It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon invites Kamala to X interview

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Seems like there was an immigration bill, ready to go.
A pretty substantial one.
Then some lunatic made a few calls.’
And it didn’t make it through.
Some say it’s because the lunatic wanted credit for fixing immigration at a later date.
I dunno, is any of that true?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That question has been ignored from the first page of this thread. No answer in sight

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Singling out the service industry is probably illegal. 😃 Highly prejudicial for sure. Typical innit.

Highly prejudicial against whom, for example?

I'm sure SCOTUS will be all over that.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

Thank you for you heartfelt post.
I read it all, and though we disagree I appreciate your explanations of why you feel the way you do.

I also like that avatar!
edit on 13-8-2024 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

$60 billion in aid for Ukraine and $14 billion for Israel tied to the 'immigration' bill.
Still allowing thousands and thousands of illegals in every day.
Yeah ... great bill ....

The border was working.
BIden got in and purposely broke it.
He left it broken for 3 1/2 years.
Then when it became an election issue, he decided
to try to look good and do something, even something
bad. And that failed.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: burntheships

I don't see Trump doing any sit-down interviews with Lawrence O'Donnell or Rachel Maddow.

I get the feeling that you guys all think that Trump did well, in his interview with Elon last night. That Trump and Elon "knocked it out of the park"!

LOL

Can you link to where they offered and he refused? If not, then what the F are you talking about?

You know what 'm talking about.

And sure, Trump has had an open invitation on any CNN or MSNBC show to appear, phone-in or for his campaign to even respond to the many requests they've put out for them to respond to certain issues, from time to time.

Also, Lawrence ODonnell, Rachel Maddow, et al, are professional journalists working for professional networks that specialize in political interviews and discussions.

Elon Musk is an out of touch, rich elite, nerdy wanna-be Bond type megalomaniac villain/savior, who bought a media outlet so that he could have a loud voice. He's used his new "X" platform to promote himself, his ego and his world view.

edit on 5120242024k19America/Chicago2024-08-13T13:19:51-05:0001pm2024-08-13T13:19:51-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

What language in the bill would have stopped the current change in and abuse of people filing for asylum? The incentive for people showing up.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Trump has had an open invitation on any CNN or MSNBC show to appear, phone-in ...

You just said that Harris shouldn't do X because it was unfriendly territory.
Now you want Trump to go on CNN and MSNBC which are hostile towards him.
Kinda hypocritical.

Also, Lawrence ODonnell, Rachel Maddow, et al, are professional journalists ...

you make me laugh

Elon Musk is an ...

... extremely rich guy who is in line to be the worlds richest man. Runs a massively successful business. He's exceptionally smart and he's independent of party affiliation making his decisions for him. As someone who can think for himself, the left hates him for not 'staying on the plantation'.
edit on 8/13/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

20 billion to the border, and most of that was to go to the 2006 fence initiative that Trump ignored because he wanted to build a concrete wall and make Mexico pay for it.

Not only that it would have allowed for the border security become tighter and be a lot more strict on asylum seekers.

Trump admitted to blocking the bill not because some of it was to go to foreign aid, but because he didn't want a Democrat victory of any kind.
Don't worry tho, if Trump gets back in money will flow back to Isreal again and he'll turn his back on NATO so his buddy Putin can continue to ravage eastern Europe.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Singling out the service industry is probably illegal. 😃 Highly prejudicial for sure. Typical innit.

Highly prejudicial against whom, for example?

I'm sure SCOTUS will be all over that.

Other tip groups would be excluded from the tax exemption. Easy to ID. It's like that now to some extent especially in Nevada. Some tips are actually monitored by employers and on workers' W2 !!!!!!! Other tipped workers don't have to tell anyone anything. There are some court cases going on too. 😬 Tip income affects things like 401k stuff and a few other things like credit ratings and mortgage/loan qualifications.

Publication 531 (12/2023), Reporting Tip Income

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Then some lunatic made a few calls.’
And it didn’t make it through.
Some say it’s because the lunatic wanted credit for fixing immigration at a later date.
I dunno, is any of that true?

Is this the same lunatic waiting until after the election to not tax tips even though they’re in power currently?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Bizarre how Trump strengthened NATO and got member nations to begin paying what they promised to pay yet Rachel Maddow's "professionalism" as a real honest to God journalist on an approved network convinced you he weakend it.

edit on 5310214America/Chicagopm13 by 5thHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

The bill for Ukraine's borders and federal control over states ability to manage their own borders?

That bill....?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Has Kamala agreed to do an X spaces yet, or is she still hiding?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Other tip groups would be excluded from the tax exemption.

What other tip groups?

Easy to ID. It's like that now to some extent especially in Nevada. Some tips are actually monitored by employers and on workers' W2 !!!!!!!

That's great for people who need to show those that income to qualify for housing, or loans, for example.

That's great for people who don't want to show their real income, so that they can collect SNAP, Medicaid, HUD Vouchers...amirite?

Tip income affects things like 401k stuff and a few other things like credit ratings and mortgage/loan qualifications.

Yep, and reporting tips and having to pay taxes on that income or two different things. Everyone should be reporting their tips, whether they have to pay taxes on that income or not. Even Supreme Court Justices!

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

That wasn't Trump, that was Europe becoming aware of the looming threat in Eatsern Euriope.

Germany and France were increasing defense budgets before Trump got into office.
How about that wall tho?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Has Kamala agreed to do an X spaces yet, or is she still hiding?

Hiding.
She's running a basement campaign like Biden.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Kamala Harris is as ready to be President

as Raygun was ready for breakdancing gold in the Olympics

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

First off, to put Rachel Maddow in the same sentence with Elon Musk is like putting Einstein in the same sentence as Carrot Top!

Hey! I like carrot top. He's a pretty smart guy. And funny too. I'm not sure why people decided to throw him under the bus around the 90s or so . Probably because he was actually way more clever than the other comedians.

🤡

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: burntheships

I don't see Trump doing any sit-down interviews with Lawrence O'Donnell or Rachel Maddow.

I get the feeling that you guys all think that Trump did well, in his interview with Elon last night. That Trump and Elon "knocked it out of the park"!

LOL

Can you link to where they offered and he refused? If not, then what the F are you talking about?

You know what 'm talking about.

And sure, Trump has had an open invitation on any CNN or MSNBC show to appear, phone-in or for his campaign to even respond to the many requests they've put out for them to respond to certain issues, from time to time.

Also, Lawrence ODonnell, Rachel Maddow, et al, are professional journalists working for professional networks that specialize in political interviews and discussions.

Elon Musk is an out of touch, rich elite, nerdy wanna-be Bond type megalomaniac villain/savior, who bought a media outlet so that he could have a loud voice. He's used his new "X" platform to promote himself, his ego and his world view.

The same professional journalist getting sued for slander
nypost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join