It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Intrepid and I'm appearently a racist.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally quoted by Benevolent Heretic

This thread isn't about what a person of color thinks. We don't have to ask a person of color how we feel or what we experience. This "racism" thread is about how we feel and experience racism for once.

On every thread about race, you and everyone else who participated had plenty to say about how you feel and experience racism. Believe me, you were not silent. And you didn't ask a person of color then, either. You just went on and on, while twisting the words of others.

And here again, you misquoted me and misconstrued my words, as you always do.

You have started numerous threads about the black experience of racism. I don't understand why it's a problem that a white person starts one about our experience.

None of my threads were about the "black experience". You misconstrued my words and my intentions once again. But, prove it to me where I said that verbatim.

Besides, there isn't a problem when a white person starts a thread about race. No one has ever said that, verbatim, either. Here too, you are putting words in my mouth. Beyond that, I'm very saddened about the stories of racism and crime concerning certain members of the board on this thread. I am sorry that those incidents had to happen to them. I wish they didn't.

Otherwise, you've always said that you don't "see a color". You also said you treat people like individuals. But how convenient it is that you automatically "see color" when it is very necessary and opportunistic.

I have to ask whether you have a conscience and a soul.

I'll leave that question up to you to ponder.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
You've always said that you don't "see a color".

I don't think I have said this. At least not in that context. If I did say that, I meant that I don't see a "black" or a "latino". I see a person first.

I have said that I don't judge a person based on their color. In fact, here's a direct quote from a U2U:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes, white is the default [to me]. White is the majority. If I see a white lady walking down the street, I think "lady". If I see a black lady walking down the street, I think "black lady". Is that because I'm white?

You also said you treat people like individuals. But how convenient it is that you automatically "see color" when it is very necessary and opportunistic.

That's BS. Sorry.

I have to ask whether you have a conscience and a soul.

I'll leave that question up to you to ponder.

You are a piece of work. I feel really sorry for you, Ceci...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And I feel very sorry for you. You are the ultimate piece of work for what you've done. :shk:

It's not BS. But since you're holier than thou, you'll be able to shake it off in no time.

Especially with no empathy along with your admitted lack of guilt.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Especially with no empathy along with your admitted lack of guilt.

Indeed that is exactly what the thread is about.

I agree it is crucial that those who practice persecution be held accountable.. but no-one should be obligated to admit guilt to something that they are innocent of.

That is called scapegoating.

[edited for grammar]

[edit on 9-2-2007 by riley]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We all see race. We all see good looks. We all see age. We all see gender. We see hundreds of things every day from clothes to body type and we use that to class people. The fat guy, the black girl, the white dude, the ugly guy, the homeless guy, the bad dresser, the old lady, etc.

Everyone does it, no matter how much they claim they don't.

Understanding that and treating everyone how you would like to be treated, is how we bridge the gap and change the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree with you, and I don't think you are a racist. Although it ^$@#@ me off when people end an uninformed thought process by saying you are.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Not for nothing, but SO WHAT if white peopel are 'tired' of being treated differently for the colour of their skin. They did if for a thousand years and conquered the whole world while using that ideology. Yes, a person today sure as heck ain't responsible or guilty of the errors of people in the past. But still, so what, white peopel are FREAKING OUT over the tiniest degree of racism, just imagine what it was like for the rest of the planet. White people freak out that a black guy might get a job through affirmative action. So what, white people slapped together ships, and sailed across the world to another continent to purchase people and make them slaves.

I understand what you're saying Nygdan but once again, what's that to ME. I didn't do anything of this sort. I am not defending my race, I'm defending MYSELF!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
This thread is very interesting to me. I notice a trend.

People try to 'do right' (whatever that is) and are repeatedly told that they've failed to accomplish the goal (whatever that is). After enough negative reinforcement, those people say, "WTH, I might as well stop trying."

Is that what happened, intrepid and BH (and whoever else wants to answer)?

Nothing of the sort HH, it's a matter of honour. I am VERY proud of the person I am and my character.

"WTH, I might as well stop trying." Not going to happen because I NOT trying anything. I am the person I am, that simple.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Very soon the first American born Blacks had made their appearance. To illustrate this effect, the official population count of the time serves as a sobering example of Black fecundity: according to the 1800 census, there were 893,602 Black slaves in America. By 1860 - just prior to the American civil war, which was fought primarily over the issue of slaves, the Black population in America was counted at 3,953,760.

Seeing as all importation of Black slaves was forbidden after 1808, the virtual quadrupling of the Black population in just 60 years - a staggering feat by itself - is exclusively attributable to the natural population growth rate which exploded while the Blacks were held as slaves in the southern states - whatever else slavery did to them, it did not kill them.

By 1960 - only one hundred years later - this population had jumped to over 20 million - a staggering 2,300 percent increase in 160 years.

www.fortunecity.com...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Dock6]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I understand what you're saying Nygdan but once again, what's that to ME. I didn't do anything of this sort. I am not defending my race, I'm defending MYSELF!

Why don't you do something, Intrepid.

Come straight out and say who called you racist. Admittedly, I took some cheap shots at you in my first post in this thread, taking advantage of your title. But, like I said, YOU said it, not me.

