It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheTardis2

Sounds rather paranoid.

But if that's the case.

And on the flip side.

Who has their proverbial fist up Trump's behind.

Making his decisions, and/or pulling the strings from behind the curtain?

I think that might be the problem, and the reason they are so against him. I mean, he was already president for 4 years, and "democracy" still exists, yet we are supposed to believe that if he wins again, this time, it's fo real.

edit on 6-8-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh come on FlyersFan the complete legalisation of weed is going to win votes, especially in the other 12 states for a start.

No two ways about it in this day of age.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This was the right pick. Walz's messaging has been on point. He seems to resonate with the party as a whole and doesn't really risk costing her voters. With her numbers being up in Pennsylvania, there really wasn't much Shapiro would offer, while Walz ensures enthusiasm stays high going into the election.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is crazy......

Harris/Walz

Harris/Walz

it take two seconds...... Hairless/Balz 2024 lol
edit on R502024-08-06T08:50:20-05:00k508Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Who has their proverbial fist up Trump's behind.

Making his decisions, and/or pulling the strings from behind the curtain?

No one. That's why the right wing establishment hates him. And thats' why he does such a bad job on a personal level ... bloviating and going off topic etc. If he was being controlled by higher powers, he'd be doing a better job of this then he is.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think the problem is people think Trump is different from all the rest.

And that's just not true by my guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I dunno ... I think the states are dealing with it on their own and it's not a federal issue. It's moving towards total legalization on it's own. Can't see a VPOTUS having much to do with it. But I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Is he woke? Gotta' be 'woke' according to Harris. Everyone has to be.

Video Here of her saying everyone needs to be woke

Considering he's so far left, he probably is.

The only worse choice she could have made for the country would have been Bernie Sanders himself.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Just need to disagree on that score FlyersFan.

If there is control as suggested Trump is part of it.

After all power is what he seeks, that should tell you everything that's required.

As to better jobs, well i think he would have gubbed Biden, if that counts.

Kamala maybe not so much, for the same to similar reasons, he would have trounced Biden.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It's a bit of a gray area. Under the Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is categorized as a Schedule I drug. Which means there is no medicinal benefits and is illegal to possess, even with a prescription.

The federal government has kind of turned a blind eye to states that have decriminalized it, but if they really wanted to, they could crackdown on those states and start charging people in federal court.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Right. Let each state decide on Marijuana, as is done with abortion.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well we know that's not true. At a recent rally he talked about supporting EVs now that Elon was backing his campaign. If it wasn't for Peter Thiel, there's no chance Vance gets picked as Trump's running mate.

Trump is controlled by the techbros that dream of a post-democracy America.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You could also be right.

But the pace of the legalisation is whats in question, and where the votes may come from.

There is a flip side also, as plenty of people would like to see weed remain illegal.

Especially for recreational purposes.

By my guess a lot of older people who simply refuse to see the positives are were conditioned only to see the negatives.
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Waltz paid $24 million taxpayer dollars to George Floyd's family. He's woke.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
At a recent rally he talked about supporting EVs now that Elon was backing his campaign.

Pretty sure he's always been for normal gas cars and the CHOICE that people should have of EVs ... but no mandate that they buy them like the left wants.

If it wasn't for Peter Thiel, there's no chance Vance gets picked as Trump's running mate.

I think Trump picked Vance because Trump Jr. liked him, because Trump thinks Vance is 'good looking' and would make good optics (that's what HE said, I disagree), and because Vance is pretty much nothing more than a Trump cheerleader and Trump seems to need that. Vance has the same political experience as Obama, so the left can't complain that Vance doesn't have enough experience ... I happen to think both Obama and Vance dont/didn't have enough experience to run for POTUS or VPOTUS.

Trump is controlled by the techbros that dream of a post-democracy America.

Again ... I don't think he's controlled by anyone. He is just doing his own thing. Which is why he's such a mess. If someone were controlling him, he'd be more polished and he's not be bloviating and he's stay on message etc etc. He's just a popular nationalist striking a chord with people who are tired of the downslide America is in .. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Right. Let each state decide on Marijuana, as is done with abortion.

^^ That. States rights issue is where it should be.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Trump wants E.V. s optional.

Harris phasing out gas automobiles, forcing EV use.

Big difference!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

By my guess a lot of older people who simply refuse to see the positives are were conditioned only to see the negatives.

I'm 'older' ... 62. I was for legalizing it totally like booze. I can see the good things that come from the medical side too, especially with folks with seizures. BUT a few years ago I read about how it can cause psychosis in folks even with one try. And Dr Phil came out saying the same thing ... that he was for it and now he's very cautious about it and thinking that total legality may not be the answer because there ARE negative effects.

So I'm kinda with Dr. Phil on this one. IN the middle. I don't know the answer.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Waltz is 10 times smarter than Kamala. She will get mad at him a lot.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Waltz paid $24 million taxpayer dollars to George Floyd's family. He's woke.

Oh geeeze ... so he's an idiot. Great. Harris is a cackling moron who doesn't know anything about anything, just answers questions with a word salad mess to try to sound like she knows something, so I guess she managed to pick someone who wouldn't outshine her. Pretty hard to do but looks like she managed to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join