It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As if this comes as a surprise:

While there apparently is truth in much of the statement, several officials said, there's also an element of self-promotion. They view the claims as at least in part a rallying cry to bolster his image and that of al-Qaida in the only venue Mohammed has left: a military courtroom from which the public is barred.

"I have never known a criminal — either terrorist or otherwise — that didn't exaggerate," said Michigan Rep. Mike Rogers, a former FBI agent and the top Republican on the terrorism panel of the House Intelligence Committee.

So I guess they just get to pick-and-choose which claims are real and which fabricated.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
Just my .02, read my earlier ppost on P 2 I think, and I say no matter if the real Osama and the Real KSM really admitted and left all this evidence for real, diregarding torture, impersonators, etc., this is still all way too convenient. A onetime (??) US agent and assett turns into public enemy number one and rather than waging a smart campaign to actually undermine the US on many levels, simply launches a string of atrocious and highly symbolic attacks to rile the US up for war, admit to everything, and just play the perfect villains. Maybe I'm wrong but it all seems too convenient, almost scripted somehow, especially when we consider how these attacks - especially 9/11 - just happen to also slip thru all defenses at just the right time via strangely synchronized failures, "walls" in the intel community, "Cold War" radar posture, etc...

True.

*Along with the Koran at a strip club,

*A "how to fly planes" book in the rented vehicle but was yet able to perform Top Gun stunts.

* An alleged confession tape of Bin Laden that was so conviently found out of nowhere.

* the passport surviving the fiery crash into WTC 2 with a few burnt edges.

* The goverment knowing who did it within hours after the attacks

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

I trust the government? Hmmm... missed where I said that. OH! You put words in my mouth... got it.

It’s a matter of the Shoe fitting. You apparently feel it’s a position you need to defend personally. KSM, without any substantive evidence being provided, is the proven mastermind behind 9/11 and any number of other acts of terrorism, ergo, trusting the word of the Government.

etc, etc, etc...

Ah yes, so taking my shows off at the airport is now unreasonable? Nevermind the guy that tried to blow up the plane with his shoes. When the start showing up at my door to search my house just because I live near an airport, then we can talk about unreasonable searches. Seeing the thugs that go to sporting events, I also don't mind a 5 second pat down at the gates, unless I'm sporting a .357 and a bunch of pot, it's not going to worry me. It's not unreasonable, nor is it infringing on my rights at all.

It's very simple, I don't live in fear, I don't wonder what happened, I don't have to make a complicated cover story to understand what I saw that day, and I sure don't have to fabricate physics and coinicedence when the people that did it are celebrating in the streets and painting pictures of the towers going down, having parades for the martyrs and all that.

It's so painfully obvious to me that I simply feel sorry for you. Of course, there's a reason I have a 'long' tenure with very few posts. There's no point... logic is ridiculed, and common sense is disinfo. The best you could muster with your 'rhetorical spanking' is mass personal attacks and 3 new laws that have been picked apart since day one by congress. So keep stretching, I'm gonna go home and do everything the same that I have for 15 years, with the exception of having a good laugh at this topic over and over again.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by sp00ner]

[edit on 16-3-2007 by sp00ner]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2smooth4ya

True.

*Along with the Koran at a strip club,

*A "how to fly planes" book in the rented vehicle but was yet able to perform Top Gun stunts.

* An alleged confession tape of Bin Laden that was so conviently found out of nowhere.

* the passport surviving the fiery crash into WTC 2 with a few burnt edges.

* The goverment knowing who did it within hours after the attacks

The whole strip club thing is second hand testimony which is always iffy at best. There is no way to confirm it was even the hijackers, let alone it's accurate. But assuming it is completely true, it is in no way far fetched. How many priests do we see getting drunk? How many do we see molesting little boys? There's this mentality that people of the Islam faith are all perfect and follow the religion to the T. It would be like them thinking every Christian is Jesus Christ and does not sin. Add to that the fact that the hijackers are allowed to do such things even under the laws os Islam because it is more important that they fit in with the enemy. The story could be true, it could be false. But the main point is that if one is going to make conclusions that it may prove the hijackers weren't from the middle east or whatever as they are believed to be, one could also make the conclusion that the testimony is incorrect.

And of course these guys weren't stunt pilots. That's just an attempt to exaggerate their abilities so as to make it sound less believable to those who need a conspiracy. To some pilots they did amazing feats, to other pilots they didn't. It's pretty much perspective.

You imply it is suspicious that the tape of Bin Laden showed up or that it suddenly appeared. Well we know that Bin Laden makes tapes. So how else could it have been found that wouldn't be suspicious?

Not only did his passport survive, but so did those of other passengers. So did many belongings of passengers. I think there is this notion that everything gets destroyed down to dust. But that simply isn't the way things work. Something survive, others don't. There is a documentary based soley on the recovered belongings. A lot of the belongings from passengers on the planes were given to the family members and they filmed and interviewed the family members seeing these items for the first time since the incident. Everything from dolls, to creit cards, to drivers lisc, etc.

It didn't take much effort for the government to know. They simply had to call the airlines and get the passenger manifests. And of course in the initial process they misreported some people, but as always there are going to be errors in the beginning until they have more time to investigate.

Someone also mentioned that it seems like the whole confession is just covering up some scandals. But keep in mind that there is always some kind o scandal going on in the white house at all times, and there is always some big news event going on at all times. So it would be impossible for there to ever be some big news anouncement without there being a scandal going on. While it's possible, and I am sure it does happen, it's simply an assumption with no way of proving really. For that reason I don't think it's a legit claim because it's simply too easy for people to absue for political reasons. Remember when Clinton was accused of everything he did as being a distraction form the monica case?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sheikh confesses planning to hit Plaza bank

only the bank wan't founded until 2006, 5 years after 9/11 and three years after his arrest.

Considering he was travelling a day and a half to pass bin laden messages scribbles on 10cm piecves of paper, they certainly had impressive intel on future building in new york!

Unless of course the statement is phoney. Surely not, because that would mean we are being lied to, and that never happens

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join