It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Rebukes Trump Campaign

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

You gave 4 links for 2 different stories. That's all they are, "stories". No audio, no video, no pictures, just something someone said.

Jeez. You're thick.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

You gave 4 links for 2 different stories. That's all they are, "stories". No audio, no video, no pictures, just something someone said.

Jeez. You're thick.

Yet you are the one who apparently can't count above 2.

edit on 6-9-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: PorkChop96

I ask again, where is the video proof Trump said those things about those buried at ANC?

All of your "incidents" have been disproven over and over again. Specifically the one this thread is about.

You have nothing so you focus on the left talking points to try and make yourself seem relevant.

Just saying it's disproven doesn't make it so

I am also not sure what makes you think anything said on a dying conspiracy site makes anyone relevant but ok.

You're right, being disproven makes it disproven.......

If nothing matters, then why are you hear trying to prove something you can't?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

www.theatlantic.com...

apnews.com...

www.axios.com...

foreignpolicy.com...

Yep no examples at all

So, two talking about this recent event that they jumped on the initial narrative from the left. That narrative has evolved as we learned the families invited him and asked for pictures along with other handicap service members there supporting the event.

We don't see follow-up reports because this doesn't play into the OMB agenda. It is quickly turning into a "never mind" situation from the left and then they went on the defense suggesting Biden/Harris would have gone if they knew about it even though many families said they asked, yeah, right?

The other two articles jumped on this below.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

That all has been hashed and rehashed as something so comical to even suggest anyone would have said that, including Bill/Hillary who hated the military.

This was pushed by Biden as part of his campaign

Snopes (which is liberal)

However, there appeared to be no evidence of an audio or video recording of the remarks in question, nor was there any documentation, such as transcripts or presidential notes, to independently confirm or deny the alleged quotes' authenticity.

The typical "anonymous sources" that were used 100s of times against Trump and just kind of dried up, but they still got the story out and that is all they want to do.

Snopes

Just days later, Zach Fuentes, a former White House aide who left the administration in early 2019 and was with the president on the Paris trip and presumably near him during the in-question conversations about the cemetery visit, stood up for Trump in an interview with Breitbart.

Referring to Gen. John Kelly, who was with Trump during the trip as his chief of staff, he said, "I did not hear POTUS call anyone losers when I told him about the weather. Honestly, do you think General Kelly would have stood by and let ANYONE call fallen Marines losers?"

Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton, who said he was on the trip, also issued a denial to Fox News, days after the article came out, saying it was "simply false."

Then-U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also denied the claims in an interview with Fox News in September 2020. He said, "I was with him for a good part of that trip, if I'm thinking about this visit and the timing right, and I never heard him use the words that are described in that article. Just, I never saw it."

edit on x30Fri, 06 Sep 2024 10:56:09 -05002024249America/ChicagoFri, 06 Sep 2024 10:56:09 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The "suckers" and "losers" - debunked (no evidence he ever said that)

This recent Arlington "incident " - no video or audio, just someone who said "something ".

Am I missing any?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Said something then didn't press charges because evidence would be required

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Good job focusing on the one thing that there is literally no proof of him actually saying these things. The media never makes up things that come out of his mouth, you're absolutely right.

We are still waiting for more than your 4 oddly biased links

You asked for links I gave them.

You can and no doubt will choose not to believe or downplay them as you want.

If you're citing sources that have been debunked then you need better sources.

Maybe this'll help

Well if you say they have been debunked that makes all the difference.

Unequivocal denials came from virtually every official on the trip:

Zach Fuentes, former deputy to Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly: “I did not hear POTUS call anyone losers when I told him about the weather. Honestly, do you think General Kelly would have stood by and let ANYONE call fallen Marines losers?” (Breitbart, 9/7/20)

John Bolton, former National Security Advisor: “I didn't hear either of those comments or anything even resembling them. I was there at the point in time that morning when it was decided that he would not go Aisne-Marne cemetery. He decided not to do it because of John Kelly's recommendation. It was entirely a weather-related decision, and I thought the proper thing to do.” (Fox News, 9/4/20)

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, former White House press secretary: “The Atlantic story on @realDonaldTrump is total BS. I was actually there and one of the people part of the discussion - this never happened … I am disgusted by this false attack.” (X, 9/3/20)

Hogan Gidley, former White House deputy press secretary: “These are disgusting, grotesque, reprehensible lies. I was there in Paris and the President never said those things … These weak, pathetic, cowardly background ‘sources’ do not have the courage or decency to put their names to these false accusations because they know how completely ludicrous they are. It's sickening that they would hide in the shadows to knowingly try and hurt the morale of our great military simply for an attack on a political opponent.” (X, 9/3/20)

