It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard this Strange Sound?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was going to make a post on this subject. While I have heard this occasionally it seems AM and tv reception has seriously declined in general.
System, google wtam "the big one". 50k output. You can listen to coast their digitally. No phase outs. I knew a girl who lived about 2 miles away from the broadcast station. Her alarm clock radio would just barely audibly play the station in the 'radio off' mode. Very freaky. They ended up sending her filters free of charge after complaint.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is a cellular handshake. I can hear it through this dell laptop with Ipod headphones. It is the signal that is used to tell where the telephone or wifi gear is located and give it physical location.

The cell providers are now selling this information to the states and corp interests to determine traffic on the traffic flow maps on the DOT websites, and grocery stores are buying it to tell how many people travel to each region so the can focus sales and othe pricing changes.

Its pretty complicated stuff and I don't know a correct name to google it.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I had a sound coming from one of my TV's, but this isn't the sound I heard. Mine was a constant high pitched sound and very annoying. I couldn't really tell what was causing it, so I just unplugged all the equipment, and it stopped. I have satelite and cable, but I thought I'd determined it was the satelite receiver, because when I put my ear to that it seemed to be coming right out of the unit, although unplugging each unit seperately didn't solve the noise issue. It began a few months ago. I can finally plug it all back in now and the sound is gone.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by violet]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Morse Code,

Spells out over and over again
'SSS D5'

now Google up the 'SSS D5'
www.google.com...

in relationship to the results we find something to do with "roundup" and soybean stuff..

now add that together and get Monsanto
video.i2ievolution.com...

and thats some bad shet,

now ask why morse code?

whats everyone's favorite morse code?
S.O.S

so maybe the moral of this little message says

mayday.. mayday.. Monsanto is going to get you
*L*

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
i, like many others have stated, hear as well any time that my cell phone is about to ring or someone is about to txt.

my carrier is AT&T and the sound will come out of any of the following:
my computer, radio (home or car), and television.

there is no favortism as to the type of computer, radio, or television. just something that happens and never felt the need to panick.

in fact, as someone else mentioned, it is always fun to throw others off when i can say i am about to get a phone call before the phone rings

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

It is referred to as a "ping". If Whitley Strieber wants to come over to my house for guitar night just to discover that cell phones interact with the amps, then fine, as long as he doesnt ruined everyone's mood by crying about alien anal rape.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I agree with most everyone else here, it happens to my car radio when I throw my cell phone near it on my center consol, and it seeks the digital network. It will again happen as I am driving every time I leave one network tower area and enter the area of another tower. Also if I set my car phone next to anything with a speaker it will occasionally start making this noise. I have also heard the MRI that is below my office induce a similar signal in computer speakers near my desk. Its nothing more then EMF inductance generating a currant in the lines of a speaker.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I had a sound coming from one of my TV's, but this isn't the sound I heard. Mine was a constant high pitched sound and very annoying. I couldn't really tell what was causing it, so I just unplugged all the equipment, and it stopped. I have satelite and cable, but I thought I'd determined it was the satelite receiver, because when I put my ear to that it seemed to be coming right out of the unit, although unplugging each unit seperately didn't solve the noise issue. It began a few months ago. I can finally plug it all back in now and the sound is gone.
[edit on 5-6-2008 by violet]

Violet, that's the flyback transformer causing that. Annoying if you have sensative hearing. I've heard it's at 15750Hz, which is 30 (fps) * 525 (scanlines, NTSC), but I haven't verified that. Metafilter thread about it here.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
ITS THE SOUND OF A MOBILE PHONE CHECKING THE SIGNAL,JUST LEAVE IT NEAR A T.V OR RADIO AND THAT SOUND WILL HAPPEN WHEN SOMEONE SENDS YOU A TEXT MESSAGE...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hey guys, I used to work for t-mobile and it is what we call cell handshakes or cell interference, i dont know how many times ive gotten tech support calls from people who have experienced this. It definitly is not a transmission even though it sounds like it could be ( definitly sounds like old morse code, a little freaky) but its normal interference caused by communication between cell towers the phone and the t.v or radio, computer, even cd players. Anyway everyone pretty much had this one locked down i just wanted to throw my 2 cents in

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Holy Shiz!

