It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time Trump Nearly Died in a Helicopter Crash? Didn’t Happen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Former President Donald J. Trump told a jaw-dropping story on Thursday about nearly dying in a helicopter ride with Willie Brown, the former California politician and ex-boyfriend of his rival, Vice President Kamala Harris.

There was only one problem with the story. Or maybe two. Or maybe three.

Source

So yesterday at his press conference, Trump told a dramatic story about how he almost died in a helicopter crash with Willie Brown.

There's only one small problem. It never happened.

Willie Brown has said that he's never been on a helicopter with Trump. There's speculation Trump was confusing Willie Brown with Jerry Brown even though they look nothing alike. Only problem with that is that Trump and Jerry Brown were never in a helicopter crash.

So what the hell was Trump talking about? Is his memory going? Is he suffering from dementia? These seem to be questions that need to be asked.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It’s not a headline on CNN, shrugs.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Trump says something dumb, but that never happens. He should stick to teleprompters and never speak off the cuff. Then everyone would love him.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Hell, thats not the only thing he misspoke on, I'm pretty sure he didn't have MLK-type numbers either.

That said all he has to do is make it to the Inauguration, thats 5 months. Are you sure you want 4 years of Vance?

better hope Trump deteriorates real quickly

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It they fact-checked the man in real time he would have a nose like Pinocchio methinks.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Willie Brown has said that he's never been on a helicopter with Trump.

Well ... Trump can talk a big talk and bloviate and exaggerate, but he usually gets the basics right. And then there is the fact that Willie Brown is 90 years old so it's entirely possible that it's Willie Brown who is getting the story wrong. We will probably never know the truth.

ETA ... okay, I"m reading around ... it wasn't a 'crash' ... it sounds like it was a hard emergency landing. Trump exaggerates and Willie Brown lies and is old and gets things wrong. So I"m back to we will never know the truth.

Small potatoes anyways. I'm more interested in someone asking Kamala about the economy and what her plan is ... and have her say something other than word salad back. And if she has a plan for the economy, which I doubt, then why hasn't she done it already. It's not like she's an outsider, she's the Vice President and if she had a plan it would already be in place.

edit on 8/9/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The thing is if he was not in a helicopter crash.

Then it's not bloviating and exaggeration.

It's a fantasy and an outright lie.

One would imagine there would be things like accident and hospital reports that could establish the veracity of his claim.

If indeed Trump was onboard where the alleged accident took place.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Willie Brown lies and is old and gets things wrong.

That's weird. You didn't seem to have a problem with Brown's trustworthiness when you made a thread about him making comments about Harris.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Like I said ... reading around it sounds like it was a 'hard landing' and not a crash. And Trump exaggerates everything. So there would be no police record or hospital record since a crash didn't happen. Hard landings happen often and are scary. Then there is the Willie Brown aspect. The man lies a lot and he is 90 which means his memory is probably shot. He could easily be lying or not remembering correctly.

Given how 'trustworthy' both Trump and Brown are with accurate information ... I'm saying we will never know what really happened.

Sounds like it could be the same as when Hillary claimed she came under gunfire while in Kosovo or Bosnia or someplace like that. That she had to run to the chopper while ducking. That never happened. There may have been gunfire in the area but it was never directed her direction and she never ran while ducking from gunfire. She may have ducked getting onto the chopper because of the blades whirling ... people do that.

I really don't care about a decades old hard landing in a helicopter. I care about the plan for the economy and want to hear it ....

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   

He shoulda said there was sniper fire. Maybe then you'd not question his words.

Or maybe if his uncle had some run in with cannibals?

Or maybe he is starting to develop dementia but this shouldnt be of concern....right?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
That's weird. You didn't seem to have a problem with Brown's trustworthiness when you made a thread about him making comments about Harris.

I didn't say he was telling the truth and I didn't say he was lying. I made a thread about his claim and said that he could end up being a problem for the Harris campaign. I'm sure they wish he'd go away.

The dude lies and is 90 years old and probably has a faulty memory. If he says the helicopter hard landing didn't happen, he may be right. But he also may be wrong.

Like I said ... whatever. They both lie and exaggerate. It was decades ago. I'm more interested in what effects me now ... talk about economy plans and border plans etc etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Threadbarers pointed it out through FlyersFan.

You were quite happy to use Willie Brown as a source of information in your own thread.

And now the information he supplies which dispels Trump's bulls@it is somehow suspect or not to be believed?

You're better than that Mrs come on!

Decades or not if there was a real crash it would have been reported i imagine.

And the thread is not about the economy or even Kamala Harris, but about Trump and the lies, downright falsehoods, and hyperbole he chooses to spout.
edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Hillary didn't lie about the sniper thing, she "misspoke".

Happy to clear that one up.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
You were quite happy to use Willie Brown as a source of information in your own thread.

As I stated .... I posted about Willie Brown making a claim and stated that he could end up being a problem for the Harris campaign. I'm sure she doesn't want any reminders of her affair with him when she was 29 and he was 60. I did NOT say that Willie Brown was credible or that he was lying either. I stated that he was making a claim.

And now the information he supplies which dispels Trump bulls@it is somehow suspect or not to be believed?

Trump is suspect when he tells stories. So is Willie Brown. Both are. I was clear. And for that matter so is Harris. She's a stink'n politician. They ALL are suspect.

Decades or not if there was a real crash it would have been reported i imagine.

Correct. That's what I said. If there had been a crash there would be records of it. It sounds like it was a 'hard landing' which is not a crash but that can be scary like a crash. Did Trump say the word 'crash'? I didn't hear that. I heard him say 'went down'. That could imply 'crash' but it also could imply 'hard landing'.

And the thread is not about the economy or even Kamala Harris, but about Trump and lies, downright falsehoods, and hyperbole he chooses to spout.

No kidding. I"m stating that I'd rather hear about what effects me now ... the economy or the border etc .. then about decades old drivel that has nothing to do about anything. Not sure why you are getting uptight about me saying that. It's perfectly fine to say. And it's on topic just fine... stating that an old helicopter story is something that no one really cares about anyways.

Calm down.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Hillary didn't lie about the sniper thing, she "misspoke".

Every politician lies or exaggerates. None can be outright trusted with their stories. Not Hillary. Not Biden. Not Trump. Not Vance. Not Walz. Not Harris. Not 90 year old Willie Brown. Their little anecdotal quips and stories to make the voters like them .... bah!

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I'm calm as a cucumber FlyersFan.

I just think Trump has been taking mince.

And caught out once again.

Not that it will matter to his base, so no harm no foul really.

Aside from to the truth of the matter of course.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
In all fairness, politics aside, the difference between a hard landing and a devastating crash in a helicopter can be a few degrees or a slightly bigger wind gust. I hope if you, your family, or anyone you know experiences such a thing you don't poo-poo it as a nothingburger. What has happened to you people?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Politicians tell lies?

What a shocker!

Apparently, in Heaven everyone has a clock. Every time someone lies, the minute hand moves forward one minute.

St Peter has Tony Blair's in his office.

He uses it as a fan.

edit on 9-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
That's nothing compared to the democrats they always make things up. Also it's a plus he won't let more illigal aliens in.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

And I made a post about his claims about Trump and how it could spell trouble for Trump's campaign.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join