Dan Scavino, White House deputy chief of staff for communications: “I was with POTUS in France, with Sarah, and have been at his side throughout it all. Complete lies by ‘anonymous sources’ that were ‘dropped’ just as he begins to campaign (and surge). A disgraceful attempt to smear POTUS, 60 days before the Presidential Election! Disgusting!!” (X, 9/3/20)

Jordan Karem, former personal aide to President Trump: “This is not even close to being factually accurate. Plain and simple, it just never happened.” (X, 9/3/20)

Johnny DeStefano, former counselor to President Trump: “I was on this trip. The Atlantic bit is not true. Period.” (X, 9/4/20)

Stephen Miller, former senior advisor to President Trump: “[A] despicable lie ... The president deeply wanted to attend the memorial event in question and was deeply displeased by the bad weather call." (Washington Examiner, 9/3/20)

Derek Lyons, former staff secretary and counselor to President Trump: “I was with the President the morning after the scheduled visit. He was extremely disappointed that arrangements could not be made to get him to the site, and that the trip had been cancelled.” (X, 9/4/20)

Dan Walsh, former White House deputy chief of staff: “I can attest to the fact that there was a bad weather call in France, and that the helicopters were unable to safely make the flight.” (White House Press Briefing, 9/4/20)

First Lady Melania Trump: “@TheAtlantic story is not true. It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation. This is not journalism - It is activism. And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation.” (X, 9/4/20)

Jamie McCourt, former U.S. Ambassador to France and Monaco: “In my presence, POTUS has NEVER denigrated any member of the U.S. military or anyone in service to our country. And he certainly did not that day, either. Let me add, he was devastated to not be able to go to the cemetery at Belleau Wood. In fact, the next day, he attended and spoke at the ceremony in Suresnes in the pouring rain.” (Breitbart, 9/7/20)

Mick Mulvaney, former acting White House chief of staff: “These claims are simply outrageous. I never heard the President disparage our war dead or wounded. In fact, the exact opposite is true. I was with him at the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion in Normandy. As we flew over the beaches by helicopter he was outwardly in awe of the accomplishments of the Allied Forces, and the sacrifices they paid.” (X, 9/4/20)

Maj. Gen. Bill Maz, secretary of the American Battle Monuments Commission: “I was the host of the event discussed by the false and despicable article published in The Atlantic magazine on 3 September … when the President’s visit was appropriately canceled due to weather, I received word also that he was upset he would not be able to make the wreath-laying visit…” (X, 9/8/20)

Tony Ornato, former deputy White House chief of staff, denied the report. (X, 9/3/20)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Unequivocal denials came from virtually every official on the trip:

Zach Fuentes, former deputy to Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly: “I did not hear POTUS call anyone losers when I told him about the weather. Honestly, do you think General Kelly would have stood by and let ANYONE call fallen Marines losers?” (Breitbart, 9/7/20)

John Bolton, former National Security Advisor: “I didn't hear either of those comments or anything even resembling them. I was there at the point in time that morning when it was decided that he would not go Aisne-Marne cemetery. He decided not to do it because of John Kelly's recommendation. It was entirely a weather-related decision, and I thought the proper thing to do.” (Fox News, 9/4/20)

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, former White House press secretary: “The Atlantic story on @realDonaldTrump is total BS. I was actually there and one of the people part of the discussion - this never happened … I am disgusted by this false attack.” (X, 9/3/20)

Hogan Gidley, former White House deputy press secretary: “These are disgusting, grotesque, reprehensible lies. I was there in Paris and the President never said those things … These weak, pathetic, cowardly background ‘sources’ do not have the courage or decency to put their names to these false accusations because they know how completely ludicrous they are. It's sickening that they would hide in the shadows to knowingly try and hurt the morale of our great military simply for an attack on a political opponent.” (X, 9/3/20)

Dan Scavino, White House deputy chief of staff for communications: “I was with POTUS in France, with Sarah, and have been at his side throughout it all. Complete lies by ‘anonymous sources’ that were ‘dropped’ just as he begins to campaign (and surge). A disgraceful attempt to smear POTUS, 60 days before the Presidential Election! Disgusting!!” (X, 9/3/20)

Jordan Karem, former personal aide to President Trump: “This is not even close to being factually accurate. Plain and simple, it just never happened.” (X, 9/3/20)

Johnny DeStefano, former counselor to President Trump: “I was on this trip. The Atlantic bit is not true. Period.” (X, 9/4/20)

Stephen Miller, former senior advisor to President Trump: “[A] despicable lie ... The president deeply wanted to attend the memorial event in question and was deeply displeased by the bad weather call." (Washington Examiner, 9/3/20)

