It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Activist Arrested And Charged With Espionage At Republican Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I woke up this morning and have my coffee and I find this headline. Can't say im surprised this happened this sort of thing has been happening everywhere. The Elite are afraid of the truth..... so afraid in fact they are doing everything they can to prevent the avg. American to know the truth or to receive answers to real questions. I'm interested to see how this all plays out

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Imho you need to have these kind of 'confrontations' with those you suspect of wrong doing. You probably cant arrange for a decent sit down or press confrence with anyone if you're there to challenge them seriously. They will do background checks, who you're reporting to and what kind of questions are you going to ask and if they see anything that would be bad pr they wont do it. Even if you manage to get a proper interview with say Giuliani and you'd ask something like 'did you know that in 911...' you'd be kicked out and the interview would be over.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Now Luke says that the cops gave him the treatment once they dragged him out.

He says they threw him up against a wall and started snatching his press credentials off his neck. They asked him who paid him to come there as they're doing this. He said that some of the cops were huge, so he thinks they were trying to intimidate him.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
You have to think like the enemy and see how they can use it and spin it to the masses. ...

"Debate crashers that attacked giuliani campaign with conpiracy theory questions were removed by Police have been found to have links to Dr. Ron Paul."

Or you can just be your own worst enemy.

You do realise that you are doing a good job of spreading this "meme" around today right?

This incident is absolutely disgusting and illegal in my opinion...

* BUT *

... these guys are reapping what they sow.

Have you listened to Alex Jones today? He's playing these twerps like a fiddle. These guys are part of the Alex Jones activist brigade who are of limited intellect and think they are doing the right thing but only playing right into the NWO's plan.

I agree 100% with SO's post here: Rockerfeller Confronted. I think these guys are on a list and were targeted because of who they are rather than for asking the wrong questions. I.e. their reputation is what got them arrested, not this particular "incident" another reporter asking the same question MAY not have had the same reaction. Like I said, you reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes, and every convict is innocent. I cannot beleive so many of you are so blindly led by bascially a man, entering a post party where he intimidated and accosted the individual who he was aksing questions of. He was deemed a disruptive influenece, and was removed AFTER bieng asked to leave, more than once. He should have left and then blogged that they would not listen to him, but he went to far.

Ohhhh my, BIG bad police officers roughed him up. That is bull. If they did, the smoking gun would get the mugshot. Open your eyes folks, this is nothing but disinfo. They went there with the intention of not finding resource material, but illiciting this reaction. WHy else would he have a live web cam????

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
HE WAS THROWN IN JAIL AND IS STILL THERE. accorfing to new Hampshire State Police Press SPokesman he was charged =with felony tresspass and is in custody. CNN debate and CNN staff prtested his removal yet Rudy's press sec has power to order police to remove a credentialled reporter of a CNN event?

This one is starting to backfire on giuliani, we will see how the major media plays this one to the masses. If this ends up hurting Rudy I will cheer from my rooftops, I just don't see the powers that be letting this one go. The reporters will be the bad guys on the major media.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
esdad71, if he was deemed a disruptive influence then who will ask these questions? He wasn't attacking anyone or throwing around accusations, he was asking a freaking question. Any politician can then go around and deem anyone 'disruptive' and ask them to leave and/or get them kicked out? Politicians should by nature be able to handle confrontations and difficult questions and challenges by the press, if they dont then they suck at what they're doing.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now another guy is talking, who was in an RV watching the feed when the arrest took place.

He says that the Secret Service was running the whole thing. He asked the police chief what was going on, and the police chief didn't even know what was going on. So the police chief goes and talks to Secret Service, then comes back and threatens to arrest the guy. When asked about the charge, he's told that it's probably criminal trespassing.

