when Bush became president. We're still here.

A flu is taking the lives of Mexicans. Hey it's a virus. They exist. SARS didn't end the world now did it?

You're right King, we should get out and enjoy life but I highly doubt the end is near just because of the very bad things that are taking place at the moment. If you haven't thought about this, think now: Children in Africa are starving and suffering from disease. Every day is the end of the world for someone there.

Because we as a country has something horrible hit us at home doesn't mean our existence is done. It just means we as Americans are going through a rough time, as well as the rest of the planet.

I guess my point is this: Nothing new is happening.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Right on , and 2 others Willing to make a Static Defense Stand ... I am not military , heck the closest i have got 2 war is call of duty 4...

But tac. goes along way... I have thought of plan a , B , and c ...
Run to the hills ... get a R.V. or stand my ground... Stand Our Ground is the only way ...

Small patriot groups of 7, or 8 Strong... Must have Short Wave Single Side Band Communication..
We must fortify homes , and Dig in strong... (Bottle neck Kill zones ) in attic look outs sandbagged, and Hard...

Good point to remember , Waco times a thousand... Hot zones as they will be called (individual American homes ) will be targeted by the C-130 guns and leveled one by one ...

But not before they have first tested the target, and lost persons and cant secure target ( Hard Target. )

So my question 2 all is , Are you going 2 be a hard target or soft ? Hard targets For All ...
I will get my quota , Quack Quack , MAKE A STAND ! You going 2 RUN from a Duck !!!

NYC Pigs on a Wing ...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

This I can agree with. Living in fear of the inevitable sounds like a stupid way to end my existence. Instead of planning on how you will die whenever this event occurs why not try to fill everyday from now until the end with as much fun and joy as you can. You can feel it coming right! Then party hard make sure that when your going out your not saying you wished you hadn't wasted the last few months of your life in a sweat over the end, while other people who spent it having fun and doing what they wanted can go out with no regrets.
(you're going to die why not take a few risks?)

Either way December of 2012 I already have plans made for a massive party so we can go out in style and hopefully if the world doesn't end I can remember it for the great party that it was! Win win don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
OP

And the fact is, your children (if you have any) will be saying the same thing in (insert number of years) from now. Every time has its doom and gloom artists, this is your time and it just so happens that your time was in conjunction with this mass communication tool we call the interweb.

What about the big Spanish flu of 1918, when 50 – 70 million were killed, can you imagine the outcry, the theory and the hearsay. can you imagine the panic around the world if Master and Miss 1918 had forums, social networking and the interweb?

Take a pill, not a red nor a blue, just a chill.

Here - listen to this

[edit on 29-4-2009 by InterWeb]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just a little thought here...

I wish there was always a 2012 aproaching. Always the consideration of the world ending (or worse) in the not-too-distant future. Always. Because when you have that question or fear of eventual doom, you tend to see what is truly of value in this life...in your family and friends...and inside you!

And sometimes, hitting "rock bottom" or "going through the wringer" is the closest experience to "finding God" that many of us will ever have. I've been there...been through it...and financially and in the category of "things"...I have little compared to years ago. But in the end...in truth...I am much happier because of it. Not just happy because I have no choice but to deal with it, but because I know what "tough" is and who (and what) is truly important to me. At least I do now.

Kids today walk around thinking the world will end if they loose their cell phone, or get grounded from TV. I'm sorry to restate such an obvious quote...but..."If I knew then, what I know today"...I would have had much more time to enjoy the important things.

So to anyone concerned, worried, etc. about what maybe occurring around us...TAKE ACTION...but when it comes down to it...embrace what you can not change...and finally see that life wasn't designed to be all about convienence, gadgets, TV and cell phones. Life is so much more than many people will ever realize. And for those who don't experience that...I feel sorry for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There are no better days then tomorrow?

I don't think so!

Starting Saturday I will be spending a week in Disney world!

Woot for me!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The very fact that over 30 humans took the time to read and then star this thread (the OP's post) tells me two things.

1: We have at least 30 mental people on this forum.

and/or

2: The OP lives in a hotel and knows each of his guests.

Wake up people, it's now getting to the stage where people will have just cause, with no come back, for putting us down.

