It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ends cooperation with UN nuclear arms probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
First of all nukes are wussy, one bomb takes out the whole country, what kind of war is that, ridiculous...

They should stop beating around the bush and just take iran out with some good old military action, if they really want to go to battle they should stop whining about this and that and just do it already, they make themselves look like idiots all talk and no game... jeeze

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Why would I do that WhatTheory?
Nothing said will be enlightening to you sense your mind is made up, then while you use the "I only work with what you give me tactic" to slam people with insults right out of the gate well that would be foolish to say the least.

No,.. I think you have made your self quite clear and rather than resorting to petty insults and smart ass comments to slant arguments my way so childishly I'll just say have a nice day.
If a nuclear war happened I guess I would still share my food with you.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Aw, thanks!
You are alright but I think if one nuclear bomb gets dropped, plenty more will follow and I'm afraid probably neither one of us will survive. Darn, just when we were becoming friends.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That's exactly right. If it came down to the REAL interests being protected when the nukes start flying some very interesting hardware will be rolled out SELECTIVELY of course.

I believe Iran already has nukes and maybe at the time of gulf war 1 they were acquired especially during the Yugoslavia distraction. I'd say the many that have been noted as missing from the USSR have arrived SOMEWHERE and at a significant discount.

It would take 5-20 (depending on yield) of them to fry Israel & make it uninhabitable and maybe just 5 or so (any size) to install elsewhere as a "good enough" deterrent as necessary. Iran will eventually say that they don't need to enrich uranium beyond 4-17% (depending on reactor requirements & tech used) as they already have had some "mad money" tucked away peacefully for nearly 2 decades. If I was Israel I would be searching the mosques for large fridge like containers or prefab concrete blocks in the disputed regions. Iran invented chess and that is exactly what I think they are playing.

I hope this is all diffused before summer gets TOO HOT!!!

reply to post by Drewdatt

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Not good,
Heavier sanctions are now on the way.
This will go down hill quickly.

wiredispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yeah they had the heavier sanctions in the works back in May.

House Bill H.362 - Naval Blockade of Iran

If you read down near the bottom of that you will see they are
talking about the full naval blockade of Iran and not allowing in
refined petroleum products.

As odd as that sounds...

But they already knew this was heading this way.

Personally I am more concerned with the Russian Bombers
possibly staging in Cuba with 200 Kilo-ton Stealth Nuclear
Cruise Missile with a possible range of 5,000 km.

But Eh...Cest La Vie, Cest La Mort...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by snowen20

Aw, thanks!
You are alright but I think if one nuclear bomb gets dropped, plenty more will follow and I'm afraid probably neither one of us will survive. Darn, just when we were becoming friends.

There is an article out there called you will survive doomsday.

I have used it to plan my survival as I live outside the damage zone.

www.ki4u.com...

It shows how to stack common objects to give you enough shielding
to protect you from fallout, it makes for some cramped quarters
for a few days though.

If your not in the damage radius you will make it.

If you live close to a military base, you might pay close attention to
the news and when it looks ugly, take some vacation, etc etc.

The hardest part to deal with after the bombs will be the crazed ppl,
and the fallout.

For the crazed ppl problem I picked a very sparsely populated area,
and for fallout I have a fully underground storm shelter because
I live in tornado country.

If I can leave before the bombs go off I have a location far away
from town picked out, and buried cached supplies in a few locations
near deep caves.

If you are creative you can supply yourself pretty well for pretty cheap.

Don't try to use fires to stay warm if their is nuclear winter, get
underground, make a WW2 style covered bunker, whatever.

It is going to be too damn cold, and it will be cooler for a few years.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it coincidence they did the study again in 2007 ?

Good Luck to all !

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
what if bush invades, declares a state of national emergency then declares martial law?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
BREAKING the first report seems to be based in biased and unfounded intrepretation of the situation.

This article states that they infact want to improve the cooperation rather than halter it. Time will tell if they mean it or just drawing out time.

Iran to boost cooperation with IAEA

[edit on 26/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Japan started the war and the U.S. finished it.

Wrong.
America was planning to get into WW2 long before Pearl Harbour happened.

The minute the Germans crossed the Polish border they knew they'd be fighting them in 3 years time.

America was recovering from the Wall Street Crash and Great Depression. The economy was near death. Everyone was out of work, inflation soaring and a national atmosphere of "helplessness".

How would the US fix that?

WAR! Grab a rifle, go to the front, there's your job!
Head off to a factory, make a bomb, there's your job!
Fly a plane, drive a tank, pack ammunition, you get the idea...

