It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*urgent* Time is running out *urgent*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I agree 100% we don't need to be wasting our lives in just one place stuck thinking about the negative future, because if we all really think about it, we all can make earth into paradise just by thinking positive thoughts all the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

"What do I feel, what do I say, in the end it all goes away" SOAD

I think it is crazy that every thing I hold dear, every keepsake, every picture, everything will be in a landfill sooner or later and forgotten about, which is good. It can be traumatic the other way around when you wake up again in a new life, why it is the same frustration you are feeling now.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Eh... need anyone more to say? Im going outside now. Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
I just left from that world and there is nothing there unless you like American Idol, Snuggie Blankies, or High School football.

Have you visited a gas station lately?

COMPLETE CHAOS: There's always someone in the front of the iine with up to 10 individual purchases and only one frustrated cashier on hand. Don't even try to go in a regular store, that will really tick you off, somebody decides to fill their shopping cart with things you didn't know the store sold or ever existed and they pay by check, coupon, credit card, and pennies all for one purchase..

I've had my fill of the other side and so I'll stick with the Deny Ignorance crowd until the doomsday clock rests in peace.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by OrangeJuice]

This is one of the symptoms of what I've been saying about the so called NWO conspiracy. In that there isn't one and the world consists of 20-25% greedy/ignorant/stupid/selfish. They are responsible for all the ills of the world and unfortunately they are now dominating all activity. This has come about because we cannot or the law prevents us from getting rid of these idiots. In the past if somebody screwed up at work they would have been fired. Today the folks at the top get a big fat pay check to go elsewhere (and do the same!!) , the folks at the bottom play the rules game cry and bleat discrimination, persecution etc etc and we all cower.

I bet almost everyone reading this knows of someone I am talking about at their place of work who works slowly (just within the rules), takes sick days (just within the rules) etc etc whilst the rest have to cover for them. We can all see the effects of the greedy bankers who even after getting found out still exclaim that their fat pay checks and obscene pensions are necessary! The religious extremists forever bleating about discrimination whilst those of the same religion have been quietly integrating for years without complaint (I consider this recent obsession with the Hijab in the west part of the same problem, we should be saying sorry I can't see your face so you're not allowed in my shop for security reasons).

Maybe we should invent a name for this : "The 25% AH Syndrome"

No prizes for guessing what AH stands for

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Oh crap,

Probably the cavemen were thinking that time was running out.

We are so busy worrying about this, worrying about that.

Do you know what the most important thing is? It is love. And we should tell the people we love that we love them. Forget about doom and gloom, just get on with it.

Can you honestly say that you tell those people, often enough, that you love them?

We are all coming to an end sometime, some way, so let's just live in the moment.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
what you just said.. is the only truth men Star Star !

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Get outside, enjoy the life that's left, and seize the day. Make sure to love those you care about, and share moments that will last forever. Stop letting fear ruin your life, literally.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by kinglizard]

Dude, I've been recognising this for some time now. I have literally been saying that i that time is running out, fast, and it's an overwhelming sense that creeps up on me from time to time. But it's like i'm stuck in this same old routine i can't seem to deviate from, like a rut i'm stuck in. I don't know where to start in all of this...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is such a bad thread.

Don't just "go outside" and enjoy what's left of life..

Don't act like what's happening in the world is inevitable...

This is such a stupid, worthless, defeatist attitude.

How about this: go outside, hand out some DVDs to your neighbours, and we can stop whatever bad things are going to happen in the future.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwocollapse
This is such a bad thread.

Don't just "go outside" and enjoy what's left of life..

Don't act like what's happening in the world is inevitable...

This is such a stupid, worthless, defeatist attitude.

How about this: go outside, hand out some DVDs to your neighbours, and we can stop whatever bad things are going to happen in the future.

I have proven PUBLICLY on this forum that that is just not a reality, and is NOT going to be accomplished. To be caught in a false hope where you feel like you need to be apart stopping something so massive is one the most defeatist mindset one can harbor. Since the fight is one that can't be won by you, no matter how noble or truth seeking you feel you are.

