It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Religion is okay but not in politics, is all I have to say about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Define "Right to IVF"

Does that mean the taxpayer has to pay for it ? Whether or not you want to have a baby is entirely up to you...just don't expect me to pay for it.

link   
a reply to: putnam6

Never underestimate a good buzz.

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Their right not to partake methinks.

Telling other people what they can do, not so much.

And i dont really care what their god says which as far as i can establish is absolutely zip regarding the matter.

No, it's thier right to organize and have a voter block that elects representatives that listen to them.

I agree it's misguided but if that's what they choose for thier little county so be it.

but again it's isn't just votes, it's the money from here in Georgia there are 3-4 Bottler's that controlled the Senate for years Ive heard of their influence on this topic, it's takes money to beat back the legalization in the state house.

It's like on person close to the State politics said Once they figure out how the Marijuana lobby can make them more money without ,losing the alcohol bottler's lobby it will be legalized.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Would it not be rather silly to assume the legalization of weed to be the only proposal on the cards?

Just because there are obviously other problems and concerns does not make it completely irrelevant.

As to the city being bankrupt, you can tax the weed just like we do alcohol and cigarettes hence gathering revenue.

edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Then you've also got the fact that he's a former principal and one of the biggest pieces of legislation he's signed as governor is universal school lunches while Trump and Vance plan to get rid of the DOE.

I don't think it can be understated that his political career started by beating an incumbent Republican in a rural district and then getting re-elected five times before getting elected to governor. He clearly has broad appeal.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I got Harris / Waltz...more dancing. You should be dancing.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It's like on person close to the State politics said Once they figure out how the Marijuana lobby can make them more money without ,losing the alcohol bottler's lobby it will be legalized.

One is going to eat into the other products market putnam6, especially where alcohol is concerned.

That is pretty much a certainty.
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

No. It means IVF is an option for people that can't conceive. Vance wants that option taken away.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: FlyersFan

"I'm for electric cars. I have to be because, you know, Elon endorsed me very strongly. So, I have no choice."

Those are Trump's exact words.

Yep, those are SOME of his exact words.
As usual you left out the rest.
Why Lie?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

If CBD is a pain killer, which would people in pain rather have...cheaper CBD or high priced pain killers from pharma?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just saw some footage of this Walz idiot on TV.

Moron says in a 'white dudes for Harris' tape that 'Trump is a danger to society'. Brilliant move Walz .. more extremist rhetoric that gets the shooters all worked up! He's a prime example of what is wrong with people in this country.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm all in for legalizing weed, just treat like it alcohol. Tax it and don't smoke and drive. But younger people will focus on that and vote for whomever is for it. You know as well as I do that young people are easily swayed by such promises and lose track of the big picture.. They constantly complain about the cost of living, but they're all good as long as they can get high.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Religion is okay but not in politics, is all I have to say about that.

Right

“Overly” religious crosses that line.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Well Trump's now shouting about how Kamala Harris wants to ban Christmas and cows underpass61.

Which i think you may find is somewhat of a falsehood in spades.

Then there is the she's not really black she Indian nonsense.

Why lie indeed?

Could it be to pander and play to a certain audience?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

True.

"promise" i suppose being the operative word.

Meaning politicians have been known to come up short on quite a few of those.

Just because they say one thing does not mean they won't do the other.

And that's on all sides of the political aisles.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Don't forget "Young Republicans for Harris". Campaigns within campaigns.

As Harris starts her surprise sprint to the November elections as the likely Democratic presidential nominee, following President Joe Biden suspending his campaign in late July, her campaign has quickly built coalitions ranging from “White Dudes for Harris” to “Young Republicans for Harris,” which is being led by Reed Howard.

“I was a proud Republican, but Donald Trump is unfit to lead our nation,” former New Jersey Republican Gov. Christine Todd Whitman said in a statement. “‘Republicans for Harris’ will be an important way for us to bring that message to the voters who will decide this election.”

news.yahoo.com...

It will be interesting to see how many of the younger generations turn up to vote this go 'round.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: pianopraze

Safe bet IMO, but also there is a grassroots plan to legalize marijuana...that will bring in votes too.

Safe bets LOL most VP's ae chosen because they can delivery a state the candidate was struggling with.

Is Harris struggling in Minnesota? NO

and for what it's worth the rest of the Midwest doesn't look at Minnesota with awe and respect, well except Michigan and Illinois

the rest even moderate Democrats sing

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Maybe they should buy an island for themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Why does he need to pander to 'that' audience, doesn't he already have 'them' in the bag?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join