It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to debate Harris, and gets better terms.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Democrats are going to regret running Joe Biden from the race.

He's about to be put on Mt. Rushmore.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree.

While I also think neither has a chance, I think their relevance has earned them a spot.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why isn't RFK jr participating then?

I don't think he qualified. nymag.com...

Did Trump invite him to his FOX News debate?

edit on 5620242024k56America/Chicago2024-08-04T15:56:56-05:0003pm2024-08-04T15:56:56-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sure didn't.

Also, neither seem to be making much of a stink about it either ..

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Maybe he did, but it's not in the written agreement with the network.

Irrelevant.
He agreed to debate Biden.
When Biden backed out, the agreement was broken.
The end.

He agreed to participate in a debate that included all qualified participants. Biden disqualified himself. Kamala Harris qualified.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Camilla the Coward speak to the press yet?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wish someone would ask Kamilla the Koward if she plans on being less progressive or more progressive than Biden and why would she change her policies?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Today, she is interviewing men who are willing to lose with her.

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Today, she is interviewing men who are willing to lose with her.

www.msn.com...

lol

Who is willing to end their political career?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Irrelevant.
The end.

He agreed to participate in a debate that included all qualified participants. Biden disqualified himself. Kamala Harris qualified.

You're saying he's bound to an agreement to follow through on something unprecedented in the history of this country?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Irrelevant.
The end.

I think it's fair that it's on Fox - which is at least more neutral ground.
Trump has already done a debate on CNN.
Kamala has chickened out of the debate because she wants a home crowd at ABC - pretty simple really.

Given the Democrats have killed democracy by installing a Queen instead of letting people vote, no prior agreement to debate an actual elected opponent is relevant.

No amount of spin is going to change the fact that Kamala has refused to debate Trump.

edit on 4/8/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Irrelevant.
The end.

You're saying he's bound to an agreement to follow through on something unprecedented in the history of this country?

I don't know if he's "bound" or not. I guess ABC can sue for Breach of Contract if he is.

As far as unprecedented, isn't that Trump's favorite moniker?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole
a reply to: RazorV66

I'll wager that she will blame it all on Trump to his face, LOL

Lol. She's warming up!

"Guess Who Kamala Harris Blames For Disastrous Jobs Report?"

Following last week's horrendous jobs report, the Kamala Harris campaign issued a statement blaming - you guessed it - Donald Trump!

"Donald Trump failed Americans as president, costing our economy millions of jobs, and bringing us to the brink of recession," said Harris for President spokesperson James Singer in a statement.

"Now, he’s promising even more damage with a Project 2025 agenda that will decimate the middle class and increase taxes on working families, while ripping away health care, raising prescription drug costs, and cutting Social Security and Medicare — all while making his billionaire donors richer."
www.zerohedge.com...

Erroneous Project 2025 name drop as well! Lol.

I'm telling you she'll blame it all on him if it gets to a debate. Lol. Guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No he didn't, he agreed to debate Biden and if I were him I would wait until she is fully confirmed in as the presidential nominee. Then the dims won't have any other options of substitution if things don't work out.
edit on 4-8-2024 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I know Trump can bait her into denouncing historical slave ownership by the founding fathers, and then kindly remind her she should drop out because her family dealt in slaves per her own father's accounting of his family history. Snope's dissagree's with Mr. Harris, the father of acting POTUS Harris, claiming they cannot find evidence proving his statements about his family lineage.

It would be a very great way too pin her between a rock and a hard place because she would either have to openly admit her family owned slaves in the past, and if she was in support of boycotting anyone with such a history in the past she would have to agree to step down in order to not be a hypocrite. OR she would be forced, in front of the world and America including her own family, to call her father a liar. She would be forced to say her father is either a liar in front of the world, or admit it. One or the other. The only problem is, Trump may get to carried away. I think he should just ignore the entire race matter, and if they press it reply with an easy "racists spend all their time focusing on race and skin colors. A President spends his time trying to keep the border secure, dealing with rival military power to secure the safety of our citizens, and ensure a robust sound financial policy so that our economy is strong and our people employed earning fair wages!"

And it should just be his default answer everytime they reach for the next gotcha remark, just reply with the same exact thing.

Harris should also be called out on her opinion of men beating women up in the workplace like the Olympic boxing matches and if she agree women should continue to be forced to compete in an abusive workplace in order to even be allowed to compete.

