It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun in the sky for 36 hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well, let's wait for Oct 17 I guess. Then we'll really know if it is possible. Maybe there are some other links somewhere that describe such an event?

Troy

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
rotation has nothing to do with gravity.
Earth pulls you down because its really, really big! Its so big whole nations and continents find room on it
The rotation actually generates a centripetal force that points in the other direction as gravity, but its weaker than gravity and you dont fly of into space. Rotation stops and you fly even less into space.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It is feasable if the earth was in the upward cycle of its orbitale wobble
witch is due to complete in 2012

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
reply to post by red 5

Yes, you are correct probably a practical joke, just to make me angry

Is that all it takes to "make" you angry?

The plausibility of a freakish occurrence such as what you heard, nth-hand is, while certainly not impossible, so outrageously improbable that it defies anything remotely related to reason. Then again, all...anything is possible, right?

October 17th is the day before my birthday. Also the day that Oliver Stone's new film, "W.", about you-know-who, is released in the US. What a week it'll be if the earth's rotation slows...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Herodotus

In receiving the oral history of the ancient Egyptians during his visit in the 5th century BC, Herodotus was told, “four times in this period (historical ages), the sun rose contrary to his wont; twice he rose where he now sets, and twice he sets where he now rises.”

i dont think its impossible if this can happen also

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually one of my friend's in india also got this text msg. And we came to the conclusion that if india has a long day (as the msg says), does it mean that US is going to be dark. I mean, anyone planning an attack on US's power generators.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I hate to say it but it looks like you may have been had. You had me curious, so I did a bit of a look around, and found references to this happening in october 2005 and 2007 as well. It is probably an annual thing like the afore mentioned Mars phenominon.

At least this isn't in Skunk works...yet...or there would be cries of "It is because of Nibiru" or "This won't happen till 2012..."

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So, Either its not going to happen, or no one will be there to see the 36th hour of that day.....

I think this message originated in DC Universe. People are getting creative day by day.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It said this will happen in US countries?

What the heck is US countries. I know of one US country.. United States of America.

That's it. If it effected the US, what about Canada and Mexico?

Weak post.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

ha ha ..........
so funny cant u think.............dat if such thing will happen den all of us will split out of d world..............due 2 inertia of motion..............n nothin will survive in d earth surface...............so it cant b possible 2400 yrs b4 too

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I know that this is impossible. I cannot find any reference to it on the internet. Not even Snopes. So I wonder if it is something else... if it is maybe some kind of warning. Like 9/11/2001. The sun will shine for 36 hours...maybe a nuclear war....somebody's idea of a joke or an internet scare tactic...who knows....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
The earth would have to slow for that to happen.

Not possible dude, sorry.

Either that or seriously alter it's axis!! either way not very likely save for a massive impact, then a bit of extra daylight wont be what's bothering you!

To the OP, load of codswallop.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join