It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hurricane like storm just formed in the center of the US.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oh wait a minute. I am going to Texas, in may.. whooo..everything happens for a reason. Thankgod!!! then I won't be hit! Yay!!! OK, I don't mean to post so much, I am probably becoming annoying now.

Just to let you all know. These asteroid clumps will hit us...it's not a fake prophecy and it's not even a prophecy it's a fact.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Truthman,

I'd say that old man was onto something. I'd always heard the predictions but didnt think they would happen THIS soon...*gulp*

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't think we should be worried about this storm itself, but the fact that it's forming. Does this have something to do with La Nina?

And I'm sure as hell not a weather expert, but it looks like that string of rain that starts in TX and goes on up to the Great Lakes region is almost feeding the storm. If you look at the 24 hour loop here it looks like it sort of started to fall apart, until the clouds moved up from the south, where it regained its structure.
So, weather experts, am I imagining things?

--Kit.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Interesting post....I heard about this strom system this moring on the radio. Defintally an interesting weather formation. its also interesting that there is large amounts of Snow fall predicted. I wonder if this ties in with Global Dimming and Global warming or some kind of El Nino La Nina effect?

Great post

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes,interesting post indeed. I live in california,and we've had our fair share of weird weather this year also,but this storm in the great lakes region is pretty interesting.

I briefly remember hearing about a close brush with an asteroid coming up,but dont recall hearing of it breaking up. Anyone have any more info this,would be appreciated.

--As an amateur photographer,i must say i love your avatar dgtempe.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by spanishcaravan]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Spanish...

Funny...I'm Spanish.
I have similar eyes, but the credit goes to Chissler, for the awesome avatar.

Thank You-

Well, i think i'm done here today. I'm totally paranoid now with the Asteroid, the weather, Bush, Iran, the end of the world....
Time for the meds.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin

"Low pressure system - textbook example. Hurricane's have closed
circulations without fronts (look at the line to the south).

Your weatherman suffers from head fog

It's a vertically stacked cutoff low as in closed circulation, and posted the data three times now in this thread. Anyone can see it's closed circulation on satellite. Tropical storms and hurricanes are "vertically stacked systems".The difference is this system is a cold core at midlatitude and not a warm core in the tropics like a hurricane.

CUT-OFF LOW - A closed cold core low completely removed from the primary westerly flow. Cutoff lows may remain detached from the westerlies for days while exhibiting very little forward (eastward) progress. In some instances, a cutoff low may move to the west, or retrograde, opposite to the prevailing flow.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN
245 PM CDT THU APR 20 2006

.DISCUSSION...TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY
WELL DEFINED VERTICALLY STACKED VORTEX WEST OF STC WILL CONTINUE TO
AFFECT AREA FOR THE NEXT 36 HOURS OR SO AS IT EVER SO SLOWLY DRIFTS
EAST.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN
329 AM CDT THU APR 20 2006

.DISCUSSION...TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT
GOES WV/IR LOOP AND EVENING UPPER AIR ANALYSES REVEALED STACKED
UPPER LEVEL LOW SPINNING LIKE A PINWHEEL
ACROSS THE MN AND DAKOTAS
BORDER WITH DRY AIR INTRUSION WRAPPING AROUND IT. 1004MB SFC LOW
DIRECTLY BELOW AND FILLING RAPIDLY WITH WEAK COLD FRONT EXTENDING
SOUTH.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LA CROSSE WI
318 PM CDT THU APR 20 2006

IN THE SHORT TERM...THE VERTICALLY STACKED COLD-CORE UPPER LOW
CONTINUES TO SLOWLY DRIFT EAST ACROSS THE UPPER MIDWEST
TONIGHT
THRU SAT...REACHING A POSITION NEAR THE WI DOOR PENINSULA BY 00Z
SUN. SYSTEM CONTINUES TO SLOWLY WEAKEN THRU THE PERIOD.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
305 PM CDT THU APR 20 2006

.DISCUSSION...SHORT TERM FORECAST CONCERN FOCUSES ON THREAT OF
PRECIP WITH WEAKENING CUT OFF LOW PRES EXPCD TO PASS THRU WI NEXT
SEVERAL DAYS.

What is a cyclone?
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Truthman,

I'd say that old man was onto something. I'd always heard the predictions but didnt think they would happen THIS soon...*gulp*

lol, I'm a girl, but who would know? Anyways, it has been shown. I don't know about scientifically, but in paranormal studies that skitzophrenic people are more pyschic, because they are using both sides of their mind? I don't know, but you know what happened...

I was telling this to some people in class, About what the peace man said. When I was telling it, everyone looked and listened. And after I said it, everyone was speechless. That was when I got this big feeling in the pit of my stomach that this man...was right. You know that..silence? Where you just know...

Anyways, I am going to Texas when this comet thing is suppossed to happen. However...it would hit texas too wouldn't it? That is very odd...

I have had humungous feelings that the earth was going to end. It's just the kind of feeling where you just KNOW what something is going to happen...and you look out the window..and you look at people.. and you know that those people are thinking the same thing. You can feel it. well I can..

I fear that...these comet fragments really are going to hit. And if that's true, then...that others guys dream and my dream is going to come true as well.

Also...I know we are not suppossed to discuss banned members. But Firmbeliever had a dream. And he told me that this alien showed him all these disasters happening. I have it saved on word. Here look...