Derek Lyons, former staff secretary and counselor to President Trump: “I was with the President the morning after the scheduled visit. He was extremely disappointed that arrangements could not be made to get him to the site, and that the trip had been cancelled.” (X, 9/4/20)

Dan Walsh, former White House deputy chief of staff: “I can attest to the fact that there was a bad weather call in France, and that the helicopters were unable to safely make the flight.” (White House Press Briefing, 9/4/20)

First Lady Melania Trump: “@TheAtlantic story is not true. It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation. This is not journalism - It is activism. And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation.” (X, 9/4/20)

Jamie McCourt, former U.S. Ambassador to France and Monaco: “In my presence, POTUS has NEVER denigrated any member of the U.S. military or anyone in service to our country. And he certainly did not that day, either. Let me add, he was devastated to not be able to go to the cemetery at Belleau Wood. In fact, the next day, he attended and spoke at the ceremony in Suresnes in the pouring rain.” (Breitbart, 9/7/20)

Mick Mulvaney, former acting White House chief of staff: “These claims are simply outrageous. I never heard the President disparage our war dead or wounded. In fact, the exact opposite is true. I was with him at the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion in Normandy. As we flew over the beaches by helicopter he was outwardly in awe of the accomplishments of the Allied Forces, and the sacrifices they paid.” (X, 9/4/20)

Maj. Gen. Bill Maz, secretary of the American Battle Monuments Commission: “I was the host of the event discussed by the false and despicable article published in The Atlantic magazine on 3 September … when the President’s visit was appropriately canceled due to weather, I received word also that he was upset he would not be able to make the wreath-laying visit…” (X, 9/8/20)

Tony Ornato, former deputy White House chief of staff, denied the report. (X, 9/3/20)

But... but... Biden said it happened during his campaign speech...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, if Biden said it, then it must be true. /s

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

The "suckers" and "losers" - debunked (no evidence he ever said that)

This recent Arlington "incident " - no video or audio, just someone who said "something ".

Am I missing any?

The Trump campaign said they had video. Were they lying?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Then where is the video?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

www.theatlantic.com...

apnews.com...

www.axios.com...

foreignpolicy.com...

Yep no examples at all

So, two talking about this recent event that they jumped on the initial narrative from the left. That narrative has evolved as we learned the families invited him and asked for pictures along with other handicap service members there supporting the event.

We don't see follow-up reports because this doesn't play into the OMB agenda. It is quickly turning into a "never mind" situation from the left and then they went on the defense suggesting Biden/Harris would have gone if they knew about it even though many families said they asked, yeah, right?

The other two articles jumped on this below.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

That all has been hashed and rehashed as something so comical to even suggest anyone would have said that, including Bill/Hillary who hated the military.

This was pushed by Biden as part of his campaign

Snopes (which is liberal)

However, there appeared to be no evidence of an audio or video recording of the remarks in question, nor was there any documentation, such as transcripts or presidential notes, to independently confirm or deny the alleged quotes' authenticity.

The typical "anonymous sources" that were used 100s of times against Trump and just kind of dried up, but they still got the story out and that is all they want to do.

Snopes

Just days later, Zach Fuentes, a former White House aide who left the administration in early 2019 and was with the president on the Paris trip and presumably near him during the in-question conversations about the cemetery visit, stood up for Trump in an interview with Breitbart.

Referring to Gen. John Kelly, who was with Trump during the trip as his chief of staff, he said, "I did not hear POTUS call anyone losers when I told him about the weather. Honestly, do you think General Kelly would have stood by and let ANYONE call fallen Marines losers?"

Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton, who said he was on the trip, also issued a denial to Fox News, days after the article came out, saying it was "simply false."

Then-U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also denied the claims in an interview with Fox News in September 2020. He said, "I was with him for a good part of that trip, if I'm thinking about this visit and the timing right, and I never heard him use the words that are described in that article. Just, I never saw it."

This John Kelly?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Then where is the video?

You tell me.

It was the Trump campaign that said it when they said a member of staff at Arlington was having a mental health episode.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Then where is the video?

You tell me.

It was the Trump campaign that said it when they said a member of staff at Arlington was having a mental health episode.

You still posting.

Is this some sort of joke? Like flat earth?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We ask you since you are the one making claims against things that have no proof or have been proven incorrect 10 times over.

Where is your video evidence to back up the "suckers" and "losers" quotes

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Then where is the video?

You tell me.

You still posting.

Is this some sort of joke? Like flat earth?

No you guys are far more entertaining than flat earthers.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

But, akin to flat earthers, you have no evidence that hasn't been disproven

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

We ask you since you are the one making claims against things that have no proof or have been proven incorrect 10 times over.

Where did I say there was video evidence of that?

link   

Multi post

link   

Multi post

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join