For the record, I don't think you're racist; hell, I don't even know you. I had nothing to say to you until you used my post to establish why you are seen as racist. Nevermind that my post had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, Intrepid. Now you know why I shot those slugs at you.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Three servants working for a farmer named Hugh Gwyn ran away to Maryland. Two were white; one was black. They were captured in Maryland and returned to Jamestown, where the court sentenced all three to thirty lashes — a severe punishment even by the standards of 17th century Virginia. The two white men were sentenced to an additional four years of servitude — one more year for Gwyn followed by three more for the colony. But, in addition to the whipping, the black man, a man named John Punch, was ordered to "serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural life here or elsewhere."

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And its not like racism is 'dead' amoung whites now anyway.

What does that mean... that as long as there is a white guy on the planet that is racist black people are free to be racist against whites

Oh it's only a tiny thing if they are racist to us right. Don't you dare bring up slavery to me I DIDN'T OWN ANYBODY nor did anyone related to me or for that matter any white person I know.

link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Why don't you do something, Intrepid.

Come straight out and say who called you racist. Admittedly, I took some cheap shots at you in my first post in this thread, taking advantage of your title. But, like I said, YOU said it, not me.

For the record, I don't think you're racist; hell, I don't even know you. I had nothing to say to you until you used my post to establish why you are seen as racist. Nevermind that my post had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, Intrepid. Now you know why I shot those slugs at you.

It is all stated in that quoted material:

Originally posted by name removed
Like Foxy said, stop blaming the victim, BH.

I don't see why you can't get it through your damn head. We're talking about people who were treated like animals for generations. People who, despite trying to make something of themselves since the end of the Civil War, have been hindered again and again and again and again.

I dunno...it seems like you relish blaming poor black Americans, as you gloss over the impact of whites who established and maintained the system for generations.

For a victim, there must be an abuser. If Blacks were treated like animals someone must have done it, guess who? Who was maintaining this system for generations?

I wasn't pointing a finger directly at you, there are others here that would have me feel guilty about something I had NOTHING to do with. It's nothing new, it's "the race card".

As I pointed out to HH, it's a matter of honour.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Originally in the American Colonies, Native Americans and other groups;mostly white Europeans such as captured soldiers or minor criminals— were used as slaves (indentured servants, see Bound Over by John Van Der Zee), were used as slaves

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

For a victim, there must be an abuser. If Blacks were treated like animals someone must have done it, guess who? Who was maintaining this system for generations?

I wasn't pointing a finger directly at you, there are others here that would have me feel guilty about something I had NOTHING to do with. It's nothing new, it's "the race card".

You are a God damn liar.

WHERE DO YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT PERTAINS TO YOU IN THAT POST? You are a LIAR, simple and plain.

You get on here running your mouth about how people want you to feel guilty , blah blah blah. I didn't say a damn thing TO you, ABOUT you, or AGAINST you. That still didn't stop you from using my post to get on here and spread your lies.

God DAMN!!! WTF is your agenda here? You MUST feel guilty about something, for you to take something I said and use it to whine about "I'm tired of being called a racist, blah blah blah."

STOP LYING!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Victimhood as a Business

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs -- partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. - Booker T. Washington

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Come straight out and say who called you racist.

He DID say who had called him a racist. The guy inthe store with the duffle bag.

Intrepid is also part of white America.

My point is this; the single-parent issue in black America is ultimately the fault of white America! There, I said it. And it's true.

Nevermind that my post had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, Intrepid.

No, it was aimed directly at me. Another white American.

Intrepid said he was getting sick of seeing posts like yours. He didn't say or imply that you had called him a racist.

He was using your post as an "example" of the kind of thing he's sick of seeing.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were Whites slaves and they were America's first slaves. These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were. This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.

Whites were auctioned on the block with children sold and separated from their parents and wives sold and separated from their husbands.

Free Black property owners strutted the streets of northern and southern American cities while White slaves were worked to death in the sugar mills of Barbados and Jamaica and the plantations of Virginia.

southernslavery.com...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Dock6]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You are a God damn liar.

WHERE DO YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT PERTAINS TO YOU IN THAT POST? You are a LIAR, simple and plain.

You get on here running your mouth about how people want you to feel guilty , blah blah blah. I didn't say a damn thing TO you, ABOUT you, or AGAINST you. That still didn't stop you from using my post to get on here and spread your lies.

God DAMN!!! WTF is your agenda here? You MUST feel guilty about something, for you to take something I said and use it to whine about "I'm tired of being called a racist, blah blah blah."

STOP LYING!!!

I strongly recommend that you tone it down. I'm not going to take exception to this but others will.

That post was about WHITES, I'm white therefore it IS aimed at ME. I refuse the guilt though. And for doing that you have called me a liar and a racist. Again, I will not take exception but I DO thank you for making my point for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Dude... Can you read? He didn't say there was anything in your post that pertained to him. Take a chill, will ya?

He did not lie about anything. Show me the specific lie.

Thanks for trying to derail the thread. But I'm glad to see that others aren't responding to your tantrum. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join