It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun in the sky for 36 hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Get your astronomy right. EM energy rotating the earth ?? your knowledge is as good as the rumor.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
All those who are educated are aware of it that this thing is not going to happen. Anyway, there is a chance of this being an ADVERTISEMENT of some film or some products and may be the idea of a genius advertiser. There is a practice of doing like this before launching an entirely new thing. Please be patient and wait. Don't bother about rubbish news. If it is right let it happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yes this is true please see this site for proof and more details !!!!

www.cafebpo.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The closest to this so-called event, is Midnight Sun.

Wikipedia

The midnight sun is a phenomenon occurring in latitudes north and nearby to the south of the Arctic Circle and south and nearby to the north of the Antarctic Circle where the sun remains visible at the local midnight. Given fair weather, the sun is visible for a continuous 24 hours, mostly north of the Arctic Circle and south of the Antarctic Circle. The number of days per year with potential midnight sun increases the further poleward one goes.

But other then that, something really cathastrophic would have to happen in order for the sun to remain in the sky for 36 hours.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

lets see this stuff happening on 17th if it is a false this we know whts gone happenen on this posting

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

There is no Vaid Prove. yet came reg the information.
Only people are making discussion...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

hi it was a highly shocking moment when i heard u saying this kind of joke. ????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

DO YOU KNOW SOMEBODY HAVE FORWARDED ME MAIL FOR 36 HOURS DAY ON 10TH OCT 2008 FOR US CONTINENT, AND YOUR WEBSITE IS SHOWING ON 17 OCT 2008, I REALLY DON'T BELEIVE IT, MAY BE IS JOKE OF THE YEAR=R.ROCHLANI, JAMAICA

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
& haven't you noticed time slowing down as well? Dec. 21, 2012 i heard time as we know & acknowledge will cease.... will we exist & still perceive?.... a better question... is are your chakras prepared... mmmm...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
me to got this mail

some body says it happens after 2000 years or somebody says after 2400 years

for this either sun speed should be slow or earth speed should go slow. but I think it is impossible.

lets see its fun or joke or real

Hiiiiiiiii,
Coming October 17, 2008 the sun will rise continuously for 36 hrs (1.5 days). During this time the US countries will be dark for 1.5 days.

It will convert 3 days into 2 big days. It will happen once in 2400 yrs. We're very lucky to see this. Forward it to all your friends

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i don't think it's true.....Any way let see

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

hey its may be true because i have heard from my friends also

and i browsed through net

most of them are saying its going to be happen

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The further north you go, the longer the days. This may be true near the arctic circle, but not for the US, other than Alaska. And it certainly does not happen just over two to three days. Arctic days and nights are gradual things, lengthening and shortening over the course of a year. For it to happen just for the day, the Earth would need to slow down its rate of spin. Not possible for a body as massive as the Earth, without destroying itself as the energy from angular momentum changes so abruptly.
Clearly a ridiculous notion.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Puzzling how your text... is the exact same format, wording, and character placement of every message about this. They all say (in the exact same way) ... "October 17, 2008 the sun will rise continuously for 36 hrs(1.5 days). During this time the US countries will be dark for 1.5 days. It will convert 3 days into 2 big days."

Why can't anyone find a post that DOESN'T have this exact wording? Hmm... sounds like a hoax.

Can you find (and share) a reputable website to support this?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

well,let us wait what will happen on that day

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Shame I can't find this website again. It showed that something like this is possible and also mentioned that 2000 something cycle. Anyway, all I remember is this.

Our solar system is rotating around the sun (heliocentric). But there is this other theory. Our solarsystem is rotating around the earth (geocentric). It's not far fetched as all space missions use the geocentric system to calculate navigation, etc.

Now imagine all the planets and the sun rotate around the earth. Looks strange, but it is possible. Now for some physical reason it behaves like a wind-up toy. At one stage it needs to reverse again.

So that 2 days of sun could be the turning point. Anyway, it was an intresting read and I try to find it again. Will be back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join