It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frozen Fireball

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Nope, no point needed. I was just curious why the crane was brought into question, that's all.

Well, where do you think the "frozen fire" video was taken from?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, without watching it again, it was taken from a helicopter. No? This matters how?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If I recall correctly, without watching it again, it was taken from a helicopter. No? This matters how?

A helicopter? By a news network helicopter?

Does it need to matter?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Your kryptic questions and statements are starting to bug me. Again I ask, what's the question regarding the crane? And I don't konw what kind of helicopter, do you? Does that matter either?

Sheesh, are you just trying to get under my skin? Cause it's working.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Your kryptic questions and statements are starting to bug me. Again I ask, what's the question regarding the crane? And I don't konw what kind of helicopter, do you? Does that matter either?

Sheesh, are you just trying to get under my skin? Cause it's working.

If this stuff bugs you, maybe you shouldn't bother posting in this thread?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
All I'm asking is why there is some sort of question regarding the crane in the video. I'm a curious person, so I thought I'd ask. If it's too hard a question to answer, then fine. I'll live without the answer.

Thanks anyway.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So is this that the white "ladder" is?

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
.......what is your point?

I'd say that is something like it, yeah............. ???

...is there something you know that you aren't telling us??

EDIT: I will say that during the zoom-out it does appear NOT to be moving.............................. I'd need to analyze it more closely though before making a statement of what I'd consider to be fact.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For the 3rd time, yes, that is what I believe the white object in the video is, a construction crane. Why do you keep asking the same question over and over again?

Like the previous poster said, is there something you know that we dont? If so, care to share?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ya know what? I just realized that there is this technique whereby you take a frame, and enlarge only the center bit. During the zoom out EVERYTHING remains square. NOTHING rotates, moves etc... I'm guessing this was digital imagery, that was cropped and blown up, and for the transition from zoomed-in to wide-angle, they froze the footage, zoomed out, then proceeded to play the footage.

It is possible, even with live TV, the post-edit before broadcasting. The technique introduces typically a couple of minutes delay between reception by the TV company and the broadcast. It also enables them to edit out people swearing etc. before it gets broadcast to the world.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown

Do I need a point?

Having or not having point has never stopped you before.

The build up to the "white ladder crane" thing is starting to remind me of gathering a general consensus with multiple questioning and repeating statements all to reveal that the object is not what was thought.

When magicians do it they call it misdirection. "look at left hand, nothing in my left hand, nothing at all, just a cheap watch that I now take off. (lick watch then listen to it, slam on table) takes a licking, yeah right."

Some might call this deliberate misinformation or disinfo for short. I will be kind and just call it inane.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Ya know what? I just realized that there is this technique whereby you take a frame, and enlarge only the center bit. During the zoom out EVERYTHING remains square. NOTHING rotates, moves etc... I'm guessing this was digital imagery, that was cropped and blown up, and for the transition from zoomed-in to wide-angle, they froze the footage, zoomed out, then proceeded to play the footage.

It is possible, even with live TV, the post-edit before broadcasting. The technique introduces typically a couple of minutes delay between reception by the TV company and the broadcast. It also enables them to edit out people swearing etc. before it gets broadcast to the world.

You are right, it couldn't be possibly fake:

Lying With Pixels - July/August 2000

Seeing is no longer believing. The image you see on the evening news could well be a fake—a fabrication of fast new video-manipulation technology.

~

the task was to overlay, in real time, “georegistered” images of Kosovo onto the corresponding scenes streaming in live from the Predator’s video camera. The terrain images had been previously captured with aerial photography and digitally stored.

And btw, in your theory, that would be the high resolution video ever taken to zoom in so close and have it look like it was just regularly zoomed in from a regular video.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Now that everybody seems to agree the white "ladder" is a construction crane, how is it moving so fast?

Go back to the original post and watch the video. Remember the CNN clip is made from 2 segments in CNN's video. The zoomout clip has been slowed down by CNN, yet the crane is moving awfully fast even if the clip was in normal speed.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Your first question has already been explained.

No, the shot does not freeze.

Your second question was answered.

Yes it is a crane.

The answer to your third question,

It has a freakin motor in it that allows it to move around. A crane that could not move would be fairly pointless.

Is there any point at all in this? When does pointless questioning of every single aspect of 9-11 cross the line into trolling the forums to irritate people with inanity?

I agree with an earlier poster, why are the insane theories allowed in the 9-11 forum and not moved to the skunk works?

After all, these no plane/ tv fakery threads seem to be all over the place, and while I personally don't buy most of the 9-11 theories, these ones are pure insanity.

So let me sum it up.

The crane moves too fast=fake video=no planes=tv fakery=energy weapons=Jews did 9-11.

Great, I can't believe I wasted my time looking at, let alone responding to this foaming-at-the-mouth-conspiracy-theory.

Or FATMCT for short. Hey we need something to distinguish between OCT, CT and FATMCT.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Great, I can't believe I wasted my time looking at, let alone responding to this foaming-at-the-mouth-conspiracy-theory.

Then by all means, please don't.

We won't mind, really.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Killtown

There is *NOTHING* in the video you posted that proves anything. In fact, and I would suggest this to ANYONE here, WATCH CAREFULLY the TOP RIGHT of the fireball, it is clearly moving throughout the video clip and indeed the color changes as the camera zooms out.

So THE FIREBALL IS NOT STATIC. THE TOP RIGHT OF THE FIREBALL PROVES YOU WRONG.

The crane did what cranes do. They can move from the wind, they can move from having someone in it.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

We won't mind, really.

I will, whether you mind or not.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
Killtown

There is *NOTHING* in the video you posted that proves anything. In fact, and I would suggest this to ANYONE here, WATCH CAREFULLY the TOP RIGHT of the fireball, it is clearly moving throughout the video clip and indeed the color changes as the camera zooms out.

So THE FIREBALL IS NOT STATIC. THE TOP RIGHT OF THE FIREBALL PROVES YOU WRONG.

The crane did what cranes do. They can move from the wind, they can move from having someone in it.

The pixels of the fireball move, but the fireball doesn't grow.

However, the falling debris is static for about 10-12 frames.

Btw, you don't have to "shout". I can read just find.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So how does everyone think this video was taken? In a helicopter? On top of a skyscraper?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind

Originally posted by selfless

We won't mind, really.

I will, whether you mind or not.

Deny Ignorance.

Well you keep saying that you are wasting your time by being here.

Well either go away and not waste your precious time or stop saying that you are wasting your time because you don't look too bright to openly state you are wasting your time and at the same time posting on the forum.

Deny your own ignorance, don't post if you think it's a waste of time, don't say anything about wasting your time posting if you continue to post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join