It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy-Related Game?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Scientist, how were you planning to market this game anyway? Was just curious on how you would propose the idea?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
im not worried about marketing just yet. After the game is done, I was going to use normal routes (SEO, word of mouth, etc.) for marketing.

SInce this is going to be a free game to play online, the only marketing aspect might be promoting the game for free, and perhaps potentially pitching the idea of making it into a physical board game.

i actually work with people that have made a board game that's in stores now. But again the answer would be Im not worried about marketing just yet.

p.s. it would help to mention my day job involves marketing techniques, so if the time came to pursue that route, it would not be a struggle for me.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by scientist]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
for those of you following the progress of this... a functional demo is now up:

illuminopoly.com...

this is the basic gameplay:

click on the die to roll. spend your "steps" (number you rolled) on either moving (1 spot per step) or influencing a city (click "influence" for 1 point).

If a city has a chip on it, you may buy the chip. Chips are all $250,000 each (this represents either a person, or an object - red, yellow respectively). If you roll over one of your own tokens, you will see the color, and another price (from 750k, 1.5mil and 2mil). The point is to get as many 750k chips as possible, and redeem those first (so far, that could easily change).

Speaking of redeeming... you drag a chip to it's respective card pile (people, objects, events). For example, a red chip goes to the red cards. If you have enough money, and less than 3 cards (each player gets 3 cards maximum at one time)the chip will turn into a card.

None of the cards are designed and basically, that's as far as the demo goes.

Also, the red lines on the map signify air travel, which takes one step, but costs 500k. eventually traveling by water will cost 250k (each time you go from land to water will cost 250k after that, no charge until you go from land to water again).

<< 1  2  3   >>

join