It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are middle easterns good people overall? Or true terrorists?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Christians and Muslims are not the same kind of people. Anytime Christian countries embrace violence they become none stop killing machines. It is better for the whole world if people living in Christian countries embrace a creed which demands its practitioners love and bless their enemies.Muslims on the other hand are protecting ancient secrets so they have been given a more militant creed. Those who guide the fate of nations deliberately keep European countries and Islamic countries apart for now.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I guess you must have missed the day in school when they taught the extraordinary principle of looking things up. So I did it for your convenience.

Crime Statistics > Murders (most recent) by country
VIEW DATA: Totals

Showing latest available data.
Rank Countries Amount (top to bottom)
#1 South Africa: 21,553
#2 United States: 16,204
#3 Mexico: 13,144
#4 Philippines: 6,553
#5 Argentina: 3,453
#6 El Salvador: 2,024
#7 United Kingdom: 1,201
#8 Peru: 1,136
#9 Belarus: 989
#10 Germany: 914
#11 Nepal: 826
#12 Poland: 716
#13 Italy: 644
#14 Romania: 563
#15 Canada: 523
#16 Moldova: 340
#17 Lithuania: 293
#18 Panama: 281
#19 Costa Rica: 254
#20 Bolivia: 248
#21 Czech Republic: 234
#22 Sweden: 219
#23 Uruguay: 217
#24 Latvia: 214
#25 Switzerland: 213
#26 Azerbaijan: 212
#27 Hungary: 203
#28 Saudi Arabia: 202
#29 Albania: 179
#30 Netherlands: 157
#31 Belgium: 155
#32 Morocco: 143
#33 Slovakia: 138
#34 Finland: 132
#35 Namibia: 126
#36 Tunisia: 119
#37 Burma: 92
#38 Croatia: 80
#39 Austria: 65
#40 Denmark: 56
#41 New Zealand: 51
#42 Slovenia: 36
#43 Kuwait: 23
#44 Oman: 15
#45 Maldives: 8
#46 Malta: 6
#47 Luxembourg: 4
#48 Iceland: 4
#49 Cyprus: 2
Total: 75,164
Weighted average: 1,534.0

SOURCE: The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)

These are the top 49.
If you'd like I'll look up the rest.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I believe your statistics. I'm a little surprised that you are so defensive. I do not claim to be an expert on the middle east ,but I do know women are not encouraged to travel alone in the middle east.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

If I am defensive it is precisely for that reason. Expertise is not required but I would venture to say that all members of ATS expect that a poster has some knowledge and understanding on the topic on which the express an opinion. Especially on such a inflammatory thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
the OP asks "As a people, do middle easterns want to be good people or prefer to be warriors and fight over land and power?"

well, i ask "as a ppl, do americans want to be good ppl or prefer to be warriors and fight over land and power?"

there should be no defining of the "individual" by the standards of its government, imo. there are good and bad ppl in every society. this question is valid, but lacks a good solid answer as there is no good solid answer when generalizing such things.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

And by the way, I put it to you that a muslim woman walking through some parts of the United States would also be in danger. That is, if some of the comments posted on this thread are anything to go by.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PullThePin
Christianity is the New Testament. "Love Each Other" is the commandment of Jesus Christ. Jesus never gave a single command to kill or cripple people. You cannot say the same for Muhammad.

Sorry but it's the truth. Why does everyone jump to defend such an obviously violent religion?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by PullThePin]

If it's the truth why don't you answer the question I posed to you earlier? Why did you ignore my post? The only thing that is obvious is that you know little of history.

If Islam is so violent and bent on destruction of all non-Muslims, why did they tolerate living side by side with Jews and Christians for centuries?

Why, when Islam captured Jerusalem in 637, did the Muslims not massacre every single inhabitant, like the Crusaders did 360 years later? Why did they spare Jewish and Christian holy places?

I think you know the answer but then if you say it you will have to acknowledge that your quotes are taken out of context.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You are posting for yourself unless you are part of a hive mind. You are a smart person for posting figures which show how violent Europe is compared to the middle east. Personally I like Europe the way it is. Which is not to say I want the middle east to change. Quit looking for hate where there is none.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Actually I think you misunderstood the reason for me posting those stats. The post I was responding to said that muslims are inherently violent because of their religion. Those statistics show that muslim nation are at the bottom of violent crime stats.
If you read my earlier posts on this thread and through ATS you will find that I consistently fight against hate.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You haven't been to the United States recently if you believe Muslims particularly Muslim women are being treated badly. You would think the exact opposite would be true because of the Iraq war. War makes strange bedfellows. The same thing happened during the Vietnam war. In ten years provided nothing cataclysmic happens ,the Iraqis will have tea houses all over the United States.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I see that looking things up includes not even bothering to see my location.
If you wish to fear/hate muslims who am I to stop you.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I will not justify myself to you. You are projecting what you have onto others. I have said nothing hateful towards Muslims. You may be a 6.5 200 pound man who would be safe anywheres in the world. Tiny little women should not travel alone in the Middle East. Your statistics do not take into account cultural differences.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Here in the United States most people hate middle eastern people now. People from Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afganistan. The idea that they are the worst and most evil race on the planet.

