It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KamalaCare - Candidate Harris to Replace Private Insurance With Government Healthcare.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: FlyersFan

From the charts I am looking at from 2020 to 2023, you are right, it goes up and down. Isn't the prudent thing to do is at least give it a try and work out the kinks along the way?
Oh ffs 🤦‍♂️ Pelosi reincarnate. “we got to pass it to see what’s in it”, amiright? Since when did the government ever fix anything that was bad when it started? They tend to always make everything worse mostly due to mismanagement.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What do we have here, just out today. This is government in the insurance business in a nut shell. They screw up everything they touch and pass the buck to taxpayers.

In a move critics say is designed to shield the Biden-Harris administration from election fallout, the administration has leveraged taxpayer funds to mask upcoming increases in Medicare premiums.

Under the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), which was intended to cap out-of-pocket drug costs for Medicare beneficiaries, insurers are poised to significantly hike monthly premiums, with average bids for Part D plans expected to triple by 2025.

response to potential voter backlash, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rolled out a three-year "demonstration project" to subsidize these premiums, aiming to keep them artificially low. However, despite the appearance of relief, some critics are saying that taxpayers will fund a dramatic increase in subsidies — from $30 per recipient per month in 2024 to $142.70 in 2025 — raising concerns about the long-term impact on government spending and debt. 

This is only going to get worse in 2025, 2026," Grogan continued. "The program is in a death spiral. They announced a three-year demo. It's already broken. The demo is going to fail. Premiums are still going to go up."

They've destroyed part D premiums," Grogan told Fox News Digital in an interview. "I'm not sure it'll survive legal scrutiny if someone were to sue. Objectively, it shouldn't be done. It's just interjecting $5-10 billion of taxpayer dollars, while the taxpayers are paying the price 85 days before an election. It's sickening."

[url=Biden-Harris administration using taxpayer money to mask Medicare premium hikes before election: critics www.foxnews....
edit on 14-8-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As a Canadian I can say first hand government health care sucks and it sucks bad. Totally incompetent mess like everything run with zero competition. No drive to innovate. No fear of getting fired because it’s impossible. People just die waiting to be seen on the regular.

It’s the absolute worst of both worlds. It’s free but you never get it.

I would absolutely love to have a private separate Canadian system I could pay for to totally by pass the government mess.

I would gladly pay and insurance premiums to not have to ever set foot in the public health care system again.
I don’t even have that choice.

a reply to: Threadbarer

edit on 14-8-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: nugget1

If what you were saying was true it should be reflected in life expectancy, but it's not. The life expectancy in countries with healthcare systems that rank above the US tend to be higher.

Perhaps that's because they don't allow many of the drugs to be used that are known to be harmful and are commonly used in America?

Might also have something to do with other countries not allowing known hrmful ingredients in their food that are proven to cause serious health issues-including many forms of cancer-that are so common in the American food chain?

America removes these known harmful ingredients when catering to the foriegn food market. What more do we need to know to figure out the obvious difference?

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Canadians don't have access to private health insurance? Do Canadians give immigrants healthcare?

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
a reply to: Threadbarer

Or the French, or the Italian, or the Spanish, or the Japanese.

After traveling to countries that provide better health care than in the US at lower costs, it continues to blow my mind that Americans think it's impossible to do better than our current system. That idea is just based on ignorance and arrogance.

Doing "better" is easy, if the demands are fewer and less urgent. I had a fishing guide in Canada who had us lift coolers because he had a hernia. A hernia that was to be repaired in 4 months. he didn't mind much.

Americans wouldn't want to wait 4 days for the operation, let alone 4 months.

It all boils down to what a given society is willing to tolerate.

edit on 1482024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join