I've been hearing this sound for months. And only at work. I'm working right now and I actually heard this noise again while reading this thread. At work I have an Audiovox radio/cd/tape player that I use. My radio is usually switched onto CD mode, but I hear this exact noise coming from the radio. It's funny, I've only heard this noise at work here.

JackCash

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm not one who has any real knowledge on the matters of analog or digital transmissions, but i find myself wondering something;

What do you think are the chances that wi-fi areas are interfering with the television signals?

p.s; i noticed the mobile phone/speaker thing a long time ago, so i assumed it was generally accepted that they were supposed to do that.

Now i know.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's called GSM buzz. It's generated by the GSM radio in cell phones (in the US, AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM radios). By he nature of the technology, the radio switches on and off 217 times per second. This induces a current in the wires of poorly shielded electronics. In devices with speakers, the induced current produces a "buzz" at 217Hz, which is in the audible range. It has nothing to do with being an "FM" signal. It'll will happen on any poorly shielded speaker whether it has a radio receiver or not.

www.smartdevicecentral.com...

There's nothing mysterious or conspiratorial here.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I also hear that exact sound come out of my computer speakers right before my cell phone rings...but my phone has to be near the speakers for this to happen. Sorry...not really much evidence of paranormal activity.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
It's called GSM buzz. It's generated by the GSM radio in cell phones (in the US, AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM radios). By he nature of the technology, the radio switches on and off 217 times per second. This induces a current in the wires of poorly shielded electronics. In devices with speakers, the induced current produces a "buzz" at 217Hz, which is in the audible range. It has nothing to do with being an "FM" signal. It'll will happen on any poorly shielded speaker whether it has a radio receiver or not.

www.smartdevicecentral.com...

There's nothing mysterious or conspiratorial here.

That's exactly what I was about to say. I've been hearing this out of my AT&T phone whenever it's near a radio, tv, etc. etc. for years. It's absolutely nothing spectacular. This is just being too paranoid. Another "out there" idea that, to me anyway, gives Whitley Strieber no credibility. Just my worthless 2 cents though.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Now ask yourself why your phone does this about every 15 minutes even when you don't get a call.

The handshake is 'poor mans GPS'. Why do they need to know where you are? it helps them switch their lines and optimize use of resources, however they still sell the information.....

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It happens if I'm ever on a cell phone or listening to a radio or a tv and my Blackberry polls the server.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My tmobile cell phone causes that sound in my computer speakers whenever its close to them and im receiving a call. Nothing strange or suspicious about this one.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Now ask yourself why your phone does this about every 15 minutes even when you don't get a call.

Well, if you want to get all conspiratorial-minded about it, perhaps the audible sound is to give a false sense of security -- turn off your phone, no more 'blurpy-blurp' noises, and incorrectly assume it's 'secure' and can no longer can transmit.

We all know cell phones can be programmed to be used as microphones, even when turned off, right?

The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.
Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set.
"They can be remotely accessed and made to transmit room audio all the time," he [counter-surveillance consultant James Atkinson] said. "You can do that without having physical access to the phone."
Source

Edit to clarify excerpted quote attribution

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
ROFL LOL HAHAHAH

Its a mobile phone polling...

OMG is this what passes for conspiracy nowadays?

LOL You do know that when you turn your mobile off it still polls, right? LOL

If you don't like this, take the battery out or even better, don't use a mobile.

So this effect of dumbing down education and pumping out more American Idol / America's Got Talent shows.

Somebody pass the clue stick.

Edit: You're right, its an alien invasion.. Stop. Drop. And roll under your chair, cover yourself in plastic sheets and duct tape.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join