It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"I'm for electric cars. I have to be because, you know, Elon endorsed me very strongly. So, I have no choice."

Those are Trump's exact words.

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You could also be right.

But the pace of the legalisation is whats in question, and where the votes may come from.

There is a flip side also, as plenty of people would like to see weed remain illegal.

Especially for recreational purposes.

By my guess a lot of older people who simply refuse to see the positives are were conditioned only to see the negatives.

Nah it's more nuanced than that well atleast here in Georgia, plenty of old Boomers from the 70s and 80s who would love to partake. It's the evangelicals and the bottling companies AKA Beer and Liquor, that have enough of the state senate locked up

As of 2014 Georgia still had 11 dry counties,old habits are hard to break

"The dry communities in Georgia are Bulloch County, Butts County, Coweta County, Decatur County, Effingham County, Hart County, Lumpkin County, Murray County, Union County, Upson County and White County, as of 2014."

those areas aren't going to want to spark up 10 years later,

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Oh, that's same commie that let Minnesota burn during the summer of love and signed an executive order allowing children to have their genitals mutilated.

Yup, that checks out.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Should it also be a state's right issue to ban the likes of alcohol and tobacco products given the damage they do nationwide?

Do that and watch a revolution happen overnight methinks.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Ahhh ... Trump bloviating again.
Before that he said he was for a choice ... gas and electric.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It get that is nuanced putnam6.

And that a lot of older folk embrace the product in question.

But there are still people out there doing the rounds kicking and screaming and conditioned to think mary jane is indeed the devil rose.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Should it also be a state's right issue to ban the likes of alcohol and tobacco products given the damage they do nationwide?

States rights. I highly doubt enough people in those states would band together and vote people in office who had the same thought on banning booze and smokes ... but yeah, states rights. There is nothing in the Constitution that says people have a right to booze and smokes, so it's not a federal issue. It's a states issue.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Do that and watch a revolution happen overnight methinks.

Ever heard of Pandora's box

Alcohol and tobacco lobby are a huge reason there is no federal legalization of marijuana, neither industry wants it, though they know it's coming sooner or later

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well take away that ""privlage"" then.

And watch the sky fall my friend.

Guaranteed or thereabouts.

Freedom and all that jazz would be the cry.
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It get that is nuanced putnam6.

And that a lot of older folk embrace the product in question.

But there are still people out there doing the rounds kicking and screaming and conditioned to think mary jane is indeed the devil rose.

Yes those in the Bible Belt aka evangelicals, nothing wrong with it, it's their right and yeah the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Alcohol companies definitely don't want it federally legalized... and they have the bucks to make it happen, more so than Boomers and evangelicals
edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Safe bet IMO, but also there is a grassroots plan to legalize marijuana...that will bring in votes too.

Not enough weed folks to matter. The states that legalized it were voting blue. They need red state votes on that. I am sure it isn't enough to matter one bit. All states are tired of the Drug cartel and Fentanyl/Herion/Cocaine are what are proven health problems. It seems the Church types I hang with are of the opinion to leave folks alone on weed and booze other than to preach not be a drunkard or stoned all day long. CBD us a proven pain reliever and anxiety drug and the normies in my area get that apparently.

link   

Its certainly an enigma of sorts, put it that way.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You have to be dumb as a bag of hammers to vote on that one subject. Sure, I can't afford groceries, rent, my city is bankrupt because of the illegals, but what the hell, I get to smoke weed.

We have MUCH more pressing business than getting high.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Their right not to partake methinks.

Telling other people what they can do, not so much.

And i dont really care what their god says which as far as i can establish is absolutely zip regarding the matter.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hell it is my generations drug of choice when we were in college. Even Christians like me tried it and didn't die. Seemed less a mess than drinking parties to be honest. But like Skynyrd said "ooo oo that smell. Can't you smell that smell". That song said it.

originally posted by: quintessentone

Marijuana is the younger generations' drug of choice, or one of them.

57% of Americans are in favor of the full legalization of marijuana. Also, over half of the country admitted that they have tried marijuana at least once as of 2016. It appears to be just a matter of time before marijuana joins the list of legal drugs that are regulated by the government.

behavioralhealth-centers.com...#:~:text=Similar%20to%20the%20generations%20before%20them%2C%20m illennials%20use,as%20much%20as%2012%25%20of%20millennials%20abuse%20painkillers.

Harris and Walz may be checking all the voter boxes.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting Walz daughter named Hope was born because of IVF. Vance voted down the "Right To IVF Act". Will be an interesting debate.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It can cause psychosis in some.

In others it prevents such.

Different types of strain achieve different highs/goals.

Speaking from experience i think its a lot better for me than alcohol or tobacco products.

Put it this way I've never known anybody get high on weed and hurt a soul.

Not so much with some of the other questionable products on the market legal or illegal.
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yea, even if you’re not in a state with access to it, you’re likely next to one.

Plus the DEA put in motion to reschedule it. If it goes through it would carry about the same regulation and legal ramifications as steroids.

It’s about to be a non issue soon enough anyways.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Interesting Walz daughter named Hope was born because of IVF. Vance voted down the "Right To IVF Act". Will be an interesting debate.

He's Catholic. The Catholic church is against it because it believes life starts at conception and that IVF aborts/kills many many more children than it births. They are right. For every live baby born, there are like 5 siblings that died in the process to get that one birth. So if you are pro life, you should be against IVF. But most pro lifers are not.

Trump is not against IVF. He's for it.

I'm sure Vance 'adjusted' his stand on this issue in order to be named VP.

They all 'evolve' their stands to fit the political need of the moment.

Doesn't matter if they are democrat or republican. They all do it.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Ahhh ... Trump bloviating again.
Before that he said he was for a choice ... gas and electric.

He’s not just bloviating. He’s clearly stating that if you give him enough money he will give you whatever policy you want if he becomes POTUS. That’s why a lot of the techbros like him. They know he can be bribed and they know they have enough money to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join