It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is dystopian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: 5thHead

This is what happens without a 2nd amendment.

Because America is swamped with firearms has that magically fixed all your problems?? Get back to me when America is safe and secure with no crime?!?!?!

Name one country that's safe and secure with no crime.

edit on 19-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

Because America is swamped with firearms has that magically fixed all your problems?? Get back to me when America is safe and secure with no crime?!?!?!

Name one country that's safe a secure with no crime.

So you're agreeing with my point here, guns aren't the fix for this problem .

edit on 19-8-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

They are definitely a dike to the flood of criminality that accompanies left wing policies.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Gun ownership isn't about stopping crime it's about protecting your life and the ones you love lives. It also add's a deterrence for governmental overreach both foreign and domestic. F15's won't help any government entities to repel us just like they didn't work against Islamic terrorist.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

a reply to: SomeStupidName

I don't remember this being a thread about America and the 2nd amemendment? America has a massive crime rate and a muder rate far higher that the UK's so from the outside looking in Guns haven't done anything for America except allow criminals to steal them to increase their productivity....

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The UK is releasing 5k prisoners to make room for anti-immigration protestors

Some of those will be voiIent offenders
x.com...

“We guarantee people(anti-immigration protestors) will have a jail cell”
Damn.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

x.com...

Damn.

How about a link for those quotes other than a twitter link?

This from back on July 12, 2024
www.nytimes.com...

There were, he told reporters, “far too many prisoners for the prison places that we’ve got,” adding, “I can’t build a prison in the first seven days of a Labour government — we will have to have a long-term answer to this.”

Under the new government’s plan, those serving some sentences in England and Wales would be released after serving 40 percent of their sentence, rather than at the midway point at which many are freed “on license,” a kind of parole.

The even earlier releases will not apply to those convicted of more serious crimes, including sexual offenses, serious violence and terrorism.

Starmer is blaming the conservatives for not investing money in our prison system over the 14 years they were in power. I don't agree with this tactic but I'm not sure what the quickest answer is to the over crowding, add to this those arrested recently and it doesn't looking good for the new government...

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

x.com...

Damn.

www.nytimes.com...

There were, he told reporters, “far too many prisoners for the prison places that we’ve got,” adding, “I can’t build a prison in the first seven days of a Labour government — we will have to have a long-term answer to this.”

Under the new government’s plan, those serving some sentences in England and Wales would be released after serving 40 percent of their sentence, rather than at the midway point at which many are freed “on license,” a kind of parole.

The even earlier releases will not apply to those convicted of more serious crimes, including sexual offenses, serious violence and terrorism.

Starmer is blaming the conservatives for not investing money in our prison system over the 14 years they were in power. I don't agree with tactic but I'm not sure what the quickest answer is to over crowding, add to this those arrested recently and it dnot looking good for the new government...

notthebee.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

x.com...

Damn.

www.nytimes.com...

Starmer is blaming the conservatives for not investing money in our prison system over the 14 years they were in power. I don't agree with tactic but I'm not sure what the quickest answer is to over crowding, add to this those arrested recently and it dnot looking good for the new government...

notthebee.com...

news.sky.com...

Operation Early Dawn is a long-standing plan that means defendants waiting for a court appearance could be held in police cells for longer until prison space is available in the event they are remanded in custody.

However, it could mean court dates are delayed or adjourned at short notice.

Prosecutors have been trying to fast-track cases of people accused of involvement in the recent riots in parts of the UK, with 927 people arrested and 466 of those charged by last Monday.

Mr Fairhurst told Sky News the North East and North West were under particular pressure and offenders there faced being "carted 100, 200 miles away from home" to serve their sentence.

The Ministry of Justice confirmed in a statement that prisons in the north of England had seen hundreds of people enter the prison estate in recent weeks after "the government took decisive action to tackle violent thuggery on our streets".

I can't find anything about the release of prisoners other that what was already put in action after Starmar came to power??

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

No, you're gaslighting me. I don't agree with you at all.

Enjoy your day!

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Is lying allowed?

Can a person lie without punishment?

Lying on social media, the speakers corner, in a bar, is a sign of freedom.

Lying does not obligate you to believe the lie.

You can refute the lie.

"When government, any government becomes the arbiters of truth then any disagreement could be considered a lie."
-Stolen from Orwell

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

1 hour ago…
www.bbc.com... edium=social&at_link_origin=BBCNews&at_link_type=web_link&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_format=link&at_ptr_name=twitter&at_campaign_type=owned&at_bbc_tea m=editorial&at_link_id=FF7E025E-5DEB-11EF-9A2C-CC5E78F14EA3

The government has activated emergency measures to ease prison overcrowding as more rioters are being sentenced for their role in recent unrest.
Across the north of England and parts of the midlands, defendants waiting for a court appearance will be kept in police cells until prison space is available.
The system, known as Operation Early Dawn, was activated on Monday morning. It was previously used by the Conservative government in May.
Prisons Minister Lord Timpson has said the emergency measures will help "manage the pressure felt in some parts of the country".