Everyone was working again, the industry was booming, money started flowing, the war profits from sales to our Allies and support for them brought in the dough and America was back on it's feet!
Ta-da!

The Japanese didn't start jack, all Pearl Harbour did was give the US the right excuse. If Pearl Harbour never happened, they would have made it happen.
They used Pearl Harbour because it fit in perfectly for a plan that had been in motion for years.

Exactly, since they fired the rocket. You are catching on fast.

So you then you agree, it's perfectly acceptable for Iran to supply proxy armies with weaponry?
Their not harming anyone at all?

Cool, glad we got that sorted. At least something managed to penetrate your dense skull.

reply to post by poet1b

Iran has been at war for a thousand years, aggressively pushing an Islamic agenda.

Oh no...

1. One thousand years ago Iran wasn't even Muslim. It was Zoroastrian until the 7th Century, and only became Muslim thanks to an Arab invasion and occupation of hundreds of years.

2. They haven't been pushing anything you misbegotten fool.
The Iranians became Muslim because they had no choice, the Arabs forced it onto them with a sword. They've hated the dominance they've had over them an Islam.
They seek to eliminate it, not spread it even more.
Who are they pushing their so called "Islamic Agenda" onto anyway? Neighbouring Muslims?

Ahmadinejad is trying to convert Muslims to Muslims is that what your telling me?

3. Iran is Shiite, the rest of the Muslim world is Sunni.
Sunnis don't even see Shiites as legitimate Muslims, hence why their getting slaughtered in Iraq.

They don't consider them brothers at all. Why would any Islamic country accept Shiites views and influence?

It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think your an idiot rather than to open it and remove all doubt.

and the Nuclear genie can't be put back into the bottle

Well thanks for opening the can of worms America now we can all share them around.

As long Israel snubs the IAEA and tells the world it doesn't have Nukes, Iran can have it's own Nuclear programme.

As long the US has the world's largest stockpile of Nuclear Weapons, mind you the only nation that has used them; Iran can have Nuclear weapons.

As long as other hostile Muslim nations, like Pakistan, who have threatened to use Nukes in the past, have Nuclear weapons, Iran can have Nuclear weapons.

especially an nation with as aggressive of tactics as Iran, from getting the A bomb should be a very high priority.

Right and the Israelis and tree-hugging peaceniks?

"All options are on the table, not only in the future."

www.haaretz.com...

Israel has nothing but love and care to spread to the Middle East as you can see:

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.cbc.ca...
www.amnesty.org...
edition.cnn.com...
www.smh.com.au...

Time to take your BLINDFOLD off.

If you can't see the difference between the U.S. and Iran, you are blind.

Of course I can.
One is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. A seemingly normal guy with a hidden, dangerous agenda that's slowly rearing more and more of it's ugly head.

The other is Al Capone. At least the Iranians don't breach bullsh*t to the world and then commit crimes behind everyone's back.

Which only makes America worse. It's a self-proclaimed beacon of Freedom and Justice in the world and seeks to spread liberty, yet it's committed some of the worst acts the world has seen, supported some of the most evil people in the world and sowed destruction and death on every continent.

I don't see Ahmadinejad going:"I want nothing more than to spread liberty and democracy to all. Iran is a beacon of hope and justice!"

reply to post by Spock Shock

They should stop beating around the bush and just take iran out with some good old military action, if they really want to go to battle they should stop whining about this

Well go ahead Armchair Warrior, lead the charge, we're right behind you Rambo!

Cut out the childish shoving games here, America needs war with Iran like it needs a friggin' meteor shower.

Until you grab a rifle and set into foot into a war zone I would stop advocating war as the only means of conflict resolution.
It really helps to bring out your immaturity.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Wrong.
America was planning to get into WW2 long before Pearl Harbour happened.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion, but it's just that, your opinion.

So you then you agree, it's perfectly acceptable for Iran to supply proxy armies with weaponry?

Sorry, but you are once again being disingenuous.
Your thought process is really twisted or perhaps you intentionally like to link things which don't go together. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

There are 5 people arguing against you and yet you still defend Bush and the government. There is no help for people like you. You remind me of a person that doesn't believe in aliens. I showed him the interview of the astronaut and he still gave idiotic opinions saying that we can't believe him because he is old.

"The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe." -Voltaire

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sorry, but you are once again being disingenuous.
Your thought process is really twisted or perhaps you intentionally like to link things which don't go together. Oh well.

What so when America sponsors terrorists it's perfectly okay but when anyone else does it, it's pure, cold-hearted terrorism?

Your such a lost case and you don't even know it.
This thread is dead anyway, just let it go.

I'm sure we'll be arguing on another Iran thread in the coming days

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join