It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun in the sky for 36 hours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I know the subject of this thread is a complete impossibility, but I'll be damned if I didn't just have a dream similar to this.

During the entire time I have been a member of ATS, I have never once dreamed about a thread like this.

Spooky.

It was so intense....real...one of those dreams you just can't seem to shake because it seemed so real.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So I've been giving this more thought...

As others in this thread have correctly indicated, anything affecting the rotation of the planet would be catastrophic. Here is an interesting post I found elsewhere that adds a bit of science to the explanation:

The length of the day is determined by the rotation of the Earth around its axis. A short explanation can be found here [1]. In principle the rotation of the Earth is what is driving the changing of day and night. Furthermore, the place on the globe has some influence. If you are close to the Equator, day and night are both around 12 hours across the year. When you go away from the Equator, the fact the Earth's axis is tilted has some influence, making days longer in Summer and shorter in Winter.

What you are describing sounds like a sudden change in day length. The only thing that could cause this is a slow-down and speed-up of the rotation of the Earth (this would also cause tidal waves). However, the amount of energy required for this is massive. We can compute the amount of energy the rotation of the Earth carries by multiplying the inertia of the Earth with the rotation speed squared. The rotation speed of the Earth is equal to 2 pi divided by the day length, or roughly 7.29x10- 5. The moment of inertia of the Earth is computed using the input from [2] and the calculation in [3]. This gives a number of 9.7x1031 assuming the Earth is uniform. In reality, the core is relatively more dense, so the number is slightly lower. Nonetheless, the total amount of energy stored in the rotation of the Earth is 3.76x1024J. This is the energy of 100 billion hydrogen bombs. The only thing that could significantly slow the rotation of the Earth fast is either the Moon being knocked out of orbit or a massive asteroid impact. Either effect would be permanent, unless an equal size and opposite event would happen. Given that this would devastate humanity, and no such devastation is recorded in the annals of history, I would tend to think no such event happened in 1057.

Link

I think it's safe to assume something like that has not happened before, nor will anything like it likely happen on the 17th.

But something about the cyclical implication of the source post made me think of another possibility...

Interstellar objects.

To create the impression of an extended day on one side of the planet and an extended night on the other, you would need two or more objects approaching the earth on both sides. To solve the 'detection' issue in advance of the event, I'd assume an approach from either direction of the North/South polar axis. With the right rate and trajectory, I could see the near side object blocking the sun and the far side object luminescing with intensity sufficient to create the impression of daylight.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I know the subject of this thread is a complete impossibility, but I'll be damned if I didn't just have a dream similar to this.

During the entire time I have been a member of ATS, I have never once dreamed about a thread like this.

Even I didnt expect this kind of text message from my friend.

And for the update, I have received this same text message from all my friends, you must note what I say all, and when I ask them about the source, they simply say it is a forward, the reason why I posted it is to clarify if anyone is getting these kind of messages on their mobiles

[edit on 5/10/08 by peacejet]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
So I've been giving this more thought...

I think it's safe to assume something like that has not happened before, nor will anything like it likely happen on the 17th.

But something about the cyclical implication of the source post made me think of another possibility...

Interstellar objects.

To create the impression of an extended day on one side of the planet and an extended night on the other, you would need two or more objects approaching the earth on both sides. To solve the 'detection' issue in advance of the event, I'd assume an approach from either direction of the North/South polar axis. With the right rate and trajectory, I could see the near side object blocking the sun and the far side object luminescing with intensity sufficient to create the impression of daylight.

Thoughts anyone?

I see the point that you are trying to say, but if there were any interstellar objects like that, it should have been visible in the night sky now based on the date of the predicted occurence, and even if the objects blocked the sun creating darkness on one side and luminescing the other, as the earth rotated, it would have automatically created a sun rise and sun set as we see every day, the only consequence, that the time of rise and set will be different.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
this has happened before around 700 bc. at the time of Joshua when they were fighting with Amorites. The sun stood still for 23 hours and 20 minutes.

Joshua's Long Day
Joshua 10
12 "Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, sun stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, moon upon Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel."

NASA states on their web site: "According to the laws of physics, there are only two possible explanations for having the Sun stand still in the sky for a day: (1) the Earth would essentially have to stop spinning on its axis...for which there is no evidence. -or- (2) the Sun would have to start moving about in the solar system in a very specific way so that it appeared to us on our spinning Earth to be standing still. There is no evidence of this occurring either." I theorize the sun moved on Joshua's long day. - This is not the missing day story - You will read here of plenty of evidence of this occurring. In the summer of 1999 it occurred to me if the sun moved halfway around the earth, earth would continue moving in orbit. While I was demonstrating this to my wife it occurred to me earth would continue moving but now in reverse and where did I read of that? From James Legge in the Chinese Classics: "But the vernal mansions go to the west and the autumnal ones to the east, reversing the previous directions of these two seasons, and in opposition to the prevailing notion of the Chinese that the spring belongs to the east." Where the sun appears to move through the year like it does through the day from east to west - only in a reverse orbit and exactly like this reverse orbit. Where the sun moved from Aquarius to Virgo just before the vernal equinox, thus the vernal and autumnal mansions were reversed. The reverse orbit for Joseph/Yao in 2357 BC was like the reverse orbit of Joshua in 1238 BC.