Hi
justin says:
I managed to keep an astral journal last night for the first time but it's not good
justin says:
All my dreams were negative & were to do with disisters & catastrophy, the one I clearliest remember was not being abducted as such but being encountered by an alien, It told me that if we dont stop ruining our earth, the future of our children & our childrens children, could be in massive danger
justin says:
He warned me about storms & hurricanes & that they are warnings to us, he said the name Lalina or La lina as two words perhaps. I dont know if that was his name or something but I was asking it what it meant but he just didnt answer, he just kept repeating the word louder & louder until I woke up, I've got a really bad feeling about this & sense that this dream may not just be my imagination

peacefull world-9/11- self destruction (deforestation, pollution, poaching ect) hurricanes, floods, tsunamis, crop circles, La lina La lina repeatedly. But the dream felt so long, like an hour

So when I read this from FB.. I saw the name La lina. I immediately thought. huh! That's La nina!! So the alien was warning him of the disasters hitting this earth!

I believe it folks...

this world really is going to plunge down a hell hole soon...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by truthmatters1111]

[edit on 20-4-2006 by truthmatters1111]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Will someone listen now????

The freak hurricane
The closeness of the asteroid
The dust storms-----All posted here.

If i were yo'all i'd listen to the predictions by many that a car sized chunk will come into the atmosphere on May 25. All the signs are there now.

I wont bother posting them again.

Haven't see the threads you are talking about. Could you please supply some links, I would like to read what is falling on May 25?
Thanks Jen

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've heard about impressive snowfall totals apparently from this storm. However this low pressure seems to be winding down. The biggest group of storms I see at the moment are coming back at me. I've heard the saying be careful what you ask for. I'm glad it's raining here again though.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wait so what is this asteroid that keeps being brought up is it just some hype to throw fear into peoples hearts/

Also with the low pressure system if it makes it to the northpole will it cause a shift? Are there storms over the poles?

But please tell me the asteroid thing is a joke or at least provide some proof, besides some crazy lunatic in a town in connecticut yelling about garbage cans.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i unfortunately also live in connecticut and would probably be on cape cod during may
. i hope this comet theory doesn't come true, FEMA will enact emergency powers, have bush taken out of the presidency, and the Mount Weather commander-in-chief would be our new president. We better get something moving if this is the scenario.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i live in the alley and have watched storms on radar for years ..this is the front that stalls in behind the rockies that puts 98 % of the worlds tornadoes on us there is no eye wall wich is the only direct danger from a front this large , but it can cause super outbreaks wich suck and blow..think of it like a boulder in the river wich causes eddies just past it. the visual acuity is determined by the relitave humidity and is very unnerving unless your in the middle of it ,and since it bobs all around the midwest most of the (spring warming months) i have been in the middle of it wich is a lot better place to be than here in IN , or anywhere just behind it ..I havent seen it this circular or (visual all the way around) for a while but it happens. maybe the gov has a microwave beam sat. in space mildly heating the ground and creating a reason for fima ,nah

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
exodus2006.com...

www.exopolitics.org...

Read about the asteroid.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Now, the crop circle. This crop circle was missing the "earth" when it was suddenly created, and they beleive its an omen from other planets- Play around with nukes and you will vanish.

I am not a beleiver of this message- but it appears that a truck size chunk of asteroid is headed this way.

Is this a message from other intelligent life?
Is the asteroid being "sent" as a warning?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN
351 AM CDT FRI APR 21 2006

.DISCUSSION...A FILLING AND VERTICALLY STACKED CUTOFF LOW WILL
LINGER HERE THROUGH SATURDAY. AS IS SO WITH CUTOFF LOWS...POPCORN
CONVECTION WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE PLACE WITHOUT VERY MANY CLOUD
DEBRIS. THE CIRCULATION CENTER SEEMS TO BE APPROACHING DULUTH THIS
MORNING. WE WILL MAINTAIN SCATTERED SHOWERS THROUGH SATURDAY.

THE LOW WILL BE KICKED BY A SHORT WAVE FROM THE ARCTIC COAST. THE
FRONT WILL CROSS THE AREA SUNDAY NIGHT WHILE THE FIRST SHORT WAVE
ALOFT REACHES US MONDAY NIGHT. PRECIPITATION WILL BE BEHIND THE
FRONT...REMAINING HERE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. THE REASON IS THAT
THE APPROACHING SHORT WAVE WILL BACK THE WINDS ALOFT...FURTHER
STRENGTHENING THE FAST-MOVING FRONT AND LEADING TO AN OVERRUNNING
SITUATION...FROM THE LAGRANGIAN PERSPECTIVE.

Looks like it's going to get pretty messy starting this weekend for New England as a front pushes out ahead of the system. Pennsylvania looks like it will get the brunt of preciptation. Might even get some snow early next week on the backside of this mid-latitude cyclone.

NSA

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's just another view from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Weather Service NOAA useing radar, just click on loop at the upper left hand corner to start in motion have fun it's quite a map.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i know this may sound lame, but i used to sit back and watch the weather channel for like 1-3 hours a day. i've seen something just like that about 7 years ago(1999 sometime?). i said that same thing.... i said WTF! but apparantly its just the way that storm is, there is no warm water to make it a hurricane. and all storms whether swirling or moving straight forward can produce gale, TS, or even hurricane force winds. it just has centralized pressure i guess.
why does everyone assume when a storm spins it's like all freaky and scary. i've been thru much more dangerous storms that just rolled straight from west to east like it was running from Mike Tyson... but it hit like Mike Tyson too. just cuz its spinning dont make it any different from any other storm. it's like yall expect every storm on land to move straight. nor does every storm over the ocean spin. you always see spinning storms, especially over Africa.

that freaking thing u see on the map has no possibility of becoming a hurricane. NONE! its just spinning dangit.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To me it looks like its gathering the storms around it and getting bigger now! Could it not be feeding itself from the clouds it seem to be gathering?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was driving through S. Carolina/ Georgia when the front edge of the storm hit us- not only was it as dark as long past sunset, the sky was partially green, which (to this Easterner) I was always told, means tornado weather.

We hit horizontal rain, but no hail or winds over abour 40 mph.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join