"Most people hate middle eastern people..." Where are you getting the statistics from? How do you KNOW that MOST people HATE? I feel that this is an unfair statment, to generalize about MOST people. You can't speculate what MOST people are feeling, based on a few personal experiences with people and their opinions.

As a people, do middle easterns want to be good people or prefer to be warriors and fight over land and power? And if so, why haven't we, as Americans accepted their differences and do we still believe that they can be turned into democratic people.

"Do middle easterns want to be good people or prefer to be warriors and fight over land and power?" This question is unfair, you are asking the board to tell you what Middle Easterners want, and the people in this discussion can't possibly know. You're best bet is to conduct some interviews and find out for yourself.

"Do we still believe that they can be turned into democratic people."
This is NOT our place, and its not our right to introduce them to democracy. Who is the United States, to instill their belief system on other Countries? Every other Country believes that what they believe is correct, just because it differs from mine, yours or anyone elses' beliefs, doesnt make it wrong. It just means it's different.

If I am raised Catholic, but you are raised Scientologist, You can tell me all you want till you're blue in the face that Scientology is the way of the future, and that YOUR religion is correct. But, it doesn't change the fact that I Believe my religon is correct, because that is what I have been conditioned to believe - I'm not right, I'm not wrong, I just disagree with you.

People, regardless of color, are people. End of Story.

- Carrot

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

In my opinion, you are waaaaay off base by stating that "most" Americans "hate" Muslims, "hate" being such a strong word. Many Americans ARE Muslims, and of the many others that aren't, only an ignorant biggot would hate ALL Muslims. I certainly don't doubt that there are plenty of those here, but to paint us all with such a broad brush is a sad mistake. Personally, knowing the type of mind that fosters such notions, I would take it as a great insult to be labeled a racist of any form. Also, MOST people in this country never agree on anything. And that would include hating Muslims.

Once again, in my opinion, I think your fingers were in the wrong place if you've attempted to take America's pulse on this one.

Or I may very well be wrong, and am in fact in the minority on this one. I've been wrong before....

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This has to be the most ignorant thread of the year sadly what scares me even more is people actually think way. Secondly ATS lets this thread side in the main sections, for real if this thread was titled "Are all Jewish people tight with there money, or just some ?" how long till the thread was moved to BTS or a low traffic section ?.

Shame on you ATS

[edit on 25-6-2008 by helium3]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by helium3

I do not like this thread either it has brought out hypocrites. It's a shame. I had hoped the thread would have been more usefull.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

First, this seems like a topic started only to excite people, but I'll chime in anyway.
What you said is pretty much how it is. Can't argue. But let's look at it closer.
Personally, I feel, as a US citizen that I have benefitted from the US policy of defending Jewish and Israeli interests.
I like Jewish institutions and the one must consider the mindset and geopolitical atmoshpere at the time of the founding of modern Israel.
Jewish people as an economic force are a nice counterbalance to other players in global markets.
Many of the negative things people say about Jews and Israelis have a grain of truth. But lookat the USA!!! No room to criticize.

Jews as agroup have been mistreated by basically every world power ever becasue they refuse to submit. Despite a straight forward attempt at exterminating them, here they are.
And I'm not talking about the Nazis exclusively.
The Jews were beaten out of the Middle East by the Byzantines and beaten back to the Holy Land by the Europeans.
When the state of Israel was founded, they had to fight the UK who was acting on the behalf of the Arabs.

There's a simple solution to the Palestinian conflict. The Palestinians get peacefully organized and take their case to the UN, the Saudis ,the US, the anybody. Raise funds, hire lawyers and take the Israelis to court. They could even probably try the Israelis in their own courts. The land may never be returned, but people could acquire compensation for their losses.
Sounds silly? It would work, IMO. But, no. It's too simple and bloodless.

added: Also, the US has very serious agreements and relationships with this group. They are very important to who we are as Americans.
I don't begrudge them their cloak & dagger agendas more than anybody else's. Probably less.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Not a valid question.
But. MEasterners people are just like you and me. The differences are superficial and if your asking people to characterize an entire regional population, then the same truths about humanity as a whole will apply.

M.E. Arabs have had it rough, but much of that is their own doing.
Various power vacuums and dynamic geopolictical shifts have left much of the MiddleEast in the past.
Islam is problemtaic the way any religion can be.
It's about modernization. Not just infrastructure, but thought itself.
Many wars erupt from "growing pains."
Heavy-handed regimes often surface during cultural "upgrades," if you will.
I don't like radical Islam in a large part because of the attitude toward women and because it's akin to the KKK in its violence and blood themes of purging and hate masquerading as a higher ideal.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The answer to the title question is simple - there are good and bad people everywhere. To say that one country has "good" people and another has "bad" only proves that mind control is a reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join