When a man is beating a woman's face in at a women's boxing match on international TV, that will not be an easy question for her to answer. The yes or no question that must continue to be pressed is "do you continue to support that a women must work in a hostile workplace and be physically abused by men in order to compete in women's sports? I wouldn't even play the pronoun game. If the response is "your refusing to have nay respect for pronouns" the quick reply is "I am not concerned with how physically abusive mentally ill adult men want to be perceived, I asked you if women should continue to suffer physical abuse from men in the workplace as a qualifier to compete in women's sports?"

She has zero defense for it. Any answer she tries to give will be either supporting violence against women, or throwing her biggest supporters the trans community under the bus. Same as the slave ownership in the past thing. Either she calls her father a liar, or attempts to justify why we should no longer judge prior slave dealers from a time when it was standard practice globally.

But the slave ownership thing has to happen organically. he has to like just play pretend while praising prior American founding fathers which have been under attack since Obama came to power and see if Harris remarks about how they used to own slaves. If she don't take the bait, which she may not because both parties are reading very carefully ATS and other social media, if she don't take it just consider it a failed try and maybe sneak it back in their later on after she may have gotten a little more frenzied on a different topic. If he can drop it in a moment of frenzied ranting she may forget and just reply instinctively thinking about momentum until she realizes what she stepped into.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Nope. He agreed to a debate with Biden. Period.
You are interjecting things that are not true.

In order to be in the debate BIden had to be qualified, but Trump in no way agreed to a debate 'that included all qualified participants'. It was with Biden alone.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Nope. He agreed to a debate with Biden. Period.

Trump accepted an invitation from ABC to participate in the Sept 10th debate.

Biden and Trump said later in the morning that they had accepted an invitation by ABC News to participate in a second debate on Sept. 10.

www.nbcnews.com...

ABC News candidate qualification requirements for the 2024 election presidential debate planned for Tuesday, Sept. 10, include the following:

All participants must meet the requirements outlined in Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution to serve as president and must have filed a Statement of Candidacy with the Federal Election Commission. All participants must appear on a sufficient number of state ballots, as certified by the Secretary of State or the relevant election authority in each state, to attain a majority (270) of electoral votes in the presidential election by Sept. 3, 2024. All participants must agree to accept the rules and format of the debate, as formulated by ABC News.

All participants must reach at least 15% support in four separate national polls of registered or likely voters that meet ABC News standards and the following additional requirements:

FACT: Trump accepted an invitation from ABC to participate in the Sept 10th debate.
FACT: The agreement, by law, included all qualitied candidates.

Fact: Harris is a qualified Candidate
FACT: Joe Biden is disqualified by his own withdrawal.

The determination on whether a candidate meets all the above requirements and is therefore eligible to participate in the debate will be made promptly after Sept. 3, 2024.

edit on 1720242024k53America/Chicago2024-08-05T09:53:17-05:0009am2024-08-05T09:53:17-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

When a man is beating a woman's face in at a women's boxing match on international TV, that will not be an easy question for her to answer.

That was an Algerian woman, who was born with a vagina, not a man. I thought you guys knew how to define and identify what a woman is!

But I can see why MAGA Trump fans will blame Biden for Olympic athlete's rules and qualification, and why that would serve as an excuse as to why he shouldn't debate Harris on ABC on Sept 10th!

edit on 3820242024k08America/Chicago2024-08-05T10:08:38-05:0010am2024-08-05T10:08:38-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

FACT: The agreement, by law, included all qualitied candidates.

No it did not. It specified who would be considered qualified, but it did not 'include all qualified candidates'. The exact wording was this - 'All participants must meet the requirements outlined in ... '. It just says that the participants must meet the requirements. It does not say that all people who meet requirements are part of the agreed debate.

You are dead wrong.

The agreement was between Biden and Trump.
Biden backed out. Therefore, the agreement is void.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It just says that the participants must meet the requirements. It does not say that all people who meet requirements are part of the agreed debate.

Oh? Did the agreement have a clause, or some fine print, that stipulated that only Donald Trump could decide whether or not a qualified candidate could participant?

I didn't think do.

Biden backed out. Therefore, the agreement is void.

Trump accepted an invitation from ABC, not Joe Biden. By law, the ABC agreement included candidate qualification for all participants.

You are dead wrong.

edit on 0120242024k02America/Chicago2024-08-05T10:02:01-05:0010am2024-08-05T10:02:01-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join