It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Defense Forces Shoot American Woman in the Head in Occupied West Bank

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Aysenur Ezgi Eygi who was born in Turkey had duel Nationality , she was part of a protest against the expansion of an illegal settlement in the West Bank when she was killed by an IDF bullet , sadly she isn't the first and likely won't be the last.

US State Department spokesman Matthew Miller, who confirmed Ms Ezgi Eygi's identity, said Washington is "urgently gathering more information about the circumstances of her death and will have more to say as we learn more".

Mr Miller also offered his "deepest condolences" to Ms Ezgi Eygi's family and loved ones.

Dr Fouad Naffa, head of the hospital to which Ms Ezgi Eygi was admitted, confirmed that a US citizen in her mid-20s died from a "gunshot in the head".

In a statement, the IDF said it was "looking into reports that a foreign national was killed as a result of shots fired in the area".

"The details of the incident and the circumstances in which she was hit are under review," the Israeli military added.

According to reports by Palestinian media, the 26-year-old had been involved in a campaign to protect farmers from Israeli settler violence.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Now Israel has destroyed Gaza they are working at pace to settle the West Bank from the Palestinians so all that will remain is Israel , Ethnic Cleansing while the World looks on.

West Bank settlements as of last year.

peacenow.org.il...

RiP Aysenur Ezgi Eygi ....Murdered by a murderous regime.
edit on 6-9-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Please show the link to your quoted source.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Please show the link to your quoted source.
Thanks.

Sorry , fixed.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wow. that article reads like it could have been written by Al-Jazeera, even so, it seems she violently attacked soldiers.

Or did I miss something after reading it twice?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Left out (from OP link):

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) say they "responded with fire toward a main instigator of violent activity who hurled rocks at the forces and posed a threat to them" in the Beita area.

IDF says it was self-defense.
Probably an important and relevant point to include in the OP.
edit on CamFri, 06 Sep 2024 11:24:53 -0500Friday 1amSeptember20249 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) say they "responded with fire toward a main instigator of violent activity who hurled rocks at the forces and posed a threat to them" in the Beita area.

There is no mention of who the instigator of the alleged rock throwing was , and what the "IDF says" is often shown to be wrong , a polite term for lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I won't judge this till I find out what actually happened. It is not uncommon for Hamas to do this kind of thing and shift the blame to IDF. It's war, we cannot believe anything we hear from either side. It could have been an IDF stray bullet from someone shooting at something else or shooting to stop someone from running. That happens occasionally too. but a person is dead, and whether carelessness or intentional, there should be some justice even though this stuff happens all the time in wars.

I have heard of tales from friends who were in Vietnam and Korea and cambodia....Horrible stories of how some Americans killed civilians in towns years back. Many of the soldiers did not like that kind of murder, but they were afraid of the consequences...they had to depend on those guys that did it to work with them in battle. Don't piss off your fellow soldier, the bullet can come from behind too, and maybe that guy will not protect you when in combat.

I heard stories from WW11 too, guys of all wars usually did not want to talk about this stuff to just anyone....only those they trusted. I usually tried never to bring it up and when a conversation turned to that, I tried to listen and then would steer the conversation elsewhere so they did not get too distraught.
edit on 6-9-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm sure we can all agree that Hamass and "Palestinian Media" lie very often in matters concerning the IDF.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Bull crap sensationalism, Hamas have a record of it, they use anything to inflame the public, especially the butt kissing hamas Palestinians in the US hiding behind US laws.

AT least the women was in the war zone, no like the ones in the US.

If you are in war zone you have no protections, you can easily become a "casualty of war"

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So ... she was a foreigner who purposely interjected herself into a volatile area, and she attacked the security forces there. Security forces protected themselves. She got herself shot. Looks like it's her own fault.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

AT least the women was in the war zone

The West Bank isn't the war zone.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

TBN Israel's Yair Pinto reports on the Israel-Hamas War. Pinto reports that the IDF has destroyed several new Hamas terror tunnels in Gaza, one in which a Hamas tunnel warfare manual was found. In Judea and Samaria, the IDF continues its antiterrorism operations as Iran attempts to ignite another front there against Israel. Stay up-to-date with the latest developments here on TBN Israel.

as suspected, Iran involved as usual ☠️ The Iranian "Schutzstaffel"

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Shall we handle this as the Turks handled the murder of 1.5 million of my people and extended family? Shall we?

Here: It never happened!

Hows that grab yuh?

THIS REFLECTS DIRECTLY ON HER MOTHER, WHO DIDNT TRAIN HER PROPERLY.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Let's not split hairs. The whole damn place is a war zone. You don't go where the bullets are flying and start throwing rocks at soldiers who are already on edge and expect to be perfectly safe.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Ok this is probably like in the top 5 of dumbest questions in the universe but I haven't really followed what went on when Israel became its own land, like in 1948 or the 6 day war in 1967 so just bear with me here.

So according to the Geneva convention the settlements are illegal? And the International court of Justice according to Wikipedia just reaffirmed in 2024 that the settlements are illegal.

Israel disputes this because the areas of Gaza, West Bank and Golan Heights are unoccupied according to them and there is no internationally recognized legal sovereign state in that area, so it belongs to no one or no country so they feel like they're entitled to these lands or can settle them?

Am I understanding this? And they claim that is why the Geneva Convention shouldn't apply to their settlements?

Who is promoting the continued settlements because it seems they've been determined illegal by many different governing and legal groups. Even the UN said its illegal. So who is pushing it just says "the Israeli government" on Wikipedia but it seems this has been going on for decades now and there is obviously more than one person in the Israeli government so is this just how they all feel? They are entitled to the land because Palestine isn't recognized internationally as its own sovereign state?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

but it seems this has been going on for decades now and there is obviously more than one person in the Israeli government so is this just how they all feel? They are entitled to the land because Palestine isn't recognized internationally as its own sovereign state?

Yes , from the beginning.

“Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves … politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves… The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country. … Behind the terrorism [by the Arabs] is a movement, which though primitive is not devoid of idealism and self sacrifice.”
— David Ben Gurion.

“We must do everything to insure they (the Palestinians) never do return.”
David Ben-Gurion, in his diary, 18 July 1948
www.progressiveisrael.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wonder if it's found this woman did in fact attack the IDF soldiers, the OP will apologize for lying to the forum?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So it's OK to shoot someone in the head for throwing stones ?

Starting to feel like I'm living in an alternate history where Hitler won the war.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: network dude

So it's OK to shoot someone in the head for throwing stones ?

Starting to feel like I'm living in an alternate history where Hitler won the war.

What if she displayed tendencies of being a suicide bomber? ☠️

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What would you rather they have done in that situation? Assuming she was the one throwing stones.
Knock her down and take her into custody so we can hear about how the IDF is taking hostages?
Fire a warning shot so we can hear about how the IDF is firing at unarmed civilians?
Shoot her in the foot or hand so we can hear about how the IDF is maiming unarmed civilians?

I can tell you that if I'm armed and someone is throwing rocks at me they're gonna be shot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join