The "Missing Day" Story

Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been called myth in the Bible is true? Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore Maryland and a consultant in the space program, relates the following development:

I think one of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where they would be 100 years and 1000 years from now.. We have to know this so we won't send a satellite, up and have it bump into something later on during its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite, and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down..

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards. They called in the service department to check it out and they said what's wrong?

Well they found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, You know, one time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing still. While they didn't believe him,they didn't have an answer either, so they said, Show us. He got a Bible and went back to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with common sense.

There they found the Lord saying to Joshua, Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee. Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right---The sun stood still and the moon stayed---and hasted not to go down about a whole day!

The astronauts and scientists said, There is the missing day! They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes---not a whole day. They read the Bible and there it was about (approximately) a day.

These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you'll still be in trouble 1000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits..

As the Christian employee thought about it, remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went backwards. The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees? Hezekiah said, It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees. Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees backward! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe!

Isn't it amazing? Our God is rubbing their noses in His Truth! References:
Joshua 10:8 and 12,13
2 Kings 20:9-11

The reference to the sun's shadow decending backwards probably was the Hebrew word for Mahaleh for ascending as well. Then the reference should be Judges 8:13 when Gideon returned before the sun was up, before the sun ascended, to correct for this 40 minutes.

Joshua's long day Blog

If the earth stopped or reversed its rotation, the problems are immense. If the earth stopped rotating for 24 hours there would be 24 hours of missing time. If the sun revolved around the earth 360° there would again be 24 hours of missing time. If the sun moved halfway around the earth in a series of 4 sun miracles there would be no net missing time. No evidence left.
If the sun moved not 360° but 180° the seasons would change. Earth would flow into a reverse orbit of the sun and must shift on its axis to keep in the same season, unless on the vernal or autumn equinox. If the sun moved 180° east February 25 1238 BC to stand still at noon in the sky for Joshua for 12 hours earth would flow into a reverse orbit and need to shift, turn 70° clockwise on the vertical not the pole, to keep in the same season. This shift would be less than stopping the earth's rotation and starting it again. Orbital Variations and Insolation Database (search and read up on it under "orbital variations" or "insolation database") show the seasons and the sun's intensity did not change. This model leaves no evidence. Earth must orbit the same distance from the sun in the same elliptical orbit it would have. Earth must rotate exacly as it would have. The sun's gravity makes earth rotate. Thus earth must have been carefully managed to leave no biological trace. Each day must be 8 minutes shorter than it would have in a reverse orbit because earth must be sped up 2 days, 48 hours, a year to keep 365.24 days a year because rotation is against orbit. The daily amount of heat radiation from the sun must have been adjusted to leave no biological trace in this 8 minutes less a day, 4 minutes less daylight a day. If NASA is saying there is no trace, no physical evidence the sun moved, they are probably right. However, NASA may be saying there is no evidence whatsoever of the sun being moved around the earth. Then the abundance of evidence documented on this web page directly contradicts that statement. If the sun moved to the other side of the earth, earth's forward momentum would carry earth into a reverse orbit of the sun. Earth must match its elliptical orbit in reverse perfectly. Earth almost certainly could not be left to itself. The reverse orbit must have been very skillfully managed to keep the sun's same seasonal intensity, as it would have had, throughout the year at the same time speeding up the yearly orbit 48 hours to keep the 365 days in a year because rotations are against orbit. The "severed leg of the bull" in ancient Egyptian and Sumerian history confirms this axis shift. If the sun moved earth must flow into a reverse orbit. This answers both concerns: Earth is rotating at 1,000 mph at the equator and rushing at 70,000 mph around the sun. You will read here of many reverse zodiacs/orbits. The evidence on this page is reliable. This is not speculation. There is no other way. If God went to the effort to move the sun around the earth he must know he cannot make the sun stand still in the sky by stopping earth's rotation. If God knows there is no other way, there is no other way.