From the OP "even an optimist has a hard time saying that the next 5 years will be a great time for humanity.

"The road has been paved, and we know time is running out"

and then - "Stop letting fear ruin your life, literally"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I wish all the people commenting would read the thread in its entirety and my clarifications. I never once said the world was ending.

But life is changing drastically, people in their 40's, 50's, 60's can remember a large portion of their life where it was fairly 'regular'. Young people today, don't have any real certainty of anything in their future.

More has changed in our countries in the last 10 years, than in the 50 previous. How anyone can deny that we are on the eve of great change, is I feel blissfully ignorant.

Who knows what change we will see, or if it will be better or worse, but things will get worse before they get better. What would happen if your life changed from talking on an internet forum today, to survival tomorrow. Then people would truly understand what they have taken for granted. While they bitched and moaned about everything that's wrong in the world, they let everything that's good in the world pass them by.

Evidence of peoples fear is clear in their super defensive posts attacking each other. I start a thread to lighten people up, and true to ATS nature, the attackers fire all cylinders.

It doesn't matter if you feel the change comes tomorrow, or in 50 years, it doesn't matter if you think the life will end tomorrow or in 1000 years, a wasted day today is still a wasted day.

No one should tell anyone how to live their life, everyone should be on their own pursuit of happiness. Thus, for the 10th time this thread, I am going to repeat that take what you want to hear, and disregard everything that you don't want to hear. I wasn't here attacking anyone, so why attack me? Chill out, relax and live the life you have.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

Has your logo changed

People need to abandon the current system but it's catch 22, there aren't enough people to make it happen. Only a magic "massiah" can make it happen, we need a pied piper, and i ain't talking about obama

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been on this site long enough now to realize there are some very intelligent individuals, as well as some possible crazies... then there are those who are both

I've often wondered what would happen, if instead, of all of us on here spending countless hours reading and typing, had enough ooomph to get out and actually make something happen, a real and lasting positive change in the world instead of talking endlessly about it... what miraculous things could happen.
The end started happening at the beginning... we start to die the moment we are born.
However, there is no past, present or future, right? It's all happening now and I've enjoyed every bit of it.
So it is what it is then... unless we as a species make it otherwise.
Safe journeys.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Go back and read the post you made, the thread you created. Its wrong, It's one of thee most contradictory posts on here. And before you ask, I have already pointed out why.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by spitefulgod

Yea, It was a small linux tux.

Do you hate me? two people are on my 'foe' list and I don't even know who the hell they are.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
yeah i've been able to tell something huge is going to happen for a LONG time now. like for a few years now. but it's kind of driving me nuts waiting! i kind of want it to just happen already, as weird as that might sound. not that i actually want the big thing to happen, but i kind of want to get it over with, if you know what i mean.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
The very fact that over 30 humans took the time to read and then star this thread (the OP's post) tells me two things.

1: We have at least 30 mental people on this forum.

and/or

2: The OP lives in a hotel and knows each of his guests.

Wake up people, it's now getting to the stage where people will have just cause, with no come back, for putting us down.

From the OP "even an optimist has a hard time saying that the next 5 years will be a great time for humanity.

"The road has been paved, and we know time is running out"

and then - "Stop letting fear ruin your life, literally"

Hey man, you're more than welcome not to read the thread.

The people who are truly optimist are blissfully ignorant. But without talking about them, what do you feel is coming? Flowers, lollipops and good times?

The road has been paved, ample evidence shows that TPTB have been in the process of creating the world that we live in for decades. Now it all falls into place, we have 911, and terrorism is born, the destruction of our rights, MSM perverting facts, failing to truly report, and misleading the public into a fear frenzy. PROOF IS THE SWINE FLU, THIS FORUM GOBBLED IT UP, HATS OFF TO MSM, THEIR MACHINE IS WORKING BRILLIANTLY. All these things happen in a planned manner, and as proof of that fact I am putting a public "prediction" out there, and that is that we will see even more intrusive laws, more excessive and wasteful spending, more solidarity and disconnect from our fellow man. And this is all going to be the result of the swine flu. Thats one event.

