It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 479
<< 476  477  478    480  481  482 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

It's the moon. I've explain why in my prediction on Dec 29 th 2009.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's an experiment to show you how the swarms behave.

www.youtube.com...

Scientists are now understanding that the moon can cause swarm earthquakes.

Blame it on the moon.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
when we need to worry is when these quakes are like over 4 , ya its about time a swarm happened ....

two nights ago i dreamted that long valley blew her top . .....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Need a few more before I think we can call it a swarm. I think that those involved last year are just pricking up their ears, despite the fact the quakes are small at the moment, because of recent big quake activity elsewhere in the world and, yes, I aqree, the moon has its part to play. Convergence of events

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
when we need to worry is when these quakes are like over 4 , ya its about time a swarm happened ....

anything you recently watched that might have prompted such a dream?
with the recent uptic in activity, moon related or not,.. its concerning

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

you mean other then my volcano earthquake obsession you mean ? nah dont think so .

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

I don't ever take my dreams lightly when they signify something big. I have seen planes crash a few times. now I keep a log of them. .yours might be useful some day.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Many less earthquakes than these are required for a series of earthquakes in a short period of time to be called "swarm". On the July 2009 monthly update, YVO defined "swarm" a series of 25 earthquakes.

You can verify here:
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Many less earthquakes than these are required for a series of earthquakes in a short period of time to be called "swarm". On the July 2009 monthly update, YVO defined "swarm" a series of 25 earthquakes.

You can verify here:
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

I've only seen 5 register today though, nowhere near 25!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Many dozens earthquakes actually occurred, but they haven't yet been added to the official list by YVO seismologists. They will be probably added over the next few days after they have been reviewed and cataloged. Bigger ones (usually M2.5+) are instead automatically added as they occur.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by MoorfNZ

Many dozens earthquakes actually occurred, but they haven't yet been added to the official list by YVO seismologists. They will be probably added over the next few days after they have been reviewed and cataloged. Bigger ones (usually M2.5+) are instead automatically added as they occur.

Within what time-frame? Obviously all under 2.5.

Usually I had considered it "chatter" the usual Yellowstone rumblings when they are 2.0 and under... only tend to start taking notice when 2.0+ and in swarms. But I'm no expert

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

Within 3-4 days, but sometimes more. Yes, most of them are probably well under M2.5.

Usually I had considered it "chatter" the usual Yellowstone rumblings when they are 2.0 and under... only tend to start taking notice when 2.0+ and in swarms. But I'm no expert

YVO usually counts even earthquakes in the 0.x magnitude range, so it's only a matter of time before they are added.
Such earthquakes are normal, but lately not very frequent.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
www.quake.utah.edu...

So this list is yet to be updated - but only with quakes 2.5 or less? Even though some of 2.5 and less are already on the list?

Unless there's some serious amount of data to add with lots of 2.0's I still wouldn't call this an event.. yet...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Within 3-4 days, but sometimes more. Yes, most of them are probably well under M2.5.

YVO usually counts even earthquakes in the 0.x magnitude range, so it's only a matter of time before they are added.
Such earthquakes are normal, but lately not very frequent.

Thanks for that info

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

www.quake.utah.edu...

So this list is yet to be updated - but only with quakes 2.5 or less? Even though some of 2.5 and less are already on the list?

This one is for Yellowstone only: www.seis.utah.edu...

Earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 or more are immediately and automatically added, then reviewed within not much time (usually one hour or less). Smaller ones are added only after they have been reviewed twice, and clicking on them will show in bold "Version #2: This report supersedes any earlier reports of this event. This event has been reviewed by a seismologist." or something similar. This often does not happen before 3 or 4 days since the earthquake occurred.

Unless there's some serious amount of data to add with lots of 2.0's I still wouldn't call this an event.. yet...

There are, as a result of this swarm, many earthquakes in the 1.0-2.3 range to be added. Right now you don't see many small earthquakes in the list because activity has been rather low... until now.

By the way, an M2.6-2.7 earthquake appears to have occurred right now as I'm writing.

EDIT: probably bigger

[edit on 2010-1-17 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

I dreamt last tuesday that yellowstone blew its complete and total top and we could see it partially from australia.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Got a 3.0 in Baja/Mexico - that's all...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Another one, probably M2.8 just occurred.
Just when I thought this swarm was going to calm down

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Another one, probably M2.8 just occurred.
Just when I thought this swarm was going to calm down

Interesting! You using Gee/eQuake or watching seismographs?

(EDIT: as I typed that it showed up on eQuake lol)

Looking forward to seeing the updated list- is it a holiday in USA today (as in today here - Monday!).

[edit on 17-1-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

I use GEE with many Yellowstone seismic stations monitored, and also keep an eye on the University of Utah YMR station webicorder, which happens to be very close to these earthquakes: quake.utah.edu...

EDIT: for the last one, USGS is listing M3.7, but I think they got it wrong. It can't be that big.

MAP 3.7 2010/01/18 02:50:19 44.565 -110.966 9.4 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING

[edit on 2010-1-17 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Might have to crank up GEE again - forgotten how to use it most efficiently as haven't bothered since last year!

Just relying on the Utah site and eQuake at the moment.

Living in one of the big quake zones - New Zealand - it's been eerily quiet here recently in terms of activity so also watching Pacific & Australian plates closely!

top topics

<< 476  477  478    480  481  482 >>

join