Genesis 8:22 "While earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."
We can see God kept all these promises at the same time moving the sun around the earth and shifting the earth to keep it in the same season. Moving the sun around the earth at the same distance means there would be no change to earth. Day and night depended on where the sun was and seeing earth continued to rotate day and night continued. Day was when the sun appeared. Thus if the sun moved 180° east generally day/night was 12 hours longer or if the sun moved 180° west day/night was 12 hours shorter. Earth continued to rotate exactly as it would have.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Lets see my friends what happend next .........I'm really confused about this issue....time will b proved everything.../shahin

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I accept your point regarding this in the bible, it would have defenitely occured in the past, the question is whether it would occur on october 17th and is there any evidence for it occuring.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I don't think anyone could dismiss it so easily when you think outside of the box. It is nearly impossible for a person to consider all possibilities and account for all variables. Just when we think we have it nailed down, someone comes along and says something that makes us all say "Crap! I hadn't thought of that." I also say this due to the fact that our understanding of the Universe changes almost daily and not everyone is kept up to speed.

Simply stated, it could all be a relative observational issue.

Last year in December there was a paper that suggested that the Universe is not accelerating away as we all have been told. It may appear to be doing so, but when you look at it in a different way, you can also posit that time is actually slowing down. So here on Earth, it would look like everything was speeding away from us at faster and faster speeds, when it is actually moving away at a constant speed.

That brings us to time itself in this hypothetical scenario. Before I begin, this is pure conjecture and in no way suggests that the posited scenario will occur, merely that it would be indeed possible.

If time was not a constant field, perhaps time could slow down or speed up depending of the density of the time field (or whatever controls the flow of time). If the Earth were to move inside of one of these pockets as it travels through the galaxy, it would make sense that if the pocket was smaller than the Earth, as one part of the Earth moved through it, it would look like time was slowing down. Since a portion of the Earth would still be outside of this pocket, the side that was in it would seem slower or faster, depending on density. To some it would seem as if time stretched and to others, nothing would have seemed abnormal at all.

If the anomoly was larger than the Earth yet smaller than one Astronomical Unit, it could indeed look like the Sun took longer than 12 hours to cross the sky.

Perhaps there are not many of these pockets for such a phenomena to occur every decade, but rather enough for it to happen every millennia or two.

It seems to me that such a possibility is not really that much of a stretch. This would also account as to why during this time, no mass extinctions or geologic catastrophes coincide with their occurence.

Once again, just a thought outside of the box. I am no longer so eager to discount theories merely because they are unpopular.

The Universe is more exciting than we could possible imagine.

xmibx

[edit on 7-10-2008 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I only read the first page of this thread, but...
That's really not possible to happen, there is no cause for that, and if it were indeed true, we would notice so in the length of our days (they have not been out of play at all).

So the only option left where evidence would be needed is axis spinning, but that also can be proven not true because if it were then in fact we would be seeing parts of the sky we wouldn't normally see (certain ones of us anyway).

The only place this can happen -- 36 hours night or day is in and near the arctic circle.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet ... "Coming October 17, the sun will rise continuously for 36 hours(1.5days) in this time the US countries will be dark for 1.5 days. It will convert 3 days into 2 big days. It will happen once in 2400 years. We are lucky to see it, dont miss it, have a miracle day." ...

Going by appearances, the sun rises continually 24/7 as the Earth rotates.
From that point of view the sun never stops rising.

Going by facts, the sun never rises. It merely seems that way because Earth rotates as it circles the sun.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Going by facts, the sun never rises. It merely seems that way because Earth rotates as it circles the sun.

Read the post once again, you have missed the most important poin in that,

in this time the US countries will be dark for 1.5 days. It will convert 3 days into 2 big days.

That's what I am asking about.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
The only place this can happen -- 36 hours night or day is in and near the arctic circle.

Well yes, I accept that the arctic and the antarctic region will be in continuous sunlight and darkenss in the times of summer and winter, but judging from the information given in the text message, it is not limited to the arctic region alone, it seems to be a worldwide phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

Simply stated, it could all be a relative observational issue.

Last year in December there was a paper that suggested that the Universe is not accelerating away as we all have been told. It may appear to be doing so, but when you look at it in a different way, you can also posit that time is actually slowing down. So here on Earth, it would look like everything was speeding away from us at faster and faster speeds, when it is actually moving away at a constant speed.

If the anomoly was larger than the Earth yet smaller than one Astronomical Unit, it could indeed look like the Sun took longer than 12 hours to cross the sky.

Once again, just a thought outside of the box. I am no longer so eager to discount theories merely because they are unpopular.

The Universe is more exciting than we could possible imagine.

xmibx

[edit on 7-10-2008 by xman_in_blackx]

Yes, I accept your opinion regarding this, there are lots of amazing wonders in the universe, and what you are saying is quite possible, considering the face that the space-time can be twisted/warped, if the earth hit such an area of space-time, then we would see time slowing down and the sun in the sky continuously

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Cannot happen, unless you chase the horizon.

The Earth is constantly rotating.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
These type of rumours are often started by telecom commanies themselves in order to drive up their SMS revenues

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join