Look at 911, you can look at all the garbage that has come from that. But, as I am trying to illustrate, these events are happening all the time, and nothing has gotten better. Life was better in 2000 than it is in 2009, and I predict life is going to be much better in 2009, than it is in 2011 when the middle class is extinct.

How can you honestly say that everything is peachy, and we're headed towards better years? The world economy as a whole teeters on destruction, and you feel optimistic about that?

I completely tired of defending a simple statement, not something that was claimed as fact, or theory, it was just a simple statement. And statements are meant to be either listened to, or ignored. DO WHAT YOU WANT, its absolutely your choice.

What I hoped people would understand was that we all take things for granted, things that we can do and have access to now. But we never know what tomorrow will bring, which could be the loss of some of the things we take for granted. So just enjoy life, no matter what. Why attack someone for that message?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There has always seemed to be something to worry about - some impending "big event" on the horizon, as far as I remember.

In the past it was theat of nuclear war with the Soviets, then there's the threat of the New millennium, then GM crops, then terrorism, and now it is 2012.

Relax man, don't believe the hype.

Life is what you make it.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to know if there is a complete list of past 'Big Events' for lack of a better word that have tried to keep the public in panic mode. It reminds me of the excellent BBC Documentary "The Power of Nightmares", which I believe is on You Tube.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Real freedom is freedom from attachments and involvements in the world and directing the spirit within. The world offers little to nothing. Having the mind checked good for all. The cycles will always continue so long as the world exists. The opportunity now is to go inward and to honestly evaluate the world and one's attachments to it for what they really are. Divorcing oneself from the world is augmented by the conditions we see about us. This is a form of grace and is beneficial. Everything is grace and mercy though the selfishness within us sees it differently.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Title of thread - *urgent* Time is running out *urgent* and then you have the cheek to talk about "MSM, THEIR MACHINE IS WORKING BRILLIANTLY"

Originally posted by king9072
optimist has a hard time saying that the next 5 years will be a great time for humanity.

The road has been paved, and we know time is running out. You feel it when you wake up, when your at work, you feel that urgency. You know what I am saying cause you can feel it, you just know things are about to explode.

Stop letting fear ruin your life, literally.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by kinglizard]

Do you see it now? Do you get it?

Your words, no one else.

Do you live in a hotel?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
Title of thread - *urgent* Time is running out *urgent* and then you have the cheek to talk about "MSM, THEIR MACHINE IS WORKING BRILLIANTLY"

Originally posted by king9072
optimist has a hard time saying that the next 5 years will be a great time for humanity.

The road has been paved, and we know time is running out. You feel it when you wake up, when your at work, you feel that urgency. You know what I am saying cause you can feel it, you just know things are about to explode.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by kinglizard]

Do you see it now? Do you get it?

Your words, no one else.

Do you live in a hotel?

I have gotten your point the first second you posted it. You're alluding to the fact that it seems contradictory to say time is running out, and on the other hand to stop letting fear ruin your life. Let me just break it down real simple for you to digest what I was getting at.

Quit wasting your life debating about how your going to die, when nothing can be proven. This is seen 100's of time per week on this forum, as I have brought up several times in this thread, this weeks flavor, is swine flu.

What happens is people spend literally hundreds of hours, feverishly debating and devouring information about it. Instead of enjoying life. What part of that is hard to understand?

This is where other people have put the words in my thread. I never said the end of the world was upon us, or that we faced extinction. What I did say is that change is coming, and things have been continually changing, but cataclysmic change is coming.

The entire point that I have been trying to make, through the entire thread and this page, is to quit taking the life we have for granted.

You never appreciate what you have till its gone.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There are very serious things going on right now and your right all of us feel it. It’s a new century, look back throughout history and you will see it's always an amazing time for transition. Each turn produces some craziness, but great leaders are produced and progress is made. Great wars may come and go famine etc... We will learn and build again.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

... you owe me 5 1/2 minutes of my life back!!!

The check's in the mail, my friend - prepare yourself ...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I can sum it up for you all fairly concisely:

If you live with one foot in yesterday and the other in tomorrow, then you're urinating all over today.

Live each day to the fullest, because tomorrow is clearly out of our control.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by billybobh3]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join