It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman met a group of migrants at a school bus stop. Then the story hit the internet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: KrustyKrab

That is of course a belief held by many many people. This article attempts to point out that at least this one story, used as a chapter in the book of ''fear'' was not in any fashion as dramatic as originally presented.

Don’t care how some liberal activist wants to spin the story, they’re here invading our country illegally. I’m tired of them being my problem and wanting my tax dollars. They have nothing to offer but burden to the citizens of our country.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
…..

There should be a mandatory requirement that anyone coming into this country to live must know how to speak English. Why should our school kids now be forced to take Spanish class?

There is.

Here are the requirements for an immigrant to become a naturalized citizen:

Permanent residency: Have been a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least five years
Physical presence: Have been physically present in the US for at least 30 months out of the 5 years
English proficiency: Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Civics knowledge: Have a basic knowledge of US history and government
Moral character: Be a person of “good moral character”
Loyalty oath: Take a loyalty oath and support the Constitution and form of government of the United States

I guess you didn’t get the memo.

Almost all nations have the same or similar requirements to have some proficiency in the local language, if you are going to stay there permanently.

Also, no school kid is forced to take Spanish. Many school districts have a requirement to study a foreign language in high school, with the main options being Spanish, French, Russian, German, and Chinese. Having been born and raised in a former Spanish colony (California) I took Spanish and found it quite useful—especially when I started traveling to the larger Spanish-speaking world.

Again, most developed countries have similar requirements. It’s not uncommon for younger citizens of European countries to speak 2 or more languages besides their native one.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

And lets not forget the many babies that were found clinging to dead in the desert heat when drug cartels doing child sex trafficking drop them because they were too sick for sell once in the US.

The last story I read that was allowed to be given in the US by the liberal media told about two babies that survived such ordeal, they were found alive, meanwhile, drug cartel and child sex traffickers buy these babies for pennies on the dollar back in south American countries to traffic them into the US.

Those are real horror stories worth to be in the media.

nypost.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

What kamala and biden does not want people to know, the true about the open border illegal immigration into the US.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Don't confuse an over abundance of ''reporting'' when there were only two witnesses. One was the driver who made the report and from then on refused to comment again, and the grandmother who was interviewed in this article.

You may or may not note that in the article you present there are claims of ''bus's'' yet none of that is substantiated by officials of the school or any other authority other than the local news outlet. In the article you present, it only mentions ''one bus'' that is the center of this story as mentioned in he email of the supervisor in her email.. This simple exaggeration of turning ''bus'' into bus's, is at the core of the issue of exaggeration.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: rickymouse
…..

There should be a mandatory requirement that anyone coming into this country to live must know how to speak English. Why should our school kids now be forced to take Spanish class?

There is.

Here are the requirements for an immigrant to become a naturalized citizen:

Permanent residency: Have been a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least five years
Physical presence: Have been physically present in the US for at least 30 months out of the 5 years
English proficiency: Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Civics knowledge: Have a basic knowledge of US history and government
Moral character: Be a person of “good moral character”
Loyalty oath: Take a loyalty oath and support the Constitution and form of government of the United States

I guess you didn’t get the memo.

Almost all nations have the same or similar requirements to have some proficiency in the local language, if you are going to stay there permanently.

Also, no school kid is forced to take Spanish. Many school districts have a requirement to study a foreign language in high school, with the main options being Spanish, French, Russian, German, and Chinese. Having been born and raised in a former Spanish colony (California) I took Spanish and found it quite useful—especially when I started traveling to the larger Spanish-speaking world.

Again, most developed countries have similar requirements. It’s not uncommon for younger citizens of European countries to speak 2 or more languages besides their native one.

Yeah well first they have to meet the requirements for applying for asylum, which is how most are getting in, most of them are not here because of religious, political or racial persecution. They’re here for the money, you here this coming directly from there own mouths. That is not a legal grounds for obtaining asylum. Maybe you didn’t get the memo.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think you have made that abundantly clear.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Apparently not because no one’s getting it. Very few anyways.
edit on 5-10-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Station27

The article and events as described by the grandmother present makes it clear there was no aggression and no attempted hijacking, yet, this was played out as an incredibly aggressive attack on a school bus filled with children. How does THAT make YOU feel.

I made no attempt to downplay the unlawful state of those people, only to describe the exaggerated state of the serotonin high achived by believing this occurrence was as it was believed to be by so many willing to believe it.

Please explain to everyone how entering a country illegally is not an act of aggression? Definitely against the law. You don't think willfully breaking laws is not a form of aggression against the people the laws are there to protect?

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 5-10-2024 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Apparently not because no one’s getting it.

What? No one is getting it? Here, let me re post your comment.

Don’t care how some liberal activist wants to spin the story, they’re here invading our country illegally. I’m tired of them being my problem and wanting my tax dollars. They have nothing to offer but burden to the citizens of our country.

Would you care to moderate your exaggeration here because it seems to me that at least half the country ''gets it''.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Would you care to moderate your exaggeration here because it seems to me that at least half the country ''gets it''.

What exaggeration? I didn’t exaggerate anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Obviously half isn’t getting it. Stop trying to stymie his free speech.

a reply to: BingoMcGoof

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

No, I will not as that is not the exaggeration of aggression presented in the original evolution of this story weeks ago. That is the level of ''non aggression'' this article was addressing.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The current administration doesn’t think so, their raisin the toast to the detriment of the citizens.

Damn it, now I’m hungry.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

The comment was ''no one gets it'', not ''only half'' gets it.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Funny, 62% of Americans favor deporting illeagles. It was just 51% a few months ago. Just wait, it will get higher.

Now, in what country is this half that gets it?

edit on 5-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Dalamax

The comment was ''no one gets it'', not ''only half'' gets it.

Was it?

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No, I will not as that is not the exaggeration of aggression presented in the original evolution of this story weeks ago. That is the level of ''non aggression'' this article was addressing.

Ok then, explain how hiding a group of men in bushes to conceal that they are there and bringing them out all together is not aggressive in any way? Sounds like it could be considered that way to me.

Illeagles that comited a crime already just by being there, engage in suspicious activity. What exactly am I not getting about that?

I am not against immigrants just illeagle immagrents.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

The ILLEGAL immigrants impact people’s lives in many ways other than hiding in bushes waiting for buses.

“I’m a registered Democrat…My wife is a legal immigrant, and we’ve spent over $10,000 for her to be here legally. How dare you insult us by letting millions waltz right in while we’ve done everything the right way?

x.com...

Illegal immigration is illegal, against the law, bad, for a reason.

This guys story is heartbreaking.

Shame on anyone they justifies what’s happening.

Yay, they didn’t hijack a bus!

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

All I can suggest to you is to read back in that conversation where the poster states their opinion to which I replied, he had made it abundantly clear. That poster then replied that ''no one gets it'' and i replied that half the country did. I just grabbed a general percentage there and was not being factual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join