It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard this Strange Sound?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
its' from your cell phone, end of story.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I hear that sound almost everynight on my TV. It starts about 8pm. Only on my small regular tv, not any of thre LCD's. I haven't heard it in the past week or so though. I have no Idea what it is but thought I would comment.

J

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just heard the sound and is the same kind of music we had been hearing for a couple of weeks ago, and just to let u all know I live in Greenland pretty far away. We tought It was some kind of cell phones signal, beacuse thats what u heard when u r about to got a call or sms or mms and the phone is near or close to a radio or tv... Lets keep an eye on it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok, I'm lost... I played the sound and cheyracingchick was listening. Both of us have heard this, even when we were kids, between Cheyenne and Laramie. I can say, for myself, I've heard this on FM for about 28 years that I can remember, well before cellphones were in existence. I never thought anything of it because I was so used to listening to AM.

I'm not trying to debunk anything here, just figured I'd mention this. We have F.E. Warren AFB on the west side of Cheyenne, the Wyoming ANG in the center, and lots of training places up north... also have the Army national guard here, as well. Think those places could send out 'handshakes' similar to a cell phone back then?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yup, thats been around for years now, I work in an office building and they tell us to shut off our cellphones cuz it interferes with our telecommunications network... and its funny cuz when people get either a txt message or a phone call the whole center starts making weird noises... its funny when people get instantly busted for having their phones on, lol

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have been hearing it myself, twice in the last two days. Both times while dialing from a TW Cable phone to a verizon phone. Same exact noise.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
cell phone call incoming.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm in Australia and I hear that sound from my computer speakers anytime I use my mobile near it. I've always just thought of it as mobile interference

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

ATT usually does something that switches between the 3G, Edge, and G networks for some reason. I have a BlackJack and when I'm driving i hear that little sound over the speaker so I look down at the phone and surely enough i see the 3G sign turn into the E sign.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Ghosts of Radio... and
I Haven't heard that tone burst in years!

I used to get that same annoying interference feedback in my old home studio also... but I just attributed that to my creepy old neighbor guy keying up his HAM array in the middle of the night when we were trying to record!
Most often they would come through in the midst of a take, albeit in the most in-opportune time, but since I no longer have a cell phone and my studio has moved I haven't heard it in along time.

Thanks for the flashback though, reminds me of the time I was sitting at the Fender Rhodes in the midst of a live jam session when I heard the faint whispers of some Asian female vocalist.. I was pretty sure that I didn't invite her in, so why would she be singing?

We only found out after the tape had ended, that this mess of wiring was the perfect antennae... and the rest of the night we all sat around listening to Talk Radio Hanoi or something of that nature.

But really... it's just interference... blah, nothing more. Think of how much of that is floating around in space... seriously, analog. Radio Junk, just like Space Junk... it all has it's place...
on the B-side.

Telemetry

(nothing to see here... move on!)

[edit on 6-6-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thats just interference probably from a cell phone.....

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh, I have heard that sound before. I don't remember where..........

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Gosh! a sound came through my radio! it must be aliens! Especially if some guy who has made his career out of pretending to have been abducted by them is also hearing it! It couldn't possibly be that with cell phones, wifi and domestic spying we could be polluting the spectrum and causing a little interference.

Of course, aliens is always the most likely explanation.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I get the "cell phone" (in u.k. we just call it a mobile) sound al the time.
Yesterday it caused an intermitant 'beep' through my speakers and when a moved it about a centimeter away it stopped and then when i moved it back it started again.
I suppose that whilst in development the inventors/creators of the technology in mobiles didn't consider how the transmissions would effect other older technology around it.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pez93

But then why does it sound off even when my phone isnt in the same room?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
As other people have noted, it's cell phone interference. There was a discussion a while back on this very subject when a member heard that same sound coming from his clock radio.

here is the thread.

I work in a tv station surrounded by communications gear and amplifiers and this sound is the reason that everyone has to turn off their cell phones during the show.

Silly really that a cell phone is allowed to cause so much interference, it can make computer screens wonky too.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Theoretically it wouldn't matter if my phone was in the shed, if signals cross the airspace where my electrical equipment is located then it will cause interference.
Could come from my phone or someones phone down the street.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Man, the sarcasm about aliens is freakin annoying! This thread really hasn't said much about it being some 'alien signal', so no more about it... please!

Now, what I would like to know is what would've been around 25-30 years ago that would cause this noise? I'm not exactly 'signal savvy' here. Could a HAM radio cause this same disturbance through FM? We would get it near a FM retransmission tower between Cheyenne and Laramie (along with a full FM band of the same country station for about 2-3 miles)... but the sound would happen for probably about 5 miles on each side of the tower, and sometimes in Laramie (University of Wyoming projects?)

Can't say for sure that it happenned every time, although the FM signal bleedover from the tower does happen every time... so annoying, seems that a really good song is always on when we pass it, lol...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Do you know why you are hearing the cell phone noises on your radio and your tv?

The televison uses FM frequencies to transmit sound. That's why you are hearing the sounds on TV and on your FM radio.

But, what do the sounds mean? I have not heard anybody here come up with an explanation for this yet.

I theorize it has to do something with a government connection to cell phones, for wireless "wire-tapping".

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i hear this sound all of the time coming from my laptop head phones or speakers, my friend told me it was just cell phone interference, i usually get a text message after i hear the sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join