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

...A further post urged the "people of Southport" to "get out on the street", which garnered 1.7 million views, the court was told.

Ohhhhh... "Get out in the street.". Off with his head then. /s

Why the focus on how many people saw what he posted ? If you're post is viewed more than others should you punishment be double harsh ?

I've noticed Brits often try and justify their restrictions on speech by citing a large numbers of views.

Is it illegal or not ? What does the amount of views have to do with it. ?

Other posts showed a picture of the County Road mosque in Liverpool and a picture of burning car in Sunderland, which was accompanied by a post that read: "Sunderland, go on lads".

Meh

In another, he posted: "Starmer has basically said it us against them. Hold the line."

Other posts read "numbers are important" and "give them hell lads", the court heard.

O'Rourke's X profile was accompanied by a picture of a bulldog wearing a Union Jack jacket.

Oh my lord 😵 if true then this is all quite damning!!! /s

Seriously. Big whoop. 3 years for "give them hell lads". LOL. Go to a football game and arrest everyone I guess.

These examples are a hill of beans.

The court was told he admitted receiving about £1,400 a month in payments for his account.

Ohhhhh wooo wooo.... LOL

I'm not sure why that's a problem but I'm clearly supposed to think it is. LOL

I think it's you who should turn yourself in for re-education at the nearest school!

Spoken like a true authoritarian. Send them to the reeducation camps.

It's like a clockwork orange over there.

edit on 5311111America/Chicagoam19 by 5thHead because: 🍊

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What is the term I'm looking for? Is it "woke"? Naah, too new age. Is it "namby pamby", naah. It's more like petulant children in adult bodies.
EG.
When I was a child and got into trouble and came out with the excuse (excuse is exactly the word) he made me do it. My mother would say "If they told you to jump in the river would you do it". Even as a child my mind reasoned that words are not the problem it's actions. Telling or calling for any action is no action, that is up to the individual to decide whether it's right or wrong. There are way too many influential people, in government and the media that come out with this excuse "they've hurt my feelz" BS.

As I said in an earlier post, this man got years locked up for feelz now what is the man who broke a policewoman's nose in Manchester airport going to get. Don't hold your breath, he aint even been charged yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

What's really scary is they've only been in power 6 weeks , 5 years to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Maybe try looking it up first, before posting incorrect statements......

americangunfacts.com...

393 Million

Holy SH!T, and there are only 330 million people. That means, that the guns can win. I have to totally rethink my position. Do the guns meet up with each other and plot things on us? I'm a little scared now.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: SomeStupidName

I don't remember this being a thread about America and the 2nd amemendment? America has a massive crime rate and a muder rate far higher that the UK's so from the outside looking in Guns haven't done anything for America except allow criminals to steal them to increase their productivity....

Well, you are the one that brought up guns not being the answer. Feel free to choke on your own pithy quote.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Like I said, you should maybe look at finishing school....

en.wikipedia.org...

Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, sex, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation, but not transgender status[1] is forbidden.[2][3][4][5] Any communication which is threatening or abusive, and is intended to harass, alarm, or distress someone is forbidden.[6] The penalties for hate speech include fines, imprisonment, or both

As for America, you don't have specific laws but......

The Department of Justice enforces federal hate crimes laws that cover certain crimes committed on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability. The Department of Justice began prosecuting federal hate crimes cases after the enactment of the Civil Rights Act of 1968.

The Supreme Court has upheld laws that punish hate violence as an aggravating factor in the normal sentencing guidelines. In Wisconsin v. Mitchell, 508 U.S. 476 (1993) a gang of black youths beat up a white teenager because he was white. The Supreme Court upheld the Wisconsin law that considering the hate based crime in an assault as an aggravating factor is not in contravention of the first amendment.

You also can't seem to able to tell the difference between a link to a quote and comment....

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well, you are the one that brought up guns not being the answer. Feel free to choke on your own pithy quote

You should maybe try reading the thread first before pretending to be smart....

I responded to this comment

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well, you are the one that brought up guns not being the answer. Feel free to choke on your own pithy quote

You should maybe try reading the thread first before pretending to be smart....

I responded to this comment

LSU's comment was pertinent as the 2nd protects the 1st which is what is being lost daily, hell hourly it seems, in the UK. Your pithy retort is what was closest to off topic, Einstein.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join