It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman met a group of migrants at a school bus stop. Then the story hit the internet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Ok then, explain how hiding a group of men in bushes to conceal that they are there and bringing them out all together is not aggressive in any way? Sounds like it could be considered that way to me.

I would say that hiding in the bushes with weapons ready to ambush passersby would be aggression. Hiding in the bushes as these folks did I would categorize as defense.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

And addressing those issues was not the focus of this thread, only this one issue that was blown out of proportion so as to fit in that over all narrative.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I actually edited my post right after posting it to say “very few anyways”. For the reason being…some do. But anyways……..

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

All I can suggest to you is to read back in that conversation where the poster states their opinion to which I replied, he had made it abundantly clear. That poster then replied that ''no one gets it'' and i replied that half the country did. I just grabbed a general percentage there and was not being factual.

I thank you for admitting to magically pulling numbers out of thin air. I gave you a star for that.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What part of "Illegal immigrant" don't you understand ?

These are not "Migrants or "newcomers" or whatever soft word the Democrats have for them this week. They entered this country illegally and are not entitled to US taxpayer money, but the Biden administration seems a hell of a lot more worried about taking care of them than they do the citizens who are in desperate need of help after the hurricane.

I have no problem at all with legal immigrants who bring something to this country, but the millions who have poured across are not acceptable. Spin it any way you want, they are a burden on American taxpayers.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: rickymouse
…..

There should be a mandatory requirement that anyone coming into this country to live must know how to speak English. Why should our school kids now be forced to take Spanish class?

There is.

Here are the requirements for an immigrant to become a naturalized citizen:

Permanent residency: Have been a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least five years
Physical presence: Have been physically present in the US for at least 30 months out of the 5 years
English proficiency: Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Civics knowledge: Have a basic knowledge of US history and government
Moral character: Be a person of “good moral character”
Loyalty oath: Take a loyalty oath and support the Constitution and form of government of the United States

I guess you didn’t get the memo.

Almost all nations have the same or similar requirements to have some proficiency in the local language, if you are going to stay there permanently.

Also, no school kid is forced to take Spanish. Many school districts have a requirement to study a foreign language in high school, with the main options being Spanish, French, Russian, German, and Chinese. Having been born and raised in a former Spanish colony (California) I took Spanish and found it quite useful—especially when I started traveling to the larger Spanish-speaking world.

Again, most developed countries have similar requirements. It’s not uncommon for younger citizens of European countries to speak 2 or more languages besides their native one.

Yeah well first they have to meet the requirements for applying for asylum, which is how most are getting in, most of them are not here because of religious, political or racial persecution. They’re here for the money, you here this coming directly from there own mouths. That is not a legal grounds for obtaining asylum. Maybe you didn’t get the memo.

That’s the thing, they can just claim asylum then are able to legally remain in the US until there claim can be verified, which currently takes about 5 years because the systems so backed up.

Biden had a bill which would’ve made that process 6 months, taking away a lot of the motivation to falsely claim asylum, but Trump blocked it… you know, because he cares so much.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No links to the quotes????? WTF is with this? 🤣

Wheeewwwwwwww it's getting thick 😀

Star & Flag

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Show us the exact language in that Bill that supports your wild claims. 😬

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: rickymouse
…..

There should be a mandatory requirement that anyone coming into this country to live must know how to speak English. Why should our school kids now be forced to take Spanish class?

There is.

Here are the requirements for an immigrant to become a naturalized citizen:

Permanent residency: Have been a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least five years
Physical presence: Have been physically present in the US for at least 30 months out of the 5 years
English proficiency: Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Civics knowledge: Have a basic knowledge of US history and government
Moral character: Be a person of “good moral character”
Loyalty oath: Take a loyalty oath and support the Constitution and form of government of the United States

I guess you didn’t get the memo.

Almost all nations have the same or similar requirements to have some proficiency in the local language, if you are going to stay there permanently.

Also, no school kid is forced to take Spanish. Many school districts have a requirement to study a foreign language in high school, with the main options being Spanish, French, Russian, German, and Chinese. Having been born and raised in a former Spanish colony (California) I took Spanish and found it quite useful—especially when I started traveling to the larger Spanish-speaking world.

Again, most developed countries have similar requirements. It’s not uncommon for younger citizens of European countries to speak 2 or more languages besides their native one.

Yeah well first they have to meet the requirements for applying for asylum, which is how most are getting in, most of them are not here because of religious, political or racial persecution. They’re here for the money, you here this coming directly from there own mouths. That is not a legal grounds for obtaining asylum. Maybe you didn’t get the memo.

That’s the thing, they can just claim asylum then are able to legally remain in the US until there claim can be verified, which currently takes about 5 years because the systems so backed up.

Biden had a bill which would’ve made that process 6 months, taking away a lot of the motivation to falsely claim asylum, but Trump blocked it… you know, because he cares so much.

Do you mean that joke of a bill that would require lots of border crossings per day before they thought about stopping anyone?

The limit for illeagle crossings per day before stopping them should be none. No illeagle crossings.
They should have worked through proper channels in their country and our government to arrange for asylum and migration.

Don't want to play by the rules? Then go home. It is that simple.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
CLOSED PENDING SOURCES FOR THE QUOTES ON PAGE ONE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join