For the guy who mentioned Ron Paul being tied to this, too late. According to this guy, Ron Paul's son was there.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
truth, where are you getting this info? I'd like to listen/watch/read, too. It's going to be hard to get information on this...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You can ask these questions, and I beleive in hte freedom of the press, however these are tactics that are bieng used in the wrong way. There was nothing positive that could have been accomplished by what he did. He should have stayed outside and staged a protest where his voice could have been heard by the ones that matter, and that is the voters, not the press and the candidates.

I hope that no one thinks I beleive that anyone that speaks up should be silenced, that is not what this country is founded on. It is freedom of expression, but there is a venue and an ability to express views not illicit response for reactionary video.

603) 497-4858 is the phone number for the Goffstown police department. Please give them a call and check the status of the 'prisoner'. He is on the radio according to another post so unless he has a secret transmitter the police did not know was hidden somewhere, I would say he has been released and told to appear. Remember, this is lcoal law enforcement, not an FBI/SS arrest.

This is the first of many incidents that you will see leading up to the 08 elections, and the people who are behind it will suprise all of us. There is always method to madness, and prcedent for how far you can go is bieng set. This is not about freedom of speech, but freedoom of ourselves from this country.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
At the end of the video, the second guy (with the short haircut) was speaking to someone. He said that they tried to arrest him, too, when all he did was say what they did was wrong (arrest Lepacek). He told them it was unconstitutional, and they let him go.

Did he forget about the video? He was obviously tag-teaming with Lepacek all the while, saying "Answer the question" and "You lied to me". Basically, it was pre-staged harassment.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Though CNN staff members tried to persuade police not to arrest the accredited reporter-- in violation of the First Amendment, Lepacek was taken to jail. The police station told JonesReport.com that Lepacek is being charged with felony criminal trespass. from Infowards.com and Jonesreport.com
Click here

There are many sites now running with this information. I have emailed CNN and asked for confirmation that those two were credentialed even though I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY WERE, as they were there under one of the groups I am a member of and they sent us an email alst week about the Debate credentials from CNN. I wasn't aware who was going to go and report just that we did have the credentials for our grop. AFTF.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The We Are Change crew is gone now, but Alex Jones says he's going to air the audio from the video of Matt being arrested. He'll play it sometime in the next hour, he says.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You can ask these questions, and I beleive in hte freedom of the press, however these are tactics that are bieng used in the wrong way. There was nothing positive that could have been accomplished by what he did. He should have stayed outside and staged a protest where his voice could have been heard by the ones that matter, and that is the voters, not the press and the candidates.

I think you're wrong, if a politician is facing someone with hard line questions and he/she then chooses to reply with intelligent and proper manner rather than just get the person asking the question kicked out that would send a very positive message about them. This kind of politics where a reporter asks something difficult or challenging and the politician ignores it is exactly what got Bush elected in the first place. It's all about controlling the questions and PR around the politicians. You could only hope for a system where any question goes and the politicians aren't afraid to face them. That would help to ensure that intelligent and informed people get into positions of influence and power rather than those with most PR power.
Extreme example: Politician A faces a question 'Did you smoke dope and bang your secretary and were you involved in JFK assassination...' and if he/she replies with integrity and intelligence he/she is a good politician in my opinion. When politician B is faced with the same question and he/she walks away or ignores it he/she is a bad politician.
Point is that they should hold up to standards of any kind of scrutiny and critisism.
Protest are for private citizens or press that wasn't credited. This was the venue and the press is in right to ask anything that comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is becoming a sad trend in America.
Freedom of speech is being silenced more and more.
Wake Up people!
This isnt China or Nazi Gemany.
Since when is asking questions grounds for arrest?
Over on PrisonPlanet.com you can listen to the Alex Jones show.
CLick listen live,and its on a constant loop from todays show.
And on the show,they are covering the what took place last night,including interviews with those envolved.
Ive wtched the video twice,and at no time do the We Are Change group doing anything more than asking questions.
And to think,things are probaly only going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wish the terrorists would liberate us.

What country will hang our president and start a new regime? I'm all for it.

Edit: I forgot that we are a republic of the people and WE can change this any time we want, through voice or by force.