How did I prove that we are simply not able to stop this Juggernaut?

First, by telling everyone why we are continually stomped on, and how we fall into the trap EVERYTIME. The fact is, that it ALL comes back to the media, every single time. People are protected, rather than prosecuted, facts are skewed, rather than stated, companies fascistly manipulate your perception of reality, and if that's not defeatist I don't know what is.

I went into absolutely everything, layed it out for everyone to see in a thread I wrote Mainstream Media - How we are all being bent over and begging for more

No one on this forum seems willing to out the mainstream media, and without doing that every single movement that gains momentum will be systematically ridiculed and discredited. People claim to want to do something about actually making a difference, but no one is willing to turn off MSM and quit letting their lies infiltrate every facet of their life.

Now, the perfect example rears it head as I have said many times in this thread, SWINE FLU, this forum has absolutely DEVOURED the topic. And it's 100% MSM fear mongering.

Thousands of hours have been squandered arguing over just that one topic, but it's just yet another example of how this community operates. And this thread is another perfect example of the pessimistic, defensive, attacks that this forum is famous for. Turn off the news and read. I am done in this thread. Peace to those who got something they liked out of it.

A revolution is coming - a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough - but a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character, we cannot alter its inevitability.

- John F. Kennedy

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Thousands of hours have been squandered arguing over just that one topic, but it's just yet another example of how this community operates. And this thread is another perfect example of the pessimistic, defensive, attacks that this forum is famous for. Turn off the news and read. I am done in this thread. Peace to those who got something they liked out of it.

You haven't proven anything, other than this is a forum full of pretty stupid people.

Try handing out some DVDs and see how the world changes.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwocollapse

You haven't proven anything, other than this is a forum full of pretty stupid people.

Try handing out some DVDs and see how the world changes.

At last, someone worthy of a star.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

As is your post too

Thankfully the world outside my front door is and will remain far seperated from all this fearmongering and panic, it quite simply just does not exist outside of online forums. I bet all the people saying 'end of the world this' and 'end of the world that' are the same ones who are saying Swine flu was planeed by goverments to thin the herd, come on people just wake up and smell the sewerage that is life and then deal with it..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by InfaRedMan

To know that you find it advisable to bring suit against someone, even in theory, for attempting to be positive doesn't have to be dramatic, unless you consider disgust dramatic, then I'll agree.

It appears you are having serious comprehension issues with my post. I'll state again for those who are struggling with the concept...

I take no issue with the life affirming 'enjoy your life, live for the day' stuff, however I do take issue with 'the end is nigh' stuff and even more so to anyone who would dare share that in an educational forum with other peoples children. Especially without consent of the parents.

Again it appears you have made the false assumption that I serve state sponsored drivel to students. Unless you know this for sure, (which you don't), I suggest you refrain from making such assertions because you are invariably wrong. End of story!

Now I think thats as simple as I can make it without resorting to 'ABC' blocks.

IRM

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Then apparently you are the one who has a problem with comprehension and not me. Most pointedly with euphemisms.

His "end is nigh" speech had nothing at all to do with cataclysmic events, but was symbolic. Anyone with a modicum of intellect could understand that. Perhaps if you put more thought into someone's reasoning AND context of thought as opposed to instantaneously defying it, you would see it for what it is too. Part of the teaching and learning experience is to look at ALL possibilities (even within someone's written word) and THAT is what you would have stifled by "bringing suit" in this instance; lest we forget that ALSO hearing something we SHOULDNT be hearing may be a better tool for education than hearing what we should be.

Please don't flatter yourself (nor mislead others) by assuming I can't comprehend your rudimentary attempt at a jab to my intellect, I understand you perfectly...it's not that difficult.

