It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Audio Confirm Haitian Goose-Hunting In Ohio: ‘They All Had Geese In Their Hands’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

It's nothing new that people are xenophobic and racist. Making up stories about immigrants/minorities to vilify them.

Yeah.

Nothing new about that.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're purposely being obtuse. They have no claims that were proven to be true. Your assumption is that they are being ignored. Now if you have proof that there is no follow up, please post a link.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

I have a number of Haitian friends, so I polled them on this subject.

Turns out they all prefer KFC and Taco Bell over dogs and cats.

I didn’t think to ask them about long pig, however. That might be a different story.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It's nothing new that people are xenophobic and racist. Making up stories about immigrants/minorities to vilify them.

Yeah.

Nothing new about that.

Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!! NO !!?? ... Not XENOPHOBIA. !!!!!! Noooo!!!!!

I know I know. Just go back and tell your crew they are racist if they don't let the bugs hug their face and swallow their soul.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

They have no claims that were proven to be true. Your assumption is that they are being ignored.

🤣🤣🤣. Yes. people like you are trying to ignore the reports and dismiss them by saying they have not been proven in a court of law . Exactly. 🤣

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Seriously? OK, so if me and my neighbors all report that Bigfoot has been swimming in our pools and post it all over social media, then you will believe that Bigfoot is swimming in pools in SE Michigan?

That explains a lot actually. 🤣

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I’m all for deporting any illegals.. goose eating or not.

Not sure why enforcing current laws and protecting our border is so controversial.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Don't Americans hunt and shoot geese?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Don't Americans hunt and shoot geese?

Yes.
Citizens with hunting licenses during hunting season.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't doubt this........same thing happened here in the 70's when some Vietnamese were re-located here.

Pets started disappearing.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ah. I see.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I vaguely remember this being an issue with Lao and Cambodians as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

In some countries, dogs and cats are food, not pets.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Chinese eat anything. Bats and such like.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Seriously? OK, so if me and my neighbors all report that Bigfoot has been swimming in our pools and post it all over social media, then you will believe that Bigfoot is swimming in pools in SE Michigan?

That explains a lot actually. 🤣

Good strategy. You're making tangents so bizarre everybody will automatically think the goose story is false. 🦆

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Not in the United States. Pets even get healthcare plans in USA.

edit on 11-9-2024 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeStupidName

originally posted by: RickinVa

Not in the United States. Pets even get healthcare plans in USA.

That's the problem,,, migrants brought into this country who grew up eating dogs and cats DO NOT assimilate when brought here.....they just keep on doing what they know.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

There is a hunting season for them. But you need a license, the proper firearm, you have to obey all safety regulations and many areas are off limits to hunting. Years ago we had a local issue with immigrants fishing without licenses. I gave up fishing because I balked at paying increasing costs plus having to buy trout stamps. This is called poaching and if they'd be charged they'd get hundreds of dollars in fines.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
They aren't protected. There is a hunting season for them.

And while I would bet not one of these immigrants has a permit, I bet the new talking point to make this behavior "OK", will be that they did it "in season" Which I believe is the same as MI's. The first 2 or three weeks of Sept.

It isn't right though, what they are doing.
And we are screwed.

It isn't the hunting season for geese yet in Michigan and even Ohio, and you need a special license for waterfowl in most states.

It doesn't matter if you shoot them or grab them by the neck to kill them, it is against the law. I think that the duck and goose stamp is a federal issue in states since migrating birds cross many state lines. If I got caught with a goose out of season, they would take my gun, assess a big fine, and if I didn't pay I would get hauled into jail till I paid the fine.

So, I guess if the FEDS want to open up the season for these people, they have to let everyone kill the geese without a license. I know some people in town who would kill them if it was because they poop on their lawns. If the government does nothing with these people, it would set precedence and everyone who has them pooping in their yard can kill them.

Although, our laws seem only to apply to citizens, not immigrants these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

I have a number of Haitian friends, so I polled them on this subject.

Turns out they all prefer KFC and Taco Bell over dogs and cats.

I didn’t think to ask them about long pig, however. That might be a different story.

They just get here with nothing, or did they grow up here?

Makes a difference on how they were raised, you know, what is normal in their country.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join