It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Understand What Gaslighting Is

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ya, I just remodeled my bathroom. Did pretty much everything myself except for a couple of friends helping like my plumbing buddy. With the cost of labor it would have been way too expensive to do.

It was frustrating going with friends that have been getting materials for years telling me when I bought something “this used to be x amount of money and now it’s this” like 2x4s, drywall, plywood, ect. A fn basic paint brush is like $5 now…

There is a fantastic Canadian guy on YouTube called “Home RenoVision DIY” who has almost anything you can think of for home renovation and work walk throughs. The thing that got me the most financial wise was probably the cost of tools over the years but I am building up my arsenal of em
a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It was too funny, literally a couple days after my brother and I’s conversation Kamala comes out about how the prices of groceries is too high and lists the percentages! 🤣🤣
You just can’t make this stuff up. I sent the clip to my brother, still haven’t heard back haha

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sisavran
The thing that got me the most financial wise was probably the cost of tools over the years but I am building up my arsenal of em

Used tools are just as good as new... you can get steals at carport sales

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
Gas lighting is a psychological manipulation tactic employed by people with the Dark Triad personality traits to keep their victims under subjective control. Narcs/psychopaths use gas lighting to evade responsibility for their abusive behavior and to sow seeds of confusion in their victims. When victims doubt their own judgement and intuition, they lose the confidence to think for themselves. They outsource thinking and decision making to "authority figures" and "experts". Government officials effectively use media to Gas Light the masses in order to secure their position of power. Essentially, it's a form of brainwashing.

The problem is the left just believes it all and runs with it as if it was all true. So, they kind of gaslight themselves and like it.

Many people buy into the delusion of the lies they tell themselves. The whole world is deluded.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

And Harbor Freight has great throw-away tools and many decent tools for occasional household jobs.

At least that's the husband's excuse for having thousands of drill bits, buying whole kits for a single bit.
edit on 18-8-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

Many people buy into the delusion of the lies they tell themselves. The whole world is deluded.

Not everyone is so far gone though. If I point at the sly and say it is blue, how in the hell does a person say it is red? What is it that drives people to that level, we are talking 2 + 2 = 5 kind of crap.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This isn't even remotely close to what gaslighting is.
The term gaslighting comes from an old movie about a man who slowly drives his wife crazy by adjusting the intensity of a gaslit lamp and when she comments on the intensity of the light having changed he tells her that it hasn't changed at all and it's all in her mind.

Disagreeing with someone isn't gaslighting. Telling someone they're wrong is not gaslighting in and of itself.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This isn't even remotely close to what gaslighting is.
The term gaslighting comes from an old movie about a man who slowly drives his wife crazy by adjusting the intensity of a gaslit lamp and when she comments on the intensity of the light having changed he tells her that it hasn't changed at all and it's all in her mind.

Disagreeing with someone isn't gaslighting. Telling someone they're wrong is not gaslighting in and of itself.

Great analogy.

My fav is

Pissing on my leg and telling me that was rain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join