It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 452
<< 449  450  451    453  454  455 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hello out there????

Things are picking up...no time to slack off!!!

Lets see some discussion of action around our YS!!!

quake.utah.edu...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
quake.utah.edu...

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It seems the Yellowstone Caldera is responding to geologic activity in other parts of the world right now. Any dynamic activity of its own seems subdued to me.
We need to watch the upheaval of the land and temperature and volume of the water leaving the park. I believe RobinMarks pointed this out clearly.
It will be very interesting to see if the recent activity in the western states norhtern and southern coastal regions has any dangerous affect on Yellowstone. I believe a hydrothermal event is possible in the near future, and that's an opinion I get mostly from all the great info posted here.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

yeah iv been watching YS but intil i see a huge rise in sesmic activity id keep quite on it /

im just not that bored yet . but ill let you know.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
Uh so is this not normal then? I go to college right next to the thing! Now I really don't want to go back there after break.

Don't bother not going back to school, IF IT ERUPTS WHILE YOU ARE IN CHINA YOU ARE JUST AS DEAD!

Seriously, if that erupts before we get living another planet all humanity is dead.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by I_AM_that_I_AM

Seriously, if that erupts before we get living another planet all humanity is dead.

Easy now, it does not necessarity mean that. Humanity has survived that sort of thing before.

The intersting thing is that the GPS is still showing rising at the North of the lake. She gonna blow baby! (Well sometime in the next 1000 years or so)

Hx3, we are still here but my you have been busy on the other thread!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Star 4 U!

I'm trying to stay up on all the action!

I'm just wondering if some of those ~M4's along the JDF might get YS Jiggley...

Also keeping an eye on local surrounding activity...

ANSS Intermountain West Region Special Map
quake.utah.edu...

Seems Montana, Idaho & Utah are getting some transfer of energy along the range there...

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Probably huge eruptions, and Etna in Italy and everywhere - huge earthquakes as well.

No surprise really - we have been warned by the Italy quakes.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I think the likelyhood of that scene is really low. More likely some steam will blow a chunk of earth out and make a dramatic display. Not life threatening to the majority of us. The hot spot under YS is pretty stabil right now. The water in the ground, moving up down, in and out is another thing!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Theriteway

Temperature, water, degrees Celsius
Most recent instantaneous value: 26.8 04-11-2009 16:30

waterdata.usgs.gov...

Looks to be rising temp to me. That's 80 degrees F by the way.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theriteway

I think the likelyhood of that scene is really low. More likely some steam will blow a chunk of earth out and make a dramatic display. Not life threatening to the majority of us. The hot spot under YS is pretty stabil right now. The water in the ground, moving up down, in and out is another thing!

You think...? Well, that makes me feel better... the water is hot because it is going to blow steam. And if it blows lava...well, you never claimed it you were sure about it, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just wanted to say, that... yeah... Reading all the posts might take a long time, but it might be a good idea before you reiterate conversations that have already happened; such as the water temperature. (Which has been pointed out that it's been hotter previously, and what-not.)

It would take quite a while, but it's well worth it. You have some of the deepest thinking minds coming together (not including myself since I've only contributed a post here or there. lol) But, I have learned a lot and also know when certain assumptions that were brought up (again, like water temperatures) have already been explained.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ekhodust

Seems to me some people are worried about eruptions without merit. I was Just pointing out the more likely scenario. Lets not worry obout what has been throughly discussed previously, at great length. eruptions. Rather I thought we would be discussing what is most likely to occur the soonest. I have read the thread too.
I am sorry for asuming too much by writing here. I can obstain in the future. No problem. You have a good thing going on. I'll not butt in.

There hasn't been much activity on this thread recently. I guess I am guilty of trying to get some kind of conversation started again. My compliments to all posting members. I anxiously await the return of your discussions. (silently)

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Theriteway]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Theriteway

Yeah, you make an excellent point. Discussing what the more probable of scenarios is (unlike the one that was up higher freaking out... lol) it'd be kinda cool to discuss what the most likely scenario is at the nearest time. (Of course, we also have to remember, nearest time is on a Geological and not a Human time-scale.)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
After reading with some interest many of these pages in this thread,...

...I am compelled to ask specifically which area's of interest in Yellowstone there is.

I will be visiting Yellowstone for a period fairly soon, and can offer high resolution photographs of any particular area's that you would like to see, for your further analysis.

Give me some specific suggestions, and I will have the time to probably snap off a few shots for anyone for the purpose of this thread.

smirkley

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Check this stuff out

Can Government Scientists Save the Planet by Nuking Yellowstone National Park to Halt Global Warming
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a crazy idea....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Thank you for the offer! I vote the lake!
Maybe you could take some pics around the north end of the lake!
Fishing bridge, etc. We're looking for increased water temps, uplifting,
increasing water flows(more than normal)etc.
While you're there you might try to get as much info as you can
out of the park rangers. See what if any changes they have seen.

I meditated at Indian creek up towards the north side of the park
and it was a very rewarding experience! If you get up that way...
Trust me I dont do that often, but for some reason it kinda drew me in.
Here is the park service website with all kinds of info including maps!
Thanks again! It is a huge and awesome place! Have fun!
www.nps.gov...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Thank you for the offer! I vote the lake!
Maybe you could take some pics around the north end of the lake!
Fishing bridge, etc. We're looking for increased water temps, uplifting,
increasing water flows(more than normal)etc.
While you're there you might try to get as much info as you can
out of the park rangers. See what if any changes they have seen.

I will be staying at the lake for a few days coincidentally. I will see what I can do. It might give me a chance to put to use my new Canon 50D to some better purpose.

I am fortunate enough to go there at least once a year. And Yes, the whole place, even the Teton's,... are breathtaking to say the least.

If anyone here ever gets the chance, even if just for personal appreciation reasons,....... by all means,... GO !!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have a newby suggestion. How about the area around the LKWY Webicorder station? Any buildings near it? Any big trees, stuff like that. That Webicorder has been talked about alot on this thread. I have always wondered what is near it (say, within 1/4 mile), and really, what the station looks like.
Unless of course, I have missed a previous posting with pictures. If so I apoligize in advance.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theriteway

I have a newby suggestion. How about the area around the LKWY Webicorder station? Any buildings near it? Any big trees, stuff like that. That Webicorder has been talked about alot on this thread. I have always wondered what is near it (say, within 1/4 mile), and really, what the station looks like.
Unless of course, I have missed a previous posting with pictures. If so I apoligize in advance.

Unless I missed where it is supposed to be in the park,..

Does anyone have an idea where it is located? Or a linky to a map or google earth coordinates?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by smirkley]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

May I suggest White Lake and the canyon - including, perhaps, any dead vegitation nearby? The station and outbuildings would be great!

top topics

<< 449  450  451    453  454  455 >>

join