[edit on 6/6/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Correct, prestaged to illicit a response that can be used in a disinfo campaign. THere are other ways to do this. Make an appointment and eventually you will get your few minutes and then calmly ask the questions. Geraldo was a jack but he got alot of exclusive interviews with people all over the world. Technique.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Jeez. Just brush-off the guy and move on. Didn't see any reason to call in the goons. Mr. Powertrip shouldn't have the authority to have anyone removed from the building by the police. Not your call to make, ordinary citizen.

That being said, this little incident isn't going to amount to anything in the real world.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You all don't seem to get the point here, and that may be my fault. They did not have FREEDOM to ask anything of anyone.You can argue all day long that they did it would just make you Wrong. CNN did not give We Are Change or Alex Jones or Loose Change press credentials. Didn't happen and anyone saying otherwise is a liar. They were there under the CNN given Press Credentials of "America: Freedom to Fascism, D.B.A. All Your Rights". When a reporter or press asks a question they start with I am bill from fox news or whatever, this tells the one being questioned who it is questioning and who they work for. It would never be okay for Wolf Blitzer to ask and represent Fox News as he is a CNN reporter, HE WORKS FOR CNN. Those people all of them were credentialed through AFTF, and they should have represented AFTF not their own agenda, and I guarentee you they will NOT EVER be credentialed again by AFTF, nor given the chance to smear AFTF or Ron Paul with their tactics. AFTF is about Tax Reform and the federal reserve it is not nor has it ever been about 911.

I am for WeAreChange running around and making Rudy sweat to the questions they have, WHEN THEY DO IT ON THEIR DIME. They were not there on their dime and this can effect AFTF ability to get credentials again and Ron Paul through his link to AFTF.

For the record Ron Paul is not part of the 911 Truth Movement, no matter who says he is linked. He is NOT and has publicly stated he don't buy into the conpiracies of bombs, or govt complicity or duplicity. He has only said that he thinks they were incompetent and didnt stop an attack by 19 muslim extremists ordered by osama to attack and that they are covering their incompetence. So no matter how much you wish he was a 911 truth movement person, AGAIN HE IS NOT!!! Those reporters violated the trust put in them by AFTF and by Ron paul to a certain extent by their actions. They can bring Ron Paul and AFTF down by their actions.

So let me say this, I am glad they go after Rudy on their dime, they were out of line here, and their actions may have far reaching implications.

Let me also say they did nothing ILLEGAL and should NOT have been arrested or removed from the debate. they were however VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and probably should have been removed from the Rudy campaign people. The idea that any press is good press is crapola, this will be spun as nuts attacking Rudy with nutty ideas and the mainstream soundbyte Fox news society will believe the sound bytes. This does NOT serve AFTF, Ron Paul or We Are Change very well in the eyes of the average American seeing it.

I am sorry I had to burst some of your bubbles with some facts but it is what it is. I reported last night 15 minutes before the debate even started to my AFTF chapter president and to Aaron Russo and to Ron Pauls campaign to REMOVE these people and all links to them immediately. Mr. Sam Ettaro, errato whatever his name is, highjacked another group for his own purposes and will not be the national media director come tomorrow for AFTF. I can prove every word I say with emails sent and received and by the websites of AFTF. I knew that even having them there was bad for AFTF and Ron Paul but they went even farther as to be arrested and cause a scene and all on someone elses name and dime. If you can not grasp the wrongness of this then I am sorry for you.

Again so no one says I am against WeAreChange... Rudy is a damn liar, and knew and did nothing. 911 official story is bunk and lies. BUT, AFTF is a TAX MOVEMENT not a 911 movement and it does not need any links to them as the 911 movement doesn't need any links to them.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's called disorderly conduct.

What happened was not any product of "fascism".

9/11 Truth needs a new organization to represent it. It needs to be headed by responsible, law-abiding, cool-headed professional people. And thirdly, it needs to drop any affiliation with these people like a hot potato.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join