It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Monday:Nikkei stock index closes largest point drop in history in a single day 4,400 points

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: 38181

For those with 401K’s what do we do?, asking for a friend.

Just sit through it and wait it out. The market has dipped before.

I made people sign a note when they wanted to transfer out (against my advice) due to a market drop. All except the older clients regretted locking in their losses like that, a few months later. The Obama downturn, followed by a quick upturn, caused quite a bit of anguish.

Unless you are about to retire, there is no reason to be panicking. Further, if someone is that close, they shouldn't be invested that heavily in equities anyway. Markets go up and down. The key is to consistently keep investing as over time, you come out ahead. stay the course.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: 38181

For those with 401K’s what do we do?, asking for a friend.

Just sit through it and wait it out. The market has dipped before.

I made people sign a note when they wanted to transfer out (against my advice) due to a market drop. All except the older clients regretted locking in their losses like that, a few months later. The Obama downturn, followed by a quick upturn, caused quite a bit of anguish.

Well if your in it, you should be in it to win it. The idea is if you are retiring soon or retired you are hosed if you didn't liquidate while it was high. I did that and Uncle Sam made out like a bandit, but we saw a need to have things like clean water available if something big happens. Now I see the percentage drop of things and realize we may have sold high and bought low as was the real plan. So, I am not buying much now and will get hurt on what we have left in our joint savings of stocks. If any have cash after this when the market is tanked, buying will be good if you pick something logical like a Cola stock can be when folks have money to spend.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Candidate President Trump says we have a choice..

Trump CASH -or- Kamala CRASH

gettr.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You are very wise. I've been through these natural and manufactured up/down cycles numerous times, dating back to 1985.

This one is manufactured. The Oct 4th/Nov 4th reports will all be glowing (due to 45 days of ballot-casting in some swing states) Election day is Tues Nov 5th.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

You are very wise. I've been through these natural and manufactured up/down cycles numerous times, dating back to 1985. This one is manufactured.

Why would they manufacture this one?

I assume you’re implying it’s for a political purpose, if that was the case wouldn’t they not want this right now ahead of an election?

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Kamala is watching!!! 😀

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: network dude
No maybe not , maybe a bit far fetched but if they have the power manipulate stock markets and even targeting certain groups that they know are closely related to Trumps legacy, we might understand that this again goes down that deeper rabbit hole ?

What will happen if around the elections a country or even the world heads to another recession one that takes years to recover from ?

I for one, believe this as high probability.

Possibility or probability?

If it’s a high probability it should be pretty easy to show the math.

Touche’. Possibility is ‘probably’ the more apt term to use. I suck at math. The only math I’m good at is knowing I’m in a world of hurt financially, with a wife (whom works as well) and 2 kids to worry about. And with a ‘possibility’ ‘probable’ that another Trump presidency will give an assist to the matter.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

You are very wise. I've been through these natural and manufactured up/down cycles numerous times, dating back to 1985.

This one is manufactured. The Oct 4th/Nov 4th reports will all be glowing (due to 45 days of ballot-casting in some swing states) Election day is Tues Nov 5th.

I think next time, you too will see it coming a mile away.

It is cyclical, but it doesn't always come back real fast because some folks want us dependent on hand outs for food and shelter.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

Kudos for seeing that.

But again I’m curious since many members have eluded to this being a move against Trump….

Why now? What tactical advantage is there to starting a tumble during an admin under the left ahead of an election?

Wouldn’t they want to wait till he is elected? Market and economic uncertainty is the worst thing for an incumbent party in power.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The top 20 drops in DOW history all occurred under Trump.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just checked my stocks and they're up? Not thanks to stinking politicians, but at least I'm ignoring the doom & gloom .
Doom & gloom doesn't help anyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
I just checked my stocks and they're up? Not thanks to stinking politicians, but at least I'm ignoring the doom & gloom .

They can only go so far down, but they could do it in steps. Like take your money and tank some more. I know I have been pausing my crypto purchases. They are tanking too.

Ready for NESARA?

I hope we are.

edit on 5000000133120248America/Chicago08pm8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sell short...bit risky but tons of fun.

markets.businessinsider.com...[edi tby]edit on 5-8-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

I know I have been pausing my crypto purchases. They are tanking too.

Buy that dip

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Kaiju666

Kudos for seeing that.

But again I’m curious since many members have eluded to this being a move against Trump….

Why now? What tactical advantage is there to starting a tumble during an admin under the left ahead of an election?

Wouldn’t they want to wait till he is elected? Market and economic uncertainty is the worst thing for an incumbent party in power.

I think the apprehension about things being against Trump has to do with how "they" have gone after him. It's clear they will nuke the world to try to get him, so anything is within the realm of possibility. Some are conditioned to think it's always about getting Trump. And it just might be. Or not.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

The top 20 drops in DOW history all occurred under Trump.

Trump is not the president right now. Joe Biden is. It's been in the news. Check into that.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole
a reply to: putnam6

Is anyone experiencing what these poor investors are? All I can say is, the "plunge protection team" is definitely working against investors.

Retail Traders Furious As Outages Hit Major US Brokerages Amid Black Monday Chaos

US retail traders are panicking this AM after likely receiving push notifications on their smartphones about market turmoil in Asia and Europe, which has since spread to the US premarket. Now that the cash session is about 15 minutes underway, website monitor DownDector reports outages are emerging across several major US brokerage houses as everyone tries to log into their accounts and sell stocks.

DownDector reports that users of Charles Schwab, Fidelity, Ameritrade, Vanguard, and E-Trade are all reporting website outages, which have been surging around the start of the US cash session.

www.zerohedge.com...
Straight BS. SMH.🤦

Yep just double checked could be a coordinated hacking effort or did the activity crash everything, but loads of sites look wonky I haven't looked at Down Detector in awhile though so are these disruptions normal

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You are very wise. I've been through these natural and manufactured up/down cycles numerous times, dating back to 1985. This one is manufactured.

Why would they manufacture this one?

I assume you’re implying it’s for a political purpose, if that was the case wouldn’t they not want this right now ahead of an election?

No..the strong upsurge in market value, combined with a plummeting gasoline price in October, will give Kamala/MSM significant bragging rights.

imo - Most Americans vote based on what they're presently experiencing. Last Year and Next Year are not that important to MOST voters.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The Biden Administration has made investors, traders, and top money managers, little pink fuzzball wimps. What's the word being used now for the sissyfying of Americans?

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Don't know if it is related, and don't want to derail thread, but just noticed that my connection to ATS (from tablet) has gotten very slow all of a sudden.

Too much traffic on web, maybe?

Posting from California.

Popping a few Dramamine for the ride.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join