AB1

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yep thats what I am doing. Enjoying life!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Every person has a start and an end date to their life, no one lives forever, so you live your life don't worry about your own enevitable demise, just keep living every day just like the one before. Just try to make sure you have fun along the ride that is life.

In essence, you live, you die, there is no way around it.

If everyone suddenly became immortal, without at the same time having no more children being born as well, this planet would become even more cramped even faster.

The only way to become imortal is to have kids, instill your ideas, ideals, and philosophies in them, they will combine it with their own and pass it along to their kids, etc, and in a way you will be imortal, until the chain of your family is broken. Even then if any stories were passed along of your family to your ancesters friends, you could still enjoy that imortality. Ok maybee not enjoy, you will be dead afterall, uness you believe in the eternal spirit or something similar, and in that case you never stp existing, and you are imortal, which should make you dread your eventual demise even less.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

So... you can attack me on page one... however when I make a rebuttal, you cry about it and start hand waving at my self esteem for doing so? LOL! This is a classic example of someone who can dish it but can't take it. Get over it AB1!

Do you want a tissue?

Meh!

IRM

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I feel the fear and urgency in the general tone of the world. I also feel like possibly once I could have made a difference. Now I feel like my children as to be trusted to make the right choices and do the right thing because ... well my generation didn’t... I sometimes look back fondly on the brighter days of my generation and realize we did this to ourselves and now it is our children that will have to suffer for it.
I think that the government knew a long time ago that this was coming and did nothing to stop it or even let the average citizen know what the end result was going to be.
There are highly paid government "think tanks" that are paid to do nothing but think for us so we don’t have to. Why think about what is going to happen in ten or twenty years when the bigger problem is Johnny needs shoes and oh my god is the mortgage due again?
The global environment is changing no doubt about that. It is a pity that now a family making $50k a year has to move out of the $1.4 million dollar house. The immigrants that come to America work for their sons dry cleaning business for two years putting the plastic on hangers then are eligible for social security retirement are now unable to afford the Lexus.
There is change coming but not as you think the change that is coming is people are starting to wake up and see that the government is simply wasting money on pet projects and dictating the media to influence spending and creating diversionary panic however they can.
the end result will be unfortunately anarchy in the streets. Because now people are thinking and lets face it… Just plain sick of having the government dictate what they eat, what they wear, and how they think through the media.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by w7en-us

What is with the panic tone in this post?

We have known for a long time, centuries even that we as humans destroy the world around us, it is how we make our "civilization" grow and blossem. If we did not destroy the forests, many cities and towns we live in would not be standing now. This almost sterile environment that we live in would not be around us. Yes you say not all live in a sterile environment, what about the homless guy on the street? Well these homless people even live in a more sterile environment than they would had we not destroyed the forests and plains in order to create the city streets they live on. The would be on grass covered dirt, so yes even their envirnment is more sterile.

I know it sounds as though i am saying all of this destruction is a good thing, well, I am not, just stating facts. Unfortunately not many would be willing to go back to the days of living without everything we have these days. I know in talking to my wife she couldn't and yet she complains about what we have done to our environment. I have no qulams about living in a portable home, tent or the like and living off the land, but because I can't get my wife to do so as well, I will not. The nomadic indigionous americans had the right idea, move from place to place never taking more than you need and allow the land to recover from your preseance there.

So since we don't plan on taking our "civilization" backwards, we should just live the life we have and strive to make some mends to this earth fro future generations and hope they too learn from past mistakes and continue to make mends with our planet so that the Symbiotic nature can continue between humans, the earth and the animals around us.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Step 1 : search a solution to the economic kaboom.
Step 2 : as a solution, spread some virus in a poor country.
Step 3 : enjoy the economy improving, due to frightened, compulsive buyers.
Step 4 : watch the virus having fun in the stores and malls.
Step 5 : embark 3.4 million* corpses in some trains.

*based upon, and proportioned to the 1918 Great Flu.
Please note that, although hygiene and drugs are more efficient today,
so are the viruses.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join