It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hurricane like storm just formed in the center of the US.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
just so u know, what u see over the midwest happens like at least once a year. if u watch the weather channel a lot they'll say something like, "now this storm system that looks like a hurricane formation is going to cause a lot of problems for you travellers on interstate-## tomorrow heading to detroit..... etc, etc"
its not uncommon at all.

so why is a regular storm on ATS?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
people keep on talking about these times like its supernatural. if the world ends, we did it to our damnselves. its no secret. its not like magic or anythings. plagues and killer storms and earthquakes and asteroids and wars have been killing billions of people for hundreds of thousands of years.
so i guess all of these prophetic end of the world events could be contributed to the fact that they knew these things were going to happen over, and over again. plagues, viruses, wars, tsunamis, hurricanes, asteroids/comets.... and scared you into thinking they've never happened before and they predicited it. well folks, i predict it will rain next weekend, and that will be the sign that it is the end of the world for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Its a cyclone, pure and simple.

Hurricanes do not form over land, much less cold areas. They need Ocean water at least 80 degrees Farenheit to form. The upper midwest is simply too cold and too dry to form a real hurricane.

The looks of this thing it might spawn thunderstorms. Not unusual in that part of the country.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I got this in an e-mail today, said it was from a western North Dakota emergency manager's article. Spose there is a connection?:

Up here in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a Historic event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions"--- with a historic blizzard of up to 44 inches of snow and winds to 90
mph that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated
scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Right....

Never heard of this event considering it was in the 70's yesterday there.

Looks more like an EOC simulated event to test emergency prepardness.
We do it all the time here in Central Montana.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i hope nothing major happens anywhere in the planet, if it does, how will we be able to stay in touch huh, i know that i'll miss u guys... so lets just give ourselves a moment of silence and pray...

is it just me or nowadays why is it that everywhere i turn i keep hearing of the end of days...

peace

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Because nobody wants to die alone when everyone can die together!

Yay!!

Im rooting for the end of the world because it will make all other history look like childs play.. Lets get this show started !

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
*agrees with nephyx*....i'm ready for the next coil to begin again. This one is Trashed..we tried, but...we are not enough.

Ya, i live in NePa and it got..something. i'm not sure what it was but no one, no matter how old they are, has never seen anything like it before.

First we got the rain, a sort of thunderstorm, which is unremarkable, then it got quiet, and warmer. About 5 am next morning we got hammered..by something. It was still pretty dark so no green skies could be seen, but it sounded like a Flock of banshee's was beating on Everybodys houses. Accompanied by a wickedly out of tune brass band. Music to die for...

Listening to that din, Everybody thought we might, so...we all hid under the covers and ignored the hell out of it...and lo and behold! ...it eventually Did go away! That old trick..really works...hrm....

Whatever that was....No one here has ever seen the likes of it before. We got some Ooollld timers still living around here and they are wandering around yet, aimlessly, muttering to anyone who cares to listen: 'that just warnt Natural'
imho..it is just beginning...

This page alone keeps me up at night... www.iris.edu...

i'm a raging life long Activist, but..this is taking the wind outta my sails...
i begin to understand the sudden bushpush to grab all they can as fast as they can...but..not their reasoning behind it. Is it..he who dies with the most toys wins? or what..? Maybe, they expect to take it with em. Ha! *snorts*

It all started one weird day i suffered the mistake of receiving an email that was a conversation between two..arguing seismologists..and what they were arguing about was 'should they be allowed to issue a Global Quake warning' ...Soon. As in This Summer soon...if not sooner.'
Arg!
Apparently the Gov's of the world feel it is unessessary to say anything, but this one guy felt that the frequency of the quakes, and their locations, over such a period of time as he had been observing was....not cool.
And he intends to issue one with or without their permission. The other guy was all over him like ugly on a monkey. 2 Fools..fighting in a burning house..imho.

Anywayz, cast a gaze upon this thing for a few days/weeks, if it doesn't freak ya out...& see what conclusion Y'all come to?
Watching this thing unfold..i'm not all that worried about a truck sized spacerock.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Whatever happens happens, just live life while you've got it and smile when death comes to let you know its over.

If you can.

Like geez, there was nothing reported on this "Mid-Continental Hurricane", save for a passing fart saying that it was a thunderstorm.

SURE, I do believe that it is an indicator of things to come.

BUT

So is the fact that Calgary's winter has already ended save for one day last week in which we had snow.

Last year at this time, we were covered in the white powder and barely even thinking about spring, now, we are in the middle of late spring/early summer and it's a strange heat. One that I'm thinking is also a forerunner to some bad bad #, as with your bad brass symphony to the south there.

The governmentals don't give a snort, because their profiteering overmasters don't gove a snort, so we all burn, and hope that the survivors can make something better.

My motto? "Could happen in twenty, could happen in two, cause with the way they're all partying, there's nothing that they're gonna do."

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh ya, i know! Well..i can have an educated guess anywayz, being as Sheldons Bay Ontario used to be my stomping ground. *homesick*
Though that area has a much warner clime than yours.. Still, come fall most everybody would close up and head south for the winter.
Lately we hear..there is not much difference, weatherwise..and thats just..freaky. This corner of Pa usually gets a late spring..if we get one at all..
This year, one day can be 80+ F and that night can be below freezing. The heat IS weird isn't it? The air feels...Very odd.

Eh...Wise outlook ya got there.
My fam decided, when the bush brigade crashed the gates, that we would live each day as it came and be thankful for it..preparing for disaster is limited..how much can ya do?
So i guess this is why they are not accurately covering the earth events very well... global mass panic could be equally as bad to deal with.
Mama Earth is going to do what she wants, despite the puney efforts of mankind.
i can't help but wonder what it's going to be like once the poles get righted.
With our luck..thats about the time a biiiig rock Will hit us and set em off again.

Mum recently asked me why i bother keeping up on stuff and activism *shrugs* i figure, if we survive, or even if we don't..might as well give it our best shot
Make life as good for all as we can...imho..thats the whole point of life anywayz.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by happness
I got this in an e-mail today, said it was from a western North Dakota emergency manager's article. Spose there is a connection?:

Up here in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a Historic event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions"--- with a historic blizzard of up to 44 inches of snow and winds to 90
mph that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated
scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

i would consider New Orleans and the recent Tsunami to of more biblical proportions than what you described as a regular very strong blizzard. Hurrican Andrew was of more biblical proportions that u described ur storm because when Andrews remnants hit Milwaukee it was like what u described, minus 20 MPH and minus the stupid snow.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
howcome people like u see bad weather and consider it the end of times.
i ask you to go live in the Tsunami of 2004 and then tell me why things are still going until today......... idiot.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
by the way... the most strongest winds ever recorded(winds were beyond category 5 hurricand level, and just short of tornado level) were before 1950 in the winter time near the state of New York......... point is, a tornado or a hurricane doesn't equal the end of times.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Watch the 24 hour national satellite loop, notice anything odd? I'll post a pic when I'm done.
www.nws.noaa.gov...

s9.photobucket.com...

I was on a road trip from Iowa and saw chem trails being sprayed in IL, MI, and IN. The yellow line is the trip taken and the red spots are where I saw chem trails.

s9.photobucket.com...

[edit on 26-4-2006 by sergeant_tibbs]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
About those chemtrails. How do you tell them apart from normal contrails? Do you think they're seeding the weather to cause/forestall a drought, or something perhaps even more sinister? My friend's departed mother said we're all going crazy, it's germ warfare.

Check out the neat swirl forming off Alaska. Could this be a low waiting to cause a tropical depression?

Big pic here: i3.tinypic.com...

[edit on 28-4-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is just my opion but I think that they're spraying chem trails to accelerate global warming. I don't know why they would want to but thats what I think it is.

You can tell the difference between chem trails and con trails by how long they hang in the air. A con trail will only be visible for a short amount of time after a plane flys over where as a chem trail will hang in the air all day and eventually turn into a cloud.

Also you'll never see just one lone chem trail they're almost always sprayed in big groups that criss cross. Like these; s9.photobucket.com...
s9.photobucket.com...

They were being sprayed here again thursday and yesterday and today it's raining. Coincidence? More than likely.
Something sprayed into the air, alowed to condense into water, then rain down and triple the cancer rate? Possible.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by sergeant_tibbs]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What would be the purpose of Chemtrails. Hey lets kill off all the taxpayers, what a great idea.

This storm system is no different then countless others in this region.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by TheHorseChestnut]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I live in Fargo ND,,where the center of that storm system was in the sat. Image.roughly that is. this has happend before, and will happen again.
Its a retrograde storm system..sometimes blizzards follow the same routes in the cold winters. My wifes father was a weather man of sorts and i inquired on this.
however , this could be somthing very different. On the upside..all we got was mild rain.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Check out the neat swirl forming off Alaska. Could this be a low waiting to cause a tropical depression?

No.
Tropical systems form over warm water.

ALL low pressure systems have that similar shape. Every single one of them, whether over land or over the water.
The original picture (first page) and that are now where close to being tropical anything. In the first pic, it is impressive as you don't see them that well defined very often but it's no where near being a landforming hurricane

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shirasiyu330
and it's a strange heat.

Every once and a while I get that feeling, the heat feels strange, out of context. Its almost as if we have a certain humidity level and my subconcience registers it, then this heat that seems to dry or something, a feeling I never felt except the last few years.

I thought it was just me, glad